Sri Lanka Air Force to buy FC-1

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
War in Afghanistan - 1980-88

During the Afghan war in the eighties, PAF had to keep a constant vigil on its western border. Despite the fact that PAF was not allowed hot pursuit into Afghanistan, the pilots and the ground controllers together managed to shoot down eight Soviet/Afghan aircraft without a single own loss.

During 1981-88, Pakistan experienced about 2000 air intrusions by Afghan/ Soviet forces. It shot down 8 Afghan/Soviet aircraft over the years and suffered one loss while chasing the intruders,albeit to its own shooting down of an F-16. This war helped Pakistan to acquire the latest F-16 aircraft from U.S.A and modernise its air-defence system. During the Afghan war, PAF flew a total of 10,939 sorties and logged 13,275 hours. On 17 May, 1986 Squadron Leader A Hameed Qadri of No 9 Multi Role F-16s' Squadron watching the SU-22 which, being hit by his AIM-9L missile, has turned into a ball of fire. The encounter took place at 16,000 feet over Parachinar, during the Afghan War, 1979-1988.

Pakistan Air Force Combat Experience

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
And as I also told you before, come back and talk when such a deal actually happens! As of now, it's just a bunch of horsepukey and day dreaming. So we know there was an interest expressed 2 years ago, nothing more since than. If you want to take mere 'expression of interest' as a bar to gloat over weapons purchases, than the HAL Dhruv probably wipes the slate clean with Malaysia, Indonesia, Bolivia, Turkey, Israel, and a whole list of South American and African countries expressing interest to buy the Dhruv. But, until the dotted line is signed, such 'expressions of interest' mean diddlysquat.
Negotiation for local production is beyond interest.
the word "negotiation" is beyond interest level..
I don't just go by interest otherwise more than a dozen countries has shown interest in JFT.

but again as i said look for the deal to be signed beyond 2015

Tronic

War in Afghanistan - 1980-88

During the Afghan war in the eighties, PAF had to keep a constant vigil on its western border. Despite the fact that PAF was not allowed hot pursuit into Afghanistan, the pilots and the ground controllers together managed to shoot down eight Soviet/Afghan aircraft without a single own loss.

During 1981-88, Pakistan experienced about 2000 air intrusions by Afghan/ Soviet forces. It shot down 8 Afghan/Soviet aircraft over the years and suffered one loss while chasing the intruders,albeit to its own shooting down of an F-16. This war helped Pakistan to acquire the latest F-16 aircraft from U.S.A and modernise its air-defence system. During the Afghan war, PAF flew a total of 10,939 sorties and logged 13,275 hours. On 17 May, 1986 Squadron Leader A Hameed Qadri of No 9 Multi Role F-16s' Squadron watching the SU-22 which, being hit by his AIM-9L missile, has turned into a ball of fire. The encounter took place at 16,000 feet over Parachinar, during the Afghan War, 1979-1988.

Pakistan Air Force Combat Experience
So basically, the PAF was scared of their F-16s being shot down by a bunch of Su-22s, Su-25s, and Mig-23s?? :lol: None of those airplanes are actually full-fighter aircraft and all of them are ground strike which weren't even armed for air-to-air combat.

Now, here's the funny thing. The Pakistanis actually lost an F-16 trying to take down the Mig-23s, and at first, everyone had actually thought the Mig-23s had shot down the Pakistani F-16 (even the Americans thought the Soviets shot it down: Afghanistan Says It Downed F16 Fighter From Pakistan;U.S. Officials Say Soviet Pilots Involved - The Washington Post | HighBeam Research, and here's one from the NYT: AFGHANS DOWN A PAKISTANI F-16, SAYING FIGHTER JET CROSSED BORDER - NYTimes.com).

Now, the Pakistanis claim that the squadron shot down it's own F-16 as one of the pilots probably got scared seeing the Soviet aircraft and fired off his sidewinder forgetting that his buddy was flying right in front of him!! Even if we accept this, since the Mig-23s weren't even armed with any air-to-air missiles and had to rely on their guns, it still doesn't look good for the PAF any way you look at it.

In all, this gloating over shooting down a bunch of air-to-ground stray planes which accidentally drifted into Pakistani airspace really means squat all and if we look at the type of planes shot and the loss of the F-16 to alleged blue-on-blue, the PAFs performance doesn't really leave much to be proud of. Any air force in the world could've done what the PAF did, and maybe even more professionally (by avoiding shooting down their own airplane :rolleyes:).

Tronic

Negotiation for local production is beyond interest.
the word "negotiation" is beyond interest level..
I don't just go by interest otherwise more than a dozen countries has shown interest in JFT.

but again as i said look for the deal to be signed beyond 2015
Here we go again... I don't see any "negotiations", and you have yet to prove it to me. 2+ years and they're still "negotiating". What BS!

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
First try to sell Jf-17 to Pop corn Vendor im sure he will not give more than two pack of pop corn ;)

regarding shooting down Soviet aircraft , may be your pilots were more drunk and dreamed a lot where they shot down soviet aircraft suddenly scorpion might have stung him , not able to bare the pain he might have spread this rumour

No one can beat Pakis in self proclaiming they are the best . Keep dreaming of shooting down Russian, American , European aircraft . First shoot down Drone then

You bombed and destroy aircraft in ground in 1965 & 1971 then u say all were shot down in combat , only insane people can trust your words

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
So basically, the PAF was scared of their F-16s being shot down by a bunch of Su-22s, Su-25s, and Mig-23s?? :lol: None of those airplanes are actually full-fighter aircraft and all of them are ground strike which weren't even armed for air-to-air combat.

Now, here's the funny thing. The Pakistanis actually lost an F-16 trying to take down the Mig-23s, and at first, everyone had actually thought the Mig-23s had shot down the Pakistani F-16 (even the Americans thought the Soviets shot it down: Afghanistan Says It Downed F16 Fighter From Pakistan;U.S. Officials Say Soviet Pilots Involved - The Washington Post | HighBeam Research, and here's one from the NYT: AFGHANS DOWN A PAKISTANI F-16, SAYING FIGHTER JET CROSSED BORDER - NYTimes.com).

Now, the Pakistanis claim that the squadron shot down it's own F-16 as one of the pilots probably got scared seeing the Soviet aircraft and fired off his sidewinder forgetting that his buddy was flying right in front of him!! Even if we accept this, since the Mig-23s weren't even armed with any air-to-air missiles and had to rely on their guns, it still doesn't look good for the PAF any way you look at it.

In all, this gloating over shooting down a bunch of air-to-ground stray planes which accidentally drifted into Pakistani airspace really means squat all and if we look at the type of planes shot and the loss of the F-16 to alleged blue-on-blue, the PAFs performance doesn't really leave much to be proud of. Any air force in the world could've done what the PAF did, and maybe even more professionally (by avoiding shooting down their own airplane :rolleyes:).
Well no.friendly fire is common around the world

they crossed pak airspace and we had to shot it down

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Here we go again... I don't see any "negotiations", and you have yet to prove it to me. 2+ years and they're still "negotiating". What BS!
from the same link

Cairo is in talks with Pakistan to begin joint production of JF-17 Thunder combat aircraft, Jane's understands from Egyptian defence industry sources.
i told you again its been only 2 years and egypt has also been under turmoil for the past 1 year.

local production itself speaks of a big order as janes suggested to be atleast for 48 jft.

negotiation takes time..decades in india..so it should atleast take 5 years for egypt

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
next argument which will come from them is that right now we want to finish order of PDF only then it will be exported to others........ and this will go on and on. :rofl:

Tronic

Well no.friendly fire is common around the world

they crossed pak airspace and we had to shot it down
Friendly fire may be common but blasting your own wingman out of the sky is not!

from the same link

i told you again its been only 2 years and egypt has also been under turmoil for the past 1 year.

local production itself speaks of a big order as janes suggested to be atleast for 48 jft.

negotiation takes time..decades in india..so it should atleast take 5 years for egypt
Than talk when your "negotiations" are complete. Until than, stick with what is, rather than what you think will be.

As for India, you cannot even compare; Indian bidding process is open at each and every step, and even if it takes decades, every stage of the negotiation is known. From the RFIs, to RFPs, to RFQs, to all the open tenders, everything is known. You have nothing to show for any such "negotiations" between Pak and Egypt, so let's discard the nonsense until you can prove it, or something goes through. Until than, you bring nothing of substance here.

Last edited:

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
from the same link

Bhai saab MMRCA is class apart competation , one should need only 5 mins to select JF-17 5 years is not required

aging for christ sake don't argue JF-17 is better than Rafale :mad:

Popthepuff

Bhai saab MMRCA is class apart competation , one should need only 5 mins to select JF-17 5 years is not required

aging for christ sake don't argue JF-17 is better than Rafale :mad:
Actually, the newspapers were overreacting as usual, the SLAF just announced that they are considering the purchase of more than 5 JF-17's to add to the air fleet, the real info on the sl military equipment purchases will only come out sometime in the middle of this year.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles