Question for our Afghan Sisters & Brothers on this forum

praneet.bajpaie

Given the fact the the US and Nato forces will withdraw from the country in a few months time, I would like to ask the Afghans on this forum, what are your visions for a prosperous, stable Afghanistan?

Do you agree with the Indian plan of arming the Afghan Defence Forces against the Taliban?

What do you guys have to say about the fact that Pakistan has reservations about this plan of Arming the Afghan Security Forces?

praneet.bajpaie

Given the fact the the US and Nato forces will withdraw from the country in a few months time, I would like to ask the Afghans on this forum, what are your visions for a prosperous, stable Afghanistan?

Do you agree with the Indian plan of arming the Afghan Defence Forces against the Taliban?

What do you guys have to say about the fact that Pakistan has reservations about this plan of Arming the Afghan Security Forces?
@datguy79
@MLRS

Last edited by a moderator:

datguy79

- Unless security is not maintained (ie hardline stance against Taliban and sealing of the Pak border) any other ventures are premature. It will be a repeat of the cycle all over again. Personally I need to see what Abdullah can do before I make any long-term projections.
- Anything not infantry-related will be good. We have enough small arms already.
- Look, states operate on the principle of self-interest, not goodwill. Afghanistan also had reservations about Pakistan getting caught with its pants down in the bin Laden capture. Or the fact that Mullah Omar is probably moving around in a van somewhere in Karachi.

ThilakManohar

Country flag
My question is only the armed security against the Talibans can save afgan citizens??

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
My question is only the armed security against the Talibans can save afgan citizens??
If there is no security, we can't plan anything else. India has been circumspect from doing more than what it has done, which i will say is already substantial because its not sure of the future. No one wants to go back to the last where Taliban steamrolls into Kabul. India didn't supply lethal weapons earlier because the powers to be were not sure if the ANA will hold good against the Pak/Taliban combine.

Without security nothing can be done. So yes its very important that Taliban is spoken to in the language they understand. And they are Laato ke bhoot.

hamid954

India should continue to help build hospitals, schools, roads, training the Afghan army and most importantly continue building dams for electricity for Afghanistan.

The only thing we Afghans request India is that you must help Afghanistan in getting rid of the warlords who are in power today and are in the elections today as well. It's very important for India not to support any warlord group such as Nothern alliance or any other group. If India were to do this things would happen exactly the same like in 1992. Which was foreign countries warlord groups all fighting for power and destroying Afghanistan. It's not just a few warlords it's almost all of them are warlords in today's election or they are in a party with warlords. These warlord criminal monsters who are loyal puppets to foreign interest such as Pakistani ISI only work for self interest. These warlords may even fight for power today like in 1992 and NATO may not even stop to interfere. If they were to fight for power today, they would loot, steal and destroy until Pakistani ISI send taliban since the country is weakened which was exactly what happened in 1992.

My point is Afghanistan needs a real legitimate government or else there is no way for Afghanistan to stop Pakistan from using Afghanistan as a backyard.

Last edited:

Glint

Country flag
The only thing we Afghans request India is that you must help Afghanistan in getting rid of the warlords who are in power today and are in the elections today as well. It's very important for India not to support any warlord group such as Nothern alliance or any other group.
Understood your point but i'm kinda sure India wouldn't interfere with the warlord groups as long as they don't interfere with India's plan about stabilizing Afghanistan.
In other words Pakistan is too much of a b!tch to cry about India if it helps Afghanistan in political matter.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles