Western Tourists pose naked at Holy Malaysian mountain, gets arrested and sparks Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jouni

I guess you should invite more swedish members here, they are familiar with current Gay&Lesbian trends...

brational

Country flag
Though I won't do such kind of fantabulous activity, but I support them wholeheartedly. Arresting them goes against "freedom of expression". Here in India too I support the feminazis who cry foul when people protest women wearing obscene dresses.

Finnis are doing excellent work for the society(specially for 3rd world) don't ask me how:biggrin2:. Seems in a couple of decades they will stop wearing cloths.

People terms Indians defecating in open as "Poor/Religious" and Westerners bathing in open/icy water are "Adventurous!"
In countries like India, football is played on dry ground (sometimes we too prefer playing in the rain) but Ultra-advanced countries started playing it in knee-deep mud. I am just loving it.

Thanx @rock127 for creating this thread.

Western Tourists pose naked at Holy Malaysian mountain, gets arrested and sparks Controversy

Four Western tourists, including a Briton, have been arrested in Malaysia for allegedly taking naked pictures on a mountaintop considered sacred by tribes.A group of 10 people reportedly stripped off to take photographs of themselves on Malaysia's Mount Kinabalu. Four people have been arrested and could be charged with causing a public nuisance.

Mount Kinibalu is believed by local tribes to house the spirits of dead ancestors, with some of the more superstitious even linking the disturbance to a fatalearthquake that took place last week.

Several famous tourist attractions, including places of religious significance, are being used for naked images in the same way by holidaymakers and gap-year travellers.Disrobing at Machu Picchu, a 15th-Century Inca citadel in the Peruvian Andes, designated as a Unesco world heritage site, has resulted in several arrests. Two sisters from Arizona were arrested and fined in February for taking pictures of their buttocks inside the Angkor Wat temple, while three French men were deported for similar offences.

Many more have got away without police action, posting their pictures on Facebook. One page shows a nude man standing in front of Rio de Janeiro's Christ the Redeemer statue and mimicking its pose.There's a picture of another naked man standing in a shot of Australia's Uluru, or Ayer's Rock. Paris's Eiffel Tower, the Great Wall of China and Bolivia's Salar de Uyuni, the world's largest salt flat, have received similar treatment.

"It was an act of friendship and stepping out of our comfort zone," says one of four men who revealed their bottoms in a picture taken at the Grand Canyon. The location "simply added to that moment", he adds. "There was no one else but us there so we didn't think anyone would be offended."However, all of us have also travelled around Asia together and I don't think any of us would have done something that would disrespect the culture. America, on the other hand, is a lot more liberal."

Those punished for taking naked selfies have only themselves to blame, says Simon Calder, senior travel editor for the Independent newspaper, who has himself climbed Mount Kinabalu. "When you step off into another country, remember that it has its own rules and you should observe them," he adds. "You might not agree with what you consider conservative cultural beliefs, but that's not relevant.

"The top of Mount Kinabalu isn't some empty place. It's a rite of passage for many Malaysians to climb it. There would have been hundreds of people around when the naked selfies were taken." Calder thinks the exotically placed naked selfie has "definitely increased in popularity".

Is it becoming part of the Western gap year rite of passage? "There seems to be a challenge for people going travelling to get more and more extreme," says Sandi Mann, senior lecturer in psychology at the University of Central Lancashire. "Standing next to a wall naked wouldn't have half the impact of a naked body juxtaposed with a famous monument."

Mann says that people's need to be admired on social media for their daring is "sad". It means that Westerners are imposing themselves on other peoples and "trying to demonstrate to people on Facebook, Twitter and other sites that they've had 'wild experiences' rather than actually experiencing a culture, which is the whole point of travel in the first place", she adds.

Last edited:

brational

Country flag
Ok i will put up a poll on this subject... If majority of the forum wants me to leave i shall do so...
@sob I will be putting up a thread on my existence here.
Madam, you don't need to do this. Not a single person here wants you to leave. Take my words, not a single vote will be casted against you. I think everyone is happy with you. Just Have a little sporting spirit.

sob

Mod
Country flag
I dont know what i have done to these gays here on this forum that they keep attacking me. I am done here. I have had enough of BS thrown at me. This @rock127 deliberately tagged mere so he could humiliate me. Such a shameless forum of people who cannot respect a lady from their own country.. their little lala land was busted by me and they cannot stand it... @Ray is gone and there is nothing left here anymore. Any standard this forum had was because of him.. These gay rotten ugly ******s contribute nothing to anybody's life or to the nation..

Goodbye and Jai hind to the other patriots on this forum and the other good people who deserve better than to be rubbing shoulders with these gay ****.
you do not need to feed the trolls. You wade in and exchange blow for blow in equal measure.
the forum has zero tolerance towards personal attacks and will remain so.

rest is up to you.

sob

Mod
Country flag
closing the thread. It has been derailed completely and till sanity returns will remain closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles