United States backtracks on order of Javelin missile sale to India

trackwhack

btw : rumor has that the Russians are responsible for imi black listing
imi tank ammunition is superior and the Russians used their influence in the IA to screw imi over made up charges
if the charges were not true, I am sure IMI would have contested the defence departments decision. There was mute silence from all the blacklisted firms and that indicates guilty as charged boss. :)

pack leader

Professional
if the charges were not true, I am sure IMI would have contested the defence departments decision. There was mute silence from all the blacklisted firms and that indicates guilty as charged boss. :)
i know the imi sails team in India
they told me this themselves and named names off Indian officials " owned" by the Russian embassy
i have no proof but the story is very detailed and believable
IA is incredibly corrupt compered to IN and IAF (personal exp )

trackwhack

they told me this themselves and named names off Indian officials " owned" by the Russian embassy
that cant be very good.

jackhammer2

Country flag
why do you care show them the finger and buy spike
it has better capabilities it is in service in 28 states
its 25% cheaper
you can buy "special versions" for Indian sf and counter artillery units like we do in the idf
mini spike can be used against infiltrators in the loc and bsf against rebels and traitors
Its not going to be easy to buy spike Bcoz if we won't be buying javelin then Rafael will be the only contender hence even if IA likes the system they'll have to take special permission from the MOD as it would be the single seller situation. .

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
IMI black listed but sales team still in India :confused:

blueblood

Great, no Javelin. I never liked it anyways. Hyped performance, expensive, strings attached and most important, no "Man in the loop" feature.

Spike is the way forward.

olivers

It's not the IA which handles these weapons deals. It's the civil servants. They are the most corrupt. The second in line are the politicians who don't change. They just switch sides. UPA, NDA. Regional parties are the most corrupt. As much as I hate to say it, there is enough buying and selling of people involved in the defense procurement. Defense procurement is in the hands of civil admin. They bribe the IA to buy what they think will line their pockets.

pack leader

Professional
It's not the IA which handles these weapons deals. It's the civil servants. They are the most corrupt. The second in line are the politicians who don't change. They just switch sides. UPA, NDA. Regional parties are the most corrupt. As much as I hate to say it, there is enough buying and selling of people involved in the defense procurement. Defense procurement is in the hands of civil admin. They bribe the IA to buy what they think will line their pockets.
in all tenders in India IN has "clean hands" always best or most cost affective equipment chosen
regardless off vendor name or origin
in IA the opposite is true many wired choices long evaluation period and unfair tests designed to fit an agenda

p2prada

CBI is responsible for the bans. I doubt IA has any influence there.

The ban happened this year, so we will see how things progress.

Other companies banned include a German, Russian, Singaporean and two Indian firms. All done by CBI.

Rheinmetall, IMI Banned From Selling Arms To India : Defense news

Country flag
With all these bans what country is left to buy from? Denel and Bofors also banned.

Zebra

Country flag
With all these bans what country is left to buy from? Denel and Bofors also banned.
Nexter- France.
BAE- UK/ US.

Let me add few more,
Samsung, SK.
KMW- Donar, Germany.
Paladin M109A6, US.

:thumb:

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
ban every one then ban OFB and locals.
We will fight next war with sticks and stones.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
the reasons why DRDO is unable to develop a man-portable 3rd Gen TGM might be our technological limitation to develop a good enough Seeker for it .. :noidea:
DK you have no idea what you are saying, India already has manortable missile made in licence by BEL, Nag manport is not made because stupid army never issued GSQR, no GSQR means for small projects no funding, which means if drdo make it on its own, its audit guys at CAG would hang entire staff of DRDO for wasting public money without GSQR.

sunnyv

Ambassador
Country flag
DK you have no idea what you are saying, India already has manortable missile made in licence by BEL, Nag manport is not made because stupid army never issued GSQR, no GSQR means for small projects no funding, which means if drdo make it on its own, its audit guys at CAG would hang entire staff of DRDO for wasting public money without GSQR.
Wrong to blame it on army , infact it was pressure and lobbying from BDL and Raksha mantri that makes army look stupid .

GS branch did formulate GSQR in time after OP Parakram , for Manport ATGM with spec range of more than 2000M and tandem warheads .
But Milan2T and Russian ATGM were forced down the throat to keep defence PSU running and get them a return profit , which in turn resulted in diluting the GSQR originally formulated by army . Infact MIlan2T still dosen't meets the QR of 2003 wrt ange .

http://www.cag.gov.in/html/reports/defence/2010-11_12DS/chap2.pdf

People in HQ/GS Br know any new GSQR , will again result in standoff with MoD+BDL and inferior quality ATGM will be pushed again for army .

Livefist: Under Pressure From BDL-MBDA, Indian Army Procured Inferior Milan ATGMs

Pokemon

No Cut in Javelin Sales to India: Panetta

Allaying doubts over the sale of Javelin anti-tank missile to India, US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta Wednesday said the US is "committed" to providing the weapon to India.
Panetta was clarifying the doubts over the reports which suggested that the US has drastically scaled down the number of the new generation missile to be sold to India, putting the entire deal into question.
"We have not cut the quantity... I want to reassure that we are committed to the sale of Javelin to India and are working closely not only for that but other (military) sales that will help in increasing (Indian) capability," he said.
Panetta said US Defence sales to India have crossed 8 billion mark over the past decade but the two sides must now mature from the current "buyer-seller" relationship to co-production and "high-technology joint research and development".
He also said the US is working to streamline its bureaucratic processes to facilitate military sales to India. "I have asked my deputy secretary Ash Carter to lead an effort at the Pentagon to engage with Indian leaders on a new initiative to streamline our bureaucratic processes and make our defense trade more simple, responsive, and effective," he said.
Facing criticism for curbing sale and development of high-end Defence technology, Panetta said the US is working to tweak its export control laws. He, however, also called on India to initiate reforms.
Source

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles