Sri Lanka Air Force to buy FC-1

datguy79

Why do Chinese-made planes generally look bulky? Any advantage?

abingdonboy

Country flag
6 whole planes??! The IAF needn't worry about going to the effort of drawing up long and complex contingencies of a war with SL, if it ever comes to it send down a single MKI, it will return 10 mins later unscathed, enemy AF neutralized,- problem solved! I didn't realise SL was this hard up for cash! This is a, what, sub- $100 million deal?!!

bose

Country flag
I think Sri Lanka wants to send a message across to India... Just like they did in 1971 while siding with pakistan & USA.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I think Sri Lanka wants to send a message across to India... Just like they did in 1971 while siding with pakistan & USA.
Let them do what they like, they are as much of a threat to the India of today or tommorow as the Saychelles, 2012 is not 1971.

bose

Country flag
Let them do what they like, they are as much of a threat to the India of today or tommorow as the Saychelles, 2012 is not 1971.
They will never be a threat to India, even in future... They are inviting enemies near to our sea shore... India should treat it as a un friedly act... Need a respose back to them...

HeinzGud

Country flag
6 whole planes??! The IAF needn't worry about going to the effort of drawing up long and complex contingencies of a war with SL, if it ever comes to it send down a single MKI, it will return 10 mins later unscathed, enemy AF neutralized,- problem solved! I didn't realise SL was this hard up for cash! This is a, what, sub- $100 million deal?!!
We are still a developing nation you know. BTW SLAF is not about go dog fight with IAF. We need a good replacement for the kfirs.

Country flag
We are still a developing nation you know. BTW SLAF is not about go dog fight with IAF. We need a good replacement for the kfirs.
Mirage would have been a better choice or another battle tested plane this is an unknown possible
lemon.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
reminds me of french rafale

though india selected it because of being most cheapest in price and full TOT

bt rich arab countries always prefer quality.hence UAE recently backed off from rafale deal
India did select it winning the biggest and most contested contract in history. Arabs and Brasilians are just waiting for the dotted lines to make it the most successful 4.5 gen export. JF-17 has nothing to show.

bose

Country flag
very True on the bolded part...

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
A $150,000 missile evaporating a 20 million dollar plane- still cost effective.
JFT itself cost about 40millions for PAF....how can PAF sell them at 20millions

even just the manufacturing cost would be close to 30millions.

Country flag
JFT itself cost about 40millions for PAF....how can PAF sell them at 20millions

even just the manufacturing cost would be close to 30millions.
For this price much better battle tested fighters can be bought.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles