US position on Japan island dispute a betrayal

sukhish

china is a third rated world power. once U.S roars, it just shuts up.

no smoking

Country flag
China was hoping being part of the P5 would give them leverage and it didn't.
They have abused the P5 position to start border and water disputes all over
Asia.
Really?
Then why Chinese refuse to bring these dispute to international court?

nimo_cn

Country flag
Not that long ago, the white-house spokeswoman said America took no position on the Diaoyu Island.

Americans thought they could play duplicity and fool China. Now we all see what America is really up to.

Please continue warning us, Mrs Hilary!

nimo_cn

Country flag
You just pray that she does not become the next American President...
Does that really matter?

Conflicts of national interests between China and US determines what kind of relationship the two would be enjoying, whoever becomes the president of US, the foreign policy would be the same.

By the way, she is too old to be the president.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Does that really matter?

Conflicts of national interests between China and US determines what kind of relationship the two would be enjoying, whoever becomes the president of US, the foreign policy would be the same.

Personality, ideology and personal interests of whoever the American President is do affect American foreign policy, maybe not in a wholesale fashion but it does. Just look at how foreign policy was conducted by Bush, Jr. and Obama with regards to China. The former, who is known to be very cozy with big business but fixated with finishing what his father has stopped (deposing Saddam), was more accommodating to China (the darling of American big business) while being too cocky at Middle Eastern conflicts. The latter on the other hand is more engaged and alarmed at China but less cowboy-like in the Middle East. Mrs. Clinton on the other hand I'm sure will be more vocal on the side of Israel and America's Asian allies if ever she is elected to the Presidency. I think based on what I heard so far the American State Department, the Secretary Secretary in particular, has been more outspoken in its support for their Asian allies specially on the matter of its various MDTs in the territorial disputes with China while the White House, Obama in particular, has been more neutral and noncommittal with regards to invoking MDTs in these territorial disputes. And you've seen how Hillary voted for the Iraq war while Obama voted against it. So I have no doubt that Hillary will be a more hawkish President than Obama in Asia.

By the way, she is too old to be the president.
But she is the most popular possible candidate right now for American Presidency. Maybe its has something to do with American nostalgia for the 90s Clinton era.

http://thepresidency.us/2013/01/201...on-poll-hillary-clinton-would-lead-potential/

Last edited:

desicanuk

I know India is working hard to to get a seat in the "P5". But I don't see any relationships between the China's permanent membership of the security council and these recent disputes.
China should be kicked out from permanent membership of the UN.Fascist regimes should not be accorded such honor.Once you respect human rights and leave Tibet and East Turkestan ,then perhaps your membership can be reconsidered.

no smoking

Country flag
China should be kicked out from permanent membership of the UN.Fascist regimes should not be accorded such honor.Once you respect human rights and leave Tibet and East Turkestan ,then perhaps your membership can be reconsidered.
Yes, China should be kicked out from permanent seat because Indians say so!
Unfortunately we are in the room and you are just the one waiting outside. So you should wake up and listen to our conditions regarding your application.

ice berg

I am not aware that P5 is given according to human rights record.

Nor did I know that the rest of the members are champions of human rights. :rofl:

How old are you, kid?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China has to remain in the UNSC.

You always require an elephant in the room to add to the fun and games!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles