US pleased to get India's support in UN showdown with Sri Lanka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
For many of the remaining 93%, the part of 7%'s so called concerns are baseless and invalid. Nothing more than arm twisting as we see in coalition govts where they use "aspirations" to further their vested interests.

SL Tamils are not Indian citizens and apart from having moral obligation like the rest of the world and to a little more extent than the rest of the world as we are neighbors, we have nothing much to do.

Let me put it this way, did we appreciate Paki interference and promotion of Punjabis to a point of terrorism after Bluestar?

For me, our TN mates are just too emotional as unreasonable.

For 100% 7% is invalid 2moro in some other case from that 93% another 12% will be invalid for you and then from the remaining 81% another small group of 8% will be invalid thus you will end up with nothing more than dividing peoples, As INDIANS we must stand united as INDIANS and must give value to the fellow INDIAN feeling other than any thing else.

You please say me why they are known as TAMILS ? as they are in SL did tamil have two origin ?, We have a very good reason why we support them they are from our land and we share way more than soft corner for them for various reason as you all may know.

And what is the relevance it holds here who is Punjabi here you referring and what terrorism we are promoting ??

Emotions have taught mankind to reason with friend.

Reactions: KS

Oracle

Frankly backing such a resolution does no substantial harm to Sri Lanka's incumbent govmt or their armed forces. It only works to increase Lankan hostility toward India. And those Tamils were not even Indian citizens .

Of course it's up to u to weigh 7% or the whole .

If India is to take on China of course SL has to be seen as a whole to be won over instead of merely their Tamils
Unfortunately, some people are on a high as coalition politics further pushes India into a direction-less way. When regionalistic emotions takes over National interests, for entities which are foreign, then negative policy decisions are seen as the way to go about. Non-interference for our own good does not matter, nor does the remaining 93%, if the 7% population figure is correct.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Even if Sri Lanka loose in Geneva........... it can still mend the way over.... this is just a minor setback.. SLG will to it's duty what so ever!

noob101

But Sri Lankans I know in Britain hate India. That is a personal observation and it no way reflects the whole country and its countless citizens.
That dose not matter... most Americans hate china and its political system but Unkil and the Dragon are connected at the hip economically.... you kill one the other dies as well

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
For 100% 7% is invalid 2moro in some other case from that 93% another 12% will be invalid for you and then from the remaining 81% another small group of 8% will be invalid thus you will end up with nothing more than dividing peoples, As INDIANS we must stand united as INDIANS and must give value to the fellow INDIAN feeling other than any thing else.

You please say me why they are known as TAMILS ? as they are in SL did tamil have two origin ?, We have a very good reason why we support them they are from our land and we share way more than soft corner for them for various reason as you all may know.

And what is the relevance it holds here who is Punjabi here you referring and what terrorism we are promoting ??

Emotions have taught mankind to reason with friend.
The issue of origin of Tamils can be debated.

Let me tell you this, the Tamils who I interacted with in SL when I was in Colombo, don't have any soft corner for India.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
They were saying no religious freedom in India which is a fag or are you saying that there is no actual freedom of religion here :frusty:

But Now they are giving a resolution in UN(not US House, which had no say over our internal matters :frusty:) which is based on facts and in which both SriLanka and India are parties.

Talking of apples and oranges :frusty:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Even if Sri Lanka loose in Geneva........... it can still mend the way over.... this is just a minor setback.. SLG will to it's duty what so ever!
Dude, really. If your govt is so sure it is not at fault, why oppose this resolution:rolleyes:

Oracle

But Sri Lankans I know in Britain hate India. That is a personal observation and it no way reflects the whole country and its countless citizens.
Good point. I guess you meant a Sri Lankan Sinhala. I have also observed this, heck I had a flatmate. But he and his friends were cool with me. Used to pick me up, drop me by his car. Nice people.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
India is 'inclined'.

Inclination is one thing and acting to fulfil it another!

But then MMS loves the guessing game.

Gets him greater purchase.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
They were saying no religious freedom in India which is a fag or are you saying that there is no actual freedom of religion here :frusty:

But Now they are giving a resolution in UN(not US House, which had no say over our internal matters :frusty:) which is based on facts and in which both SriLanka and India are parties.

Talking of apples and oranges :frusty:
Talk about interfering in other county's affairs.

Oracle

Since, every week there is a thread about Sri Lanka, I would not be surprised if some LTTE terrorists have sneaked inside TN during the last days of the war and are trying to set up a base here with local support. Indian investigation agencies should conduct a through probe inside TN.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Since, every week there is a thread about Sri Lanka, I would not be surprised if some LTTE terrorists have sneaked inside TN during the last days of the war and are trying to set up a base here with local support. Indian investigation agencies should conduct a through probe inside TN.
ya let them check my hostel. I have nothing to hide:troll:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Talk about a Hypocrit :bounce:
Talk about national interest. Everyone is a hypocrite. Did you read the report where the US was action against SL but arming the Bahrainis and about UK arming the Lankans while showing a bleeding heart for Tamils?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Talk about national interest. Everyone is a hypocrite. Did you read the report where the US was action against SL but arming the Bahrainis and about UK arming the Lankans while showing a bleeding heart for Tamils?
I was referring to India as a Hypocrit, Not US-since they are well known hypocrites everywhere. But the point is we should vote in favor if it suits us. That is all.

And as Noob said, SL falling in Chicom lap is too over rated and we have infuriated them a lot before and something more wont harm a lot.

Oracle

ya let them check my hostel. I have nothing to hide:troll:
Let me narrate you an incident. During the later years of 1990s when I was doing my graduation, one fine day (saturday or sunday) my hostel mate brought in 2 guys in my room. IIRC one was a intelligence guy and the other some narcotics officer with the Government of Assam. They came because they heard that there is an injured ULFA in our campus, and that some students were aiding him in his treatment. Those guys were late. The ULFA terrorist had already left the campus. This is a true incident. So, hostels should be checked too, as most students are sympathetic to the causes of terrorists who are of their origin, owing to their on-the-development path brain. And, now you can stop trolling.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I was referring to India as a Hypocrit, Not US-since they are well known hypocrites everywhere. But the point is we should vote in favor if it suits us. That is all.

And as Noob said, SL falling in Chicom lap is too over rated and we have infuriated them a lot before and something more wont harm a lot.
An I am saying being hypocrite is cornerstone of strategic affairs and geopolitics.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Dude, really. If your govt is so sure it is not at fault, why oppose this resolution:rolleyes:
SLG is not oppose to the resolution.......... but the only problem is the time frame for the LLRC resolutions to be implemented and the unacceptable UNHRC authority over local matters.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
The issue of origin of Tamils can be debated.

Let me tell you this, the Tamils who I interacted with in SL when I was in Colombo, don't have any soft corner for India.
How will they ? when we stood watching and even prevented other international organization from stooping the killings of thousands of innocent.

And when you where in Colombo YEAR ??

Reactions: KS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles