Report on 'Army Movement' trashed, no breach of protocol

Bachchu Yadav

Your name, flag and comments appear to be out of sync.... or may be innocent !
Report to moderators if you found them misplaced.

Regarding being Indian, India is a very diverse country. Not all india speak with one voice that is the beauty and must be preserved.You should have courage to lift yourself from barrack mentality.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Karnad on the story.

Quote:

Fanciful coup détat story
Posted on April 4, 2012
It is a pity Indian Express ran with the potential coup détat story that to journalists may have seemed fleshy but that any professional militaryman or domain expert would have warned them was hollow. (It is always advisable, in the circumstances, to have some stalwart armymen respond to such stories before putting it in print.) The trouble is Shekhar Gupta has always fancied himself as someone knowledgeable on, and informed about, military matters, and it was perhaps too juicy a story for him as editor-in-chief to pass up by way of an albeit shared byline. In retrospect, he might wish he had left Ritu Sarin, who has over the years cultivated good sources in the intelligence agencies, to monopolize the (dis)credit. In military terms, the story was so much nonsense, and I said so and explained why to several highly-placed political persons from the opposition who called this morning to find out how much credibility was packed in this story. If a coup could be prosecuted so easily — with just two army units – in a vastly divided military system of command and control, there might have been many coups or at least coup attempts by now.

Having said that, however, there is no gainsaying the fact that the plausible sounding outlines of the report were likely onpassed to Sarin by her Intel contacts who, in turn, may have been prompted by some civil servants (with a nod and wink from a minister) to see whether it flies and even more if the radioactive dust settles on the COAS, General VK Singh. It hasn't, and the mud is now stuck on Shekhar Gupta's face and, perhaps, has considerably soiled his reputation.

Bachchu Yadav

You need to be sent to a school for "children with learning disabilities".
What about Agra ?

That army Chief filed a baseless case against government. and Government still tolerating him.

Thank god Antony is defence minister if it was Mulayam or Chautala , Chief would have playing Golf by this time.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
What about Agra ?

That army Chief filed a baseless case against government. and Government still tolerating him.

Thank god Antony is defence minister if it was Mulayam or Chautala , Chief would have playing Golf by this time.
And if I was moderator I would have politely advised you to shut up.... India is not Nazy Germany so far !

Bachchu Yadav

I think we have enough of you attention whoring..
Kaahe Fire hote hain biswas ji !

Kabir says
"
Nindak niyare rakhiye angan kuti chhabaye,
Bin paani bin Sabun bina nirmal kare suhaaye
"

It means it's wise to have critics in one's company.:p

Bachchu Yadav

And if I was moderator I would have politely advised you to shut up.... India is not Nazy Germany so far !
Dear Bhadra, I'm just giving other side of the story. Now please don't say these different voice do not exist in our Country.This forum should have true representation of India after all it is Indian forum not Samoan forum.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Dear Bhadra, I'm just giving other side of the story. Now please don't say these different voice do not exist in our Country.This forum should have true representation of India after all it is Indian forum not Samoan forum.
I am from Iceland.

Do speak in one voice and in a language that I can understand, please.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Kaahe Fire hote hain biswas ji !

Kabir says
"
Nindak niyare rakhiye angan kuti chhabaye,
Bin paani bin Sabun bina nirmal kare suhaaye
"

It means it's wise to have critics in one's company.:p
All wrong !

What brand of Sabun (Soap) was manufactured / made in times of Kabeer ? Did Kabir ever saw Saabun ?

Kabeer also said:

Eassi Baani Boliye Man Ka Aapaa khoya,
Auran ko Sheetal Kare Aafaon Sheetal Hoya..
You better follow that !

Oracle

You remind me of an esteemed member, kalkibhagwan. :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I find Bachhu has turned pink!

Someone has been kind to us!

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I find Bachhu has turned pink!

Someone has been kind to us!
Baachu means a Child and let him be accorded that treatment of love and care and not be harsh specially as he pleads for plurality and diversity of opinion.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
"So, you tell him (journalist) something juicy, it comes on front page and nobody even looks whether there is any truth in it. It is already done. So, you have already thrown muck on somebody. There are lots of people who are doing that and I don't know what their motives are," Gen Singh had said.
............. hmm..

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Arnab Goswami shouting on Times Now -

Isn't it strange? Isn't it strange? Isn't it strange? Isn't it strange that VK Singh knew about report 3 weeks ago?

I don't understand why its strange? VKS is a Chief of one of the most powerful armies in the world. He has various resources at his disposal which you, me or some journalist might not even know of their existence!

And so what if he knew about upcoming report? What was he supposed to do? Come out in public & tell them that IE or some journo is about to come up with a story putting suspicion on armed forces?

Last time I checked our Chiefs have no tradition of public speaking on petty motivated agendas.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Army Chief had warned of 'spook story' in March

And it gets more interesting.

---------------------

Army Chief had warned of 'spook story' in March
Press Trust of India | 05-Apr 19:02 PM
New Delhi: That there was some talk about the mid-January movement of two elite Army units towards the capital which had exercised Army Chief Gen V K Singh's mind is evident in an interview he had given to an English magazine in middle of March.
"Even, let us say one of our forces or divisions or brigades does exercise, somebody will say, oh! they did exercise. It was not an exercise, they wanted to do something else.
"Now you will make a story out of it. There are lots of people who want to make stories these days for various nefarious aims, if I can put it like that," he had told 'The Week' magazine during the interview on March 13.
He also said that "if somebody has got any doubt, they should come and face us. They won't because they know they are wrong".
In that interview he had also said that Army was doing a professional job but there were people both uniformed and not in uniform, some civil servants, who had their own axes to grind. They start feeding all kinds of wrong things, he said.
"So, you tell him (journalist) something juicy, it comes on front page and nobody even looks whether there is any truth in it. It is already done. So, you have already thrown muck on somebody. There are lots of people who are doing that and I don't know what their motives are," Gen Singh had said.
The Army Chief's comments in March assume significance against the backdrop of a report in the Indian Express on Wednesday that there was an unusual movement of a Mechanised Infantry unit from Hisar in Haryana and a sizeable section of 50 Para Brigade from Agra on the night of January 16-17 towards the capital.
The news report was described as "alarmist" by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh who had said that such reports should not be taken at face value while Defence Minister A K Antony had described it as "absolutely baseless".
http://m.ibnlive.com/news/army-chief-had-warned-of-spook-story-in-march/246099-3.html

Oracle

Arnab Goswami shouting on Times Now -

Isn't it strange? Isn't it strange? Isn't it strange? Isn't it strange that VK Singh knew about report 3 weeks ago?

I don't understand why its strange? VKS is a Chief of one of the most powerful armies in the world. He has various resources at his disposal which you, me or some journalist might not even know of their existence!

And so what if he knew about upcoming report? What was he supposed to do? Come out in public & tell them that IE or some journo is about to come up with a story putting suspicion on armed forces?

Last time I checked our Chiefs have no tradition of public speaking on petty motivated agendas.
I thought Arnab was different. He is a cry baby, and I do not watch TimesNow because of him.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I thought Arnab was different. He is a cry baby, and I do not watch TimesNow because of him.
I am not saying he has turned out to be cry baby or anything. Sometimes he makes sense, sometime sounds ridiculous. Maybe it has something to do with young age & upward career growth.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I don't like Arnab Goswami because he is too aggressive.

However, he and his channel is the only one, right or wrong, does not toe the Govt line.

He is quite fair. He got AVM Ahluwalia who is a chamcha of the Govt, for good reasons too!

NDTV and CNN IBN does not toe the Govt line all the way!

In fact, NDTV can replace DD in loyalty!

I don't get News X.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles