Project P15B Visakhapatnam class destroyer

undeadmyrmidon

So another project successfully screwed up by the ruskies and their mood swing supply of equipment so it is going to rot for another 3 years before it does for sea trail such a waste of time ..:frusty::frusty:
Nope....as per news article stuff is on the right track. Besides without more carrier fighters your fleet is going no where.

Shashwat

Country flag
About the radar, can an Arudhra radar spin off work?
About the SRGM,
AFAIK, you cannot sign new contracts with blacklisted firms, but older contracts remain in place. And the SRGM are license produced under an older contract.
see this:-

BTW, I remember @porky_kicker posting a pick of SRGMs under construction at BHEL.
Yes as a secondary radar yes, not sure whether it can replace IN requirement for multi purpose AESA. Arudhra works in S-band and has a range in excess of 400km+ and can track object upto 2sqkm at that range.

https://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/English/mpr.pdf

It seems to be much better atleast on paper when compared to super dated D-band Thales radar currently in use with P15-A/B destroyer of IN. http://www.thales7seas.com/html_2014/products/225/DS035_06_07_LW08_print_opt.pdf

I hope there are plans to offshoot this for IN as this will considerably increase indigenous content on future destroyers.

Shashwat

Country flag
^^ Leave imaging to @shiphone, nice work as always :) BTW can you get a clear image of Vikrant as well.

I hope they will launch P17A with super structure. The time b/w launch and sea trials is just too long.

G10

Country flag
That ship #1 P15 is no where to be seen now.
Also GE not showing 3D pics

rohit b3

Country flag
GE 2018/01/08... obviously the vessel on the background on the INS Karanj launching ceremony is the leading ship of this class.

View attachment 22987

From the pic, it seems the radar work hasnt even started? Or am i wrong? Can someone give an expert opinion as to if the ship is anywhere close to being complete and would sea trials start this year?

Shashwat

Country flag
From the pic, it seems the radar work hasnt even started? Or am i wrong? Can someone give an expert opinion as to if the ship is anywhere close to being complete and would sea trials start this year?
Hard to say, during Khanderi launch the MFStar tower was empty now its covered. Though the panel that buldge out are not yet installed, hard to make whether they have installed it or not.

They can very well make it worthy of sea trials if foreign OEM get their act together and not delay. MDL however cannot proceed if they don't receive critical equipment in time.

No gun mounted yet. 127mm or 76 mm??
127mm.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Was that MORMUGAO or Vishakhapatnam

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

Prashant12

Country flag
MDL Stats Production of 4th Destroyer of Visakhapatnam Class

Mumbai: Commodore Rakesh Anand, Chairman & Managing Director, Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited, inaugurated the Commencement of Production activity of Y-12707, fourth destroyer of Visakhapatnam Class on 19 July’ 2018 in the South Yard Production Shop, in the presence of Mr. Sanjiv Sharma, Director (Finance); Cmde T V Thomas, Director (Corporate Planning and Personnel); RAdm A K Saxena, Director (Shipbuilding), Mr. Satish Pendharkar, Chief Vigilance Officer and other senior officials of MDL and Indian Navy.

The Visakhapatnam class destroyers (P15B) are follow-on warships of the Kolkata class. Four destroyers in this class are under construction in MDL. The first of P15B warship ‘Visakhapatnam’ was launched in April 2015 and the second ‘Mormugao’ in September 2016. Both are at advanced stages of outfitting.

The P15B class destroyers will have enhanced stealth characteristics. These ships are being built using indigenously developed steel and fitted with state-of-the-art weapon and sensor systems. They will have advanced Integrated Platform Management System.

http://www.psuconnect.in/news/production-start-4th-destroyer-of-visakhapatnam-class-at-mdl/16430

Bhurki

Chinki ships will be blown out of the water long before they steam anywhere close to targeting our ships. I'd love to see them get close to Indonesia. Hint: Su-30MKIs with Brahmos, MiG-29Ks with Kh-35, Jaguars with Harpoons.

Not to mention forward deployed Scorpenes with Exocets
You're thinking they won't have any air cover , A2/AD capabilities and no submarines?

Bhurki

Type 052d vs 15A/B destroyer one-on-one .
Who will win?.

binayak95

Country flag
You're thinking they won't have any air cover , A2/AD capabilities and no submarines?
I am discounting their missiles. It's nigh impossible to defend against ripple fired Brahmos missiles with a good 3 layer AD systems. Chinki systems, well

Bhurki

I am discounting their missiles. It's nigh impossible to defend against ripple fired Brahmos missiles with a good 3 layer AD systems. Chinki systems, well
052d have 48 lrsam for interception in vls (considering loadout of 48 defensive + 16 antiship) and 24 hhq 10 for lrsam also ciws ..
Thats 72 missiles for protection against 16 brahmos.. Hows that impossible..

Last edited:

vampyrbladez

Country flag
052d have 48 lrsam for interception in vls (considering loadout of 48 defensive + 16 antiship) and 24 hhq 10 for lrsam also ciws ..
Thats 72 missiles for protection against 16 brahmos.. Hows that impossible..
All those missiles are not designed for M3 missiles.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles