The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Do you think God exists?

• Total voters

Sourav Kumar

Mind that changes every moment is supposed to produce Bliss by generating thoughts. What a reasoning! :hmm:

AnantS

Country flag
Only way of convincing changes, mild or harsh coz no one's sitting there in sky to help me at least.
Unless you are firm believer in one of Abrahmic religions, its unwise to expect help from sky. UNless you are willing and able no help is going to come. as Dharmic Panths has similar theme running, change has to come within- one has to become "Swami". And in order to do that you have kill idle "thought" threads running in your mind and hogging your attention.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
And in order to do that you have kill idle "thought" threads running in your mind and hogging your attention.
In that is the code, I won't be doing anything wrong I try to hold fruitless activities ongoing before delievry is ensured.

AnantS

Country flag
In that is the code, I won't be doing anything wrong I try to hold fruitless activities ongoing before delievry is ensured.
Question is if the thoughts are killed, it does not kill you- then who are you? If you point me to your body- all I see billions of microorganisms collectively living together in galaxy called Indx TechStyle. They will be perfectly fine even if they break away from this "galaxy" and find suitable conditions to thrive even on petri dish in a lab. So what constitutes Indx TechStyle? Thoughts you would say? If you try to kill thoughts or even remain free from them even for a moment- you wont die.

And the quest to find origin of "you" or "I" is fundamental basis of Dharmic panths. Its the different conclusions or paths took to reach same conclusion lead to different Panths.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Question is if the thoughts are killed, it does not kill you- then who are you? If you point me to your body- all I see billions of microorganisms collectively living together in galaxy called Indx TechStyle. They will be perfectly fine even if they break away from this "galaxy" and find suitable conditions to thrive even on petri dish in a lab. So what constitutes Indx TechStyle? Thoughts you would say? If you try to kill thoughts or even remain free from them even for a moment- you wont die.

And the quest to find origin of "you" or "I" is fundamental basis of Dharmic panths. Its the different conclusions or paths took to reach same conclusion lead to different Panths.
After experiencing all states of "me" I could define as unconsciousness, subconsciousness, consciousness and self consciousness of being in coma after accident to my self introspections & thought experiments of relating others, I find the computer inside my head not only operated by something in head but everything in my body.

Only philosophical conquest I have been with that why I'm able to manipulate things, decide, execute or cancel or just I'm not but things around me are too.
I'm alive for my family, my National Pride, beauty, suspenses hiding there far away in future, far away from my table and for the answer why I'm alive for them.
The day I get answer of the question, I will commit suicide.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
After experiencing all states of "me" I could define as unconsciousness, subconsciousness, consciousness and self consciousness of being in coma after accident to my self introspections & thought experiments of relating others, I find the computer inside my head not only operated by something in head but everything in my body.
Self consciousness is nothing but enlightenment or knowledge of the self. There are three levels in which mind operates. Consciousness. I.e when we are aware of our surroundings and able to operate our body functions. Unconsciousness or the sleep state. The third one Subconsciousness resides in between. It can be invoked only with meditation. That s what our Gurus used to do in ancient times. I have myself experienced another person controlling my hand gestures under meditation state. Meditation unlocks the power of the mind. Something shown in a crude manner in the movie Lucy. All the knowledge abt human body, geometry, astronomy etc our saints gathered in the ancient times were due to meditation only. Its rather intriguing that most of the scientific knowledge was gathered by sages/ saints in Indian culture. While the western thought keeps science and religion separate. Many so called miracles are achievable through meditation. And meditation leads to the point where one becomes self aware or enlightenment where the person becomes an image of God himself.

Icarus

Country flag
First of all, people should stop making distinctions between Abrahamic god and hindu god. Only in advaita all is god. But in dvaita and other dualistic schools, there is a separate God (Vishnu), just like there is a separate Abrahamic god in the bible.

So there are many similarities between Abrahamic concept of one God and Vaishnava/dualistic tradition of One god, namely Vishnu.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
First of all, people should stop making distinctions between Abrahamic god and hindu god. Only in advaita all is god. But in dvaita and other dualistic schools, there is a separate God (Vishnu), just like there is a separate Abrahamic god in the bible.

So there are many similarities between Abrahamic concept of one God and Vaishnava/dualistic tradition of One god, namely Vishnu.
Wrong analogy. Vishnu Himself has many incarnations/ forms. People can choose whom to worship. But the major difference is that a Vishnu worshipper does not look down upon a Shiva worshipper or vice versa. There is no conflict between the various forms worshipped by people. There are many Gods and all of them are equally acceptable in Hinduism. But in abrahamic religions there is only one God, others are not to be recognised/ accepted.

Icarus

Country flag
Wrong analogy. Vishnu Himself has many incarnations/ forms. People can choose whom to worship. But the major difference is that a Vishnu worshipper does not look down upon a Shiva worshipper or vice versa. There is no conflict between the various forms worshipped by people. There are many Gods and all of them are equally acceptable in Hinduism. But in abrahamic religions there is only one God, others are not to be recognised/ accepted.
Agreed. In dvaita, Vishnu alone is the supreme god whereas shiva etc. are subordinate to him. In shaivism, it's the other way round. Shiva is supreme and vishnu is subordinate to him.

dhananjay1

Wrong abdool. Abrahamic "god" is a hateful monstrosity that hates anyone who isn't his slave. Abrahamic god is not god at all but a Rakshasa.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
All the folks here how much does God affect your daily life

Advaidhya Tiwari

Abdul, that is retarded concept developed recently. There was no separation of Vishnu and Shiva in 100BC. These things only cane after 600AD. Degeneration is not dharma.

Also, Abrahmic god only accepts slaves who follows without questioning.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926