Trying to buy an AC

praneet.bajpaie

Hi Guys,

Since I am a be Indian, buy Indian kinda guy (lol), I am trying to buy an AC from an Indian company.

1.5 Ton Split AC (preferably BlueStar) with Inverter technology. Can anyone help me out here with some advice.

Thanks

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Bluestar is good, but please consider Voltas also. I have good experience with Voltas. Even I am a "be Indian, buy Indian" guy, and I bought two Voltas ACs 2 years back. After-sales service has been good.

By the way, I am sure you know this, but for everyone's information: when we speak of "be Indian, buy Indian", it is critical that the manufacturing should be in India. Even a foreign company is ok if they manufacture in India. And an Indian company like Reliance air conditioners is NOT OK because they import from China and put their sticker on the AC.

praneet.bajpaie

Bluestar is good, but please consider Voltas also. I have good experience with Voltas. Even I am a "be Indian, buy Indian" guy, and I bought two Voltas ACs 2 years back. After-sales service has been good.

By the way, I am sure you know this, but for everyone's information: when we speak of "be Indian, buy Indian", it is critical that the manufacturing should be in India. Even a foreign company is ok if they manufacture in India. And an Indian company like Reliance air conditioners is NOT OK because they import from China and put their sticker on the AC.
Blue Star manufactures in India. I know about that. Doesn't Voltas use Samsung compressors in their products?

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
IMO get a Daikin Inverter AC

AFAIK even Voltas uses Chinese compressors

Reactions: sob

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I would recommend Voltas ..

It works fine, I also have a carrier it too works fine ..

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Daikin expensive. Voltas not that cheap. Samsung cheap.

I have a Voltas in office. I have had water leakage problem that they just didn't rectify and line with this AC. My cousins use Voltas and have no problem. Guess I wasn't lucky.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Hi Guys,

Since I am a be Indian, buy Indian kinda guy (lol), I am trying to buy an AC from an Indian company.

1.5 Ton Split AC (preferably BlueStar) with Inverter technology. Can anyone help me out here with some advice.

Thanks
If you like to buy Indian then go for TATA Voltas since it's a good one both in terms of money and value.

I like to buy Indian stuff too and we have 3 Voltas AC's.

p2prada

Daikin is way ahead of other ACs. Got one last year and am a big fan.
Buy Indian. Be Indian. Maybe Japanese import lobby paid you to buy their stuff. :p

Daikin is a good choice. The only downside is it is expensive, but well worth the money.

Reactions: sob

praneet.bajpaie

Thanks guys for all the replies. Helped me immensely. Daikin foe me is out of the question @sob cause it's too expensive.

Same for carrier @Kunal Biswas.

I'll flip a coin between Blue Star and Voltas (although the latter does not seem to have ACs that have inverter technology).

Last edited by a moderator:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Hi Guys,

Thanks

BlueStar's much better , especially if you can find a Taiwan built machine , significantly better then the locally made ones ,

I guess they are easier to find if u are looking for a 2 Ton machine.
I own one , its one of the best .
Only thing better is an iGeneral A.C.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
and yeah ....Hitachi's good too.

Edit:
Didnt note that you were looking for something Indian .. ... but there you are, That's my honest opinion.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I thought this was about aircraft carrier. Never mind.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Go for a carrier ac.We have been using one for a long time without problems.

praneet.bajpaie

If you like to buy Indian then go for TATA Voltas since it's a good one both in terms of money and value.

I like to buy Indian stuff too and we have 3 Voltas AC's
Gift 1 to me man. Then I can save some dough, lol

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles