Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndiaRising

Country flag
Recoveries from the Jihadi Pigs killed yesterday in Tangdhar Sector
View attachment 25211 View attachment 25212 View attachment 25213 View attachment 25214
looking at the various equipment, it seems to be a highly trained group of jehadis who were probably planning a nagrota type attack. this is not the usual HM or JeM jihadis that are given peanuts to blow themselves up. they have to be either Pak regulars or retired Pak regulars. it speaks volumes of Indian Army's training that RR is able to eliminate these rats so quickly. It also speaks volumes of how desperate Pakis are to strike in JK. there will come a time when they will have no option but to rely on Paki regulars like LCB and SSG for these operations.

Last edited:

mayfair

I wonder what is the status of the shelters that were supposed to be build along IB/LoC for people to take shelter from Shitistani firing.

Our people are suffering and forced to move away. Shouldn't the process be speeded up?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I wonder what is the status of the shelters that were supposed to be build along IB/LoC for people to take shelter from Shitistani firing.

Our people are suffering and forced to move away. Shouldn't the process be speeded up?
Even if bomb shelters are there, they will have to be moved out of range.

They can be only temp shelters to duck from shelling in the vicinity.

Brood Father

Country flag
Ghanta ceasefire .. As if we don't know given a first chance Pakistani will again start shelling

sorcerer

Country flag
619 militants killed in 4 years in J&K: Rajnath Singh
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said a total of 619 terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir had been killed in gun battles with security forces as he highlighted the all-round improvement in internal and external security under the Narendra Modi government.

He also clarified that the operations against militants had not been stopped during the holy month of Ramadan but had just been suspended. “It is not ceasefire but a temporary suspension of operations,” he said, adding that the army is free to respond to any terrorist attack.

Addressing media persons here, the senior BJP leader said the number of terrorists killed in the previous UPA-II government was 471.

“There has been no compromise on the unity and integrity of the nation and we are proactively pursuing operations against the terrorist groups and subversive elements,” Singh added, but did not respond to a query on how many security personnel were killed in this period.

He however said that respecting the supreme sacrifice of the security personnel in the line of duty for the nation, the Union Government had scaled uo the ex-gratia sum from Rs 50 lakh to Rs one crore for their families.

Rajnath Singh also said that incursions had also decreased during the four years of the Modi government and it had come down by 85 per cent in the northeast.

Compared to a high of 2,418 Maoist incidents under the UPA regime, only 1,481 incidents have taken place in the NDA rule, he said. “In 2013, Maoists were active in 76 districts but there area of influence and operations has shrunk to 58 districts in the last four years,” he added.

He also said that to secure the country’s boundaries, a new border security system was being started under which LED lights would be installed along with new technique radars on the borders.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...-in-jk-rajnath-singh/articleshow/64372160.cms

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
china going ahead with diverting water from tsangpo river to east turkestan ...... how is that relevant to loc ? ... "experts" say that the area near loc is earthquake prone and if the tunnel collapses or breaks then the floods could wipe out parts of the assam area by virtue of severe flooding

CC to
BSF retaliates to cfv, porky watchtower up in flamEDIA]
Makes nasthan ann.
Anything I should know about Lt. Gen Devraj Anbu ?
[M
pay them in same tactic.
looking at the vare will come a time wtions.
Isnt 20 JAT in EES right?
I wonderp?
DGMO after phone cnge"
Even if bo vicinity.
They have suai... Jai Ho....
Looks lik 25th July,
......................................................................................
View attachment 25331

http://indianexpress.com/article/op...-mufti-digvijaya-singh-narendra-modi-5192528/
Ghanta ceasefire .. As if we don't know given a first chance Pakistani will again start shelling
619 milite previous UPA-II government was 471.

“T

2160.cms
[MEDI.........................................
addenda :-

Tsangpo river won't have that much strong effect in Brahmaputra if diverted.
my reference is the horrendous effect is the opinion of expert from IIT Roorkee ..distinguished expert
, but you are at liberty to tell him that you know better than him ....btw what are your qualifications relevant to this subject ?? best regards, R

Last edited:

NeXoft007

Country flag
china going ahead with diverting water from tsangpo river to east turkestan ...... how is that relevant to loc ? ... "experts" say that the area near loc is earthquake prone and if the tunnel collapses or breaks then the floods could wipe out parts of the assam area by virtue of severe flooding

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

CC to

addenda :-

my reference is the horrendous effect is the opinion of expert from IIT Roorkee ..distinguished expert
, but you are at liberty to tell him that you know better than him ....btw what are your qualifications relevant to this subject ?? best regards, R
Spend some time on google earth and try to locate these dams. Last time I checked these dams (being discussed) were on tributaries.

No major risk to us.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Yep. If I m not wrong most of Bramhaputra waters in India comes from Lohit river.

Tanmay

Country flag
Spend some time on google earth and try to locate these dams. Last time I checked these dams (being discussed) were on tributaries.

No major risk to us.
From what I read, Tributaries from China accounts for only 10% water to Brahmaputra.
Bhutan based tributaries account for 25% on other hand.
Also remember North East does receive heavy rainfall (Cherrapunji has wettest place record). So the catchment area in Bhutan and India does contribute in a major way to Brahmaputra.

Teesta which is a bone of contention between India and Bangladesh is another major tributary of Brahmaputra originating from Sikkim. Just reduce Bangladesh water supply and blame Chinese.

We have enough water. perhaps flooding can be a problem. Can be controlled though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles