The Brave Warrior - Prithviraj Chauhan - 1149-1192 AD

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Mahabharata and Ramayana may have exceptions but general tone was to follow war ethics. Ram did not mutilate corpse of Ravana but respectfully ordered Vibhisana to cremate it saying" enemity ends with body". The case of Bali was rare because of boon.
Well yes i was responding to the thing about night attacks.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Brother I agree with you.But what could he do.Indian armies at that time periodlacked a proper cavalry component(unlike Turks or Arabs or French).Even if he had killed Ghori there would have been another one like Ghori in his place.Prithviraj tried his best and became a martyr.
PC tried his best by leaving a adamant enemy alive?????? :crazy::crazy::crazy: A real warrior is the one who thinks about killing the enemy and not become just a martyr. He became a martyr because of his stupidity of forgiveness and that too 16 times!!!!!! :dude:

What PC did was opening the floodgates of Moguls since PC was perhaps the biggest and strongest guy in India at that time.

Gauri SHOULD have been killed in the first war he lost against PC and it was nothing but a plain stupidity and idiotic strategy of "forgiveness" which PC followed.Defeat and killing of Gauri would have sent a strong message to his likes back in that there are brave as well as intelligent warriors in India.PC was capable enough to create TERROR among Moguls not to eye on Hindustan.

But PC sent a soft image of a foolish warrior to enemies that "Hey let's attack Hindustan and at most we would be defeated but come back alive as there is a kind heated foolish warriors in India".

Whereas Moguls followed a simple strategy of decapitating their enemies and making sure their enemies have no second chance and it spread terror among the masses.

Even today this FOOLISHNESS of FORGIVENESS is followed by India. :tsk:

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
PC tried his best by leaving a adamant enemy alive?????? :crazy::crazy::crazy: A real warrior is the one who thinks about killing the enemy and not become just a martyr. He became a martyr because of his stupidity of forgiveness and that too 16 times!!!!!! :dude:

What PC did was opening the floodgates of Moguls since PC was perhaps the biggest and strongest guy in India at that time.

Gauri SHOULD have been killed in the first war he lost against PC and it was nothing but a plain stupidity and idiotic strategy of "forgiveness" which PC followed.Defeat and killing of Gauri would have sent a strong message to his likes back in that there are brave as well as intelligent warriors in India.PC was capable enough to create TERROR among Moguls not to eye on Hindustan.

But PC sent a soft image of a foolish warrior to enemies that "Hey let's attack Hindustan and at most we would be defeated but come back alive as there is a kind heated foolish warriors in India".

Whereas Moguls followed a simple strategy of decapitating their enemies and making sure their enemies have no second chance and it spread terror among the masses.

Even today this FOOLISHNESS of FORGIVENESS is followed by India. :tsk:
Not sure if he left Ghori alive 16 times

Haman10

There is no use of harsh words as I can be more harsher...

Al Baruni or Firdoshi as poets without any evidence of their existence can be great historical evidences..

But not Chand Bardai.... how stupid soch...
sorry bro , but waaat ?

there is no evidence of their existance ?! are you kidding me mate ?

Abū Rayḥān al-Bīrūnī - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ferdowsi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Abu ʾl-Qasim Ferdowsi (940 – 1020 CE) was the highly revered Persian poet of the Ghaznavid court who authored the monumental Shahnameh - the Persian "Book of Kings" - which is the world's longest epic poetry created by a single poet and the national epic of the Persian-speaking world. He is considered the national poet of Iran and is celebrated as one of the most influential Persian poets of all time.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
In Hindu Folklore, the death of Mu'izz was caused by Prithviraj [27] but which is not borne out by historical documents.[28][29][30] This is described in the article Prithviraj Raso. Even today Afghans vent their anger by stabbing on the grave of Prithviraj Chauhan, as according to them, Prithviraj had killed Mu'izz.[31][32] Sher Singh Rana, a member of Rajput community, visited Afghanistan to trace the grave of Prithviraj Chauhan. He dug Chauhan's "grave" and collected sand from it. This incident created sensation in Indian news and public media – as he said he did it to get back India's pride & respect.[33][34]

Mu'izz al-Din Muhammad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I ask why do afghans curse and sub the grave of Prithviraj Chauhan even today....

Whatever we know of the history of medieval period is largely through the Court historians of the Muslim rulers. You understand what a court historians will write. The court historian will write Ghori defeated the Army of 60.000 elephants and 500000000 Rajputs. He is being paid to write the untruth.

Why should he write that Ghori was killed by Prithviraj? He would save the honor of his master and write that he was ambushed by Khokhars, the Muslim enemies of Ghori..

Similarly, Chandvardai was also the court bard of Prithaviraj .. so one can take him or lump him as per preferences...

shinoj

Tihar Jail
Banned

Haman10

I think he meant that Biruni and Ferdousi can be taken as a Reliable Quote in General History but why is Chand Bardoi not taken as a Reliable Source.

He has a Point.
sorry mate , but i dont follow .

i thought chand baori is a place !! is he a person ? a poet ?

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Perhaps Gauri and PC didn't exist at all... all history is fake.
No Ghori was beaten by PC (Ist battle of Tarain)but well "history" tells us that PC defeated Ghori only once(PC was defeated by Ghori in 2nd battle of Tarain).But of course you are free to believe in whatever you like.:wave:

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
sorry mate , but i dont follow .

i thought chand baori is a place !! is he a person ? a poet ?
A poet .He wrote "Prithviraj Raso".However even our Indian historians find it to be inauthentic .As for me I do not know if his poem detailing Chauhan`s life which includes a tale about a blind Prithviraj shooting an arrow with pin point accuracy into Ghoris heart is true or not.I would not pass any judgement on his work.:amen:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
No Ghori was beaten by PC (Ist battle of Tarain)but well "history" tells us that PC defeated Ghori only once(PC was defeated by Ghori in 2nd battle of Tarain).But of course you are free to believe in whatever you like.:wave:
Actually YOU are believing whatever you like since you were there and saw everything. :lol: :wave:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Actually YOU are believing whatever you like since you were there and saw everything. :lol: :wave:
No I believe in what history has been taught to us by teachers who followed books written by reputed historians in school.Well I am in engineering and maybe my historical knowledge is not very good. I can guarantee you that I am not believing whatever I like as I was there and saw everything that happened during the times of Prithviraj.

Well rock127 please do not give me any more of your "people`s elbow"wrestling man-oeuvres :scared2:.Lets stop arguing.The fact that Pritnviraj was a great,chivalrous warrior who became a martyr for our country is a thing both you and I will agree on.So lets stop our talk there.

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
No I believe in what history has been taught to us by teachers who followed books written by reputed historians in school.Well I am in engineering and maybe my historical knowledge is not very good. I can guarantee you that I am not believing whatever I like as I was there and saw everything that happened during the times of Prithviraj.

Well rock127 please do not give me any more of your "people`s elbow"wrestling man-oeuvres :scared2:.Lets stop arguing.The fact that Pritnviraj was a great,chivalrous warrior who became a martyr for our country is a thing both you and I will agree on.So lets stop our talk there.
Bravery SHOULD be complemented by vision and strategy but PC didn't and thought in Gandhigiri and see what it resulted in.

I never like foolish brave people.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Bravery SHOULD be complemented by vision and strategy but PC didn't and thought in Gandhigiri and see what it resulted in.

I never like foolish brave people.
Look we cannot judge people so easily.First of all people think Prithviraj was foolish because he pardoned Ghori .This is wrong as Ghori was injured in battle(ist battle of Tarain) and was taken away from the battlefield.Now thats history my firend.Ghori fled and PC could not catch him.The Arab,Persian horses were the swiftest cavalry in the world back then.

However some people wanting to glorify Prithviraj created the myth that PC captured Ghori and pardoned him.They thought that creating a kahaani(myth) would make PC look more noble to us.But sadly it seems they were quite idiotic.People (I am not only saying you) think that PC was a stupid fool who left Ghori alive despite capturing him 1000 ...16 times whatever.They are forgetting that PC was a brave man.So its my advise to you that read some decent books on the battles of tarain where you will find what had happened to Pritviraj and Ghori.Also I ask you to respect Pritviraj.Atleast he was not a traitor and fought with his life for our country.:salute:

(Well your post shows how creating a false tale of glory can sometimes backfire.)

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Look we cannot judge people so easily.First of all people think Prithviraj was foolish because he pardoned Ghori .This is wrong as Ghori was injured in battle(ist battle of Tarain) and was taken away from the battlefield.Now thats history my firend.Ghori fled and PC could not catch him.The Arab,Persian horses were the swiftest cavalry in the world back then.

However some people wanting to glorify Prithviraj created the myth that PC captured Ghori and pardoned him.They thought that creating a kahaani(myth) would make PC look more noble to us.But sadly it seems they were quite idiotic.People (I am not only saying you) think that PC was a stupid fool who left Ghori alive despite capturing him 1000 ...16 times whatever.They are forgetting that PC was a brave man.So its my advise to you that read some decent books on the battles of tarain where you will find what had happened to Pritviraj and Ghori.Also I ask you to respect Pritviraj.Atleast he was not a traitor and fought with his life for our country.:salute:

(Well your post shows how creating a false tale of glory can sometimes backfire.)
Actually YOU are falsifying all the facts to prove he was so brave and all that.

Now I am not calling you an idiot but just that you need to stay factful and not create a history of your own which you like to believe since you like to prove foolish warriors as brave.:lol:

Would advice you to keep a distance between bravery and foolishness and not falsify the history. :lol:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Actually YOU are falsifying all the facts to prove he was so brave and all that.

Now I am not calling you an idiot but just that you need to stay factful and not create a history of your own which you like to believe since you like to prove foolish warriors as brave.:lol:

Would advice you to keep a distance between bravery and foolishness and not falsify the history. :lol: :wave:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Would advice you to keep a distance between bravery and foolishness and not falsify the history. :lol:
Too much personal attacks by you on me(or would I call that people`s elbows :laugh:).Well mate I am not falsifying history.Why dont you read a few decent history books?Also please do quote me a historical book where it says Prithviraj left Ghori alive 16 times.I would really like to read that book.(the wikipedia page has issues so please dont quote that)
Hope you give me a link to that book.:wave:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Indian historical knowledge, by and large, has been derived, at
least until recent decades, from the writings and accounts left by
foreigners. This applies equally to our knowledge about the
status of Indian education over the past five centuries. The
universities of Taxila and Nalanda, and a few others until
recently have been better known and written about primarily
because they had been described centuries ago by some Greek
or Chinese traveller, who happened to keep a journal which had
survived, or had communicated such information to his
compatriots who passed it down to our times.

Travellers and adventurers of a new kind began to wander
around parts of India from about 1500 A.D., and more so from
about the close of the 16th century. Since for centuries the areas
they came from had had no direct links with India, and as they
had come from wholly different climates and societies, to them
most aspects of India—its manners, religions, philosophies,
ancient and contemporary architecture, wealth, learning, and
even its educational methods—were something quite different
from their own backgrounds, assumptions and experience.

Simple_Guy

Prithi Raj (also called Prithvi Raj or Rai Pithora), who was born 1159 and killed in 1192, was the Chauhan ruler of Ajmer and Delhi at the time of the battles of Tarain, in the second of which he was captured and afterwards slain. He was a great patron of literature, and besides Ananya Das, mentioned above, his court was also attended by the famous bard Chand Bardai. Chand Bardai belonged to an old family of bards, and the famous poet Sur Das is said by some to have been one of his descendants. He came to the court of Prithi Raj and was appointed as his minister and poet-laureate.

His poetical works were collected by Amar Singh of Mewar in the seventeenth century, and it is probable that they were then recast and partially modernized though still full of archaic language.
SO this could be the reason why the Prithviraj Raso has so many mistakes.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles