PM Modi on surprise visit to Pakistan today

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Guys, lets give a Nobel Peace Prize to Mr. Modi for his great flexibility which allowed him to bend backwards and kiss Paki ass.
Do you know anything about what Modi did in Pak?
Why did you assume he would do whatever it is you are trying to express in the later part of your sentence?
Maybe he did something else. Maybe he'll keep Shariff in line.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I disagree, Most Hindu nations (Kingdoms and even powers) have always sided with outside powers! As it is shown now. A Hindu automatically doesnt mean good for India. We are a civilization power, we should start acting like that.Like the Chinese are doing, Like how Anglo - Europeans are doing. No point talking about that here, because it will de rail the thread.
I know we do not agree here on what constitutes India as a civilization and whether its a subset or superset of Hindu identity. But leaving that aside for now, you cannot explain this act of Modi without talking about ideology of RSS.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Do you know anything about what Modi did in Pak?
Why did you assume he would do whatever it is you are trying to express in the later part of your sentence?
Maybe he did something else. Maybe he'll keep Shariff in line.
Yes, Sharif the great Khalifa of Pak!! Last time he was kissing ABV, Musharraf did Kargil.

Those who do not learn from history dig their graves.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Yes, Sharif the great Khalifa of Pak!! Last time he was kissing ABV, Musharraf did Kargil.

Those who do not learn from history dig their graves.
Modi is not ABV, and you really think he got till here without learning lessons (history included.)

And btw "Yes, Sharif the great Khalifa of Pak!!" what exactly do you imply by this?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Modi is not ABV, and you really think he got till here without learning lessons (history included.)
Modi comes from the same school as ABV. I am seeing this whole drama from a cricket perspective and has been going on for a month now since Anurag Thakur called SM supporters as morons who cannot dictate cricket relations.

Just wait for another terrorist attack before calling off the meetings. We have seen this situation unfold many times over.

Shikha Rathi

Nothing will come out from this visit inspite of time waste.

Pak cheated us at the time of kargil and that time we lost so many lives. Modi should take a lesson from past and I don't think we need pak support for any development.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Modi comes from the same school as ABV. I am seeing this whole drama from a cricket perspective and has been going on for a month now since Anurag Thakur called SM supporters as morons who cannot dictate cricket relations.

Just wait for another terrorist attack before calling off the meetings. We have seen this situation unfold many times over.
Okay.
=====

What do you think the visit was about?
Any ideas?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Okay.
=====

What do you think the visit was about?
Any ideas?
1) It has to do with some private benefit of BJP members. Especially watch out for cricket diplomacy.

2) Photo-ops under pressure from Russia-China due to SCO. Not definitely sure about it though.

3) Don't expect too much. It is just a meeting over lunch, so nothing great will come out of it. It will be just "Aman ka tamasha" type of meetings. Modi likes to be in limelight.

AnantS

Country flag
1) It has to do with some private benefit of BJP members. Especially watch out for cricket diplomacy.
Check the Chota Jindal connection of Jindal Steel in this Thoo Track diplomacy. Badmash also has steel plant in Pakistan. Afghanistan Ore is involved. Jindal is present in Lahore, If I understood correctly, KC Singh hinted about Jindal tweeting from Lahore today.
You should listen to Rajeev Dogra, fmr diplomat on times now. Very pertinent points. Seems net net Pakistan is gainer and India wilted under US pressure. BJP is has no spine, US breaks its spine, spits on it, yet BJP's leaders crawl and yearn to be its whipping boy.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Check the Chota Jindal connection of Jindal Steel in this Thoo Track diplomacy. Badmash also has steel plant in Pakistan. Afghanistan Ore is involved. Jindal is present in Lahore, If I understood correctly, KC Singh hinted about Jindal tweeting from Lahore today.
You should listen to Rajeev Dogra, fmr diplomat on times now. Very pertinent points. Seems net net Pakistan is gainer and India wilted under US pressure. BJP is has no spine, US breaks its spine, spits on it, yet BJP's leaders crawl and yearn to be its whipping boy.
I am not sure about US connection. Last time when Modi spoke with Sharif was on sidelines of SCO under pressure of Russia-China. So it can be under anyone's pressure.

But I am not sure that Modi would have buckled under this pressure unless BJP has its own weak ideology which comes from RSS i.e. Pakis are lost brothers. At the end of day, US or any other power can do nothing if India does not engage Pak. It is a sabotage from within.

AnantS

Country flag
I am not sure about US connection. Last time when Modi spoke with Sharif was on sidelines of SCO under pressure of Russia-China. So it can be under anyone's pressure.
Sakal the diplomats are hinting about US pressure. What xactly is making them wilt or what were the stick or carrot points,is anybody's guess. No doubt, Modi has sullied his own image, and this attitude firmly places him on the same platform as MMS, ABV.

Natwar chirping, Jindal happy, CPI ecstatic, and poor BJP blokes coming out with expression on TV as if deer faced headlights. Its a tell tale sign that its a major U turn by Modi, that took even BJP by surprise.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad

this time its not easy to do kargil with usa forces at paki backyard.
Bhai, its not about Kargil.

It is about ideological stand. Every time you do flip-flops, Pak thinks India is Hindu baniya and emboldens them further. I am all for back-channel talks but sending PM is just dishonourable for all the soldiers who lost their lives in the last 1.5 yrs under Modi. A confident nation should not forgive those who killed their soldiers. Especially in the case, when Pak has shown no efforts to deliver Lakhvi or other known terrorists.

How difficult is it to see that Pakis have no intent to not use terrorism as a state policy!

AnantS

Country flag
@AnantS -- btw I liked your term "Track thoo diplomacy"!!! Did you coin it? It can take twitter by storm!!
Dunno man, just came in mind, maybe I read it in BR eons ago. The NM fans are too shocked to even react. As Rajeev Dogra or KC put in, if this visit bring Hafiz or Dawood to India, then only this is some of achievement by NM otherwise its damp squib

AnantS

Country flag
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad

this time its not easy to do kargil with usa forces at paki backyard.
NOpe ! Its quite opposite. India Pak on brink of war or at war suits US because then it can make its concubine Pak dance to its tune. Its was co incidence, David Headely was involved in 26/11 & his open access was quickly denied. Fit in the pieces.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Dunno man, just came in mind, maybe I read it in BR eons ago. The NM fans are too shocked to even react. As Rajeev Dogra or KC put in, if this visit bring Hafiz or Dawood to India, then only this is some of achievement by NM otherwise its damp squib
I am not shocked any more. Modi has been flip-flopping for the past 8-10 months now. I am getting more and more used to his spineless behaviour.

Pak won't hand over Hafiz or Dawood after 2 hours of lunch with Modi! Question is what will Pak gain by handing over any terrorists to India. They have fair weather friend called China to support them through thick and thin. And last time I checked China had much deeper pockets and can help Pak in every way to bring down India. Pak does not need India and has nothing to gain by being friends with us.

indiatester

Country flag
Armed forces and civilians must be on extra vigil now. We have some experience with the "fruits" of such efforts.
Not happy with this development at all

salute

@Sakal Gharelu Ustad

yeah, pakis not gonna be good to india,until they go complete cultural transformation,

and thats not gonna happen,

but its gonna be just a gesture of friendship,because modi got to do upcoming saarc summit in paki country,

maybe modi is thinking few steps ahead by doing this and cut short friendship bs before pakis talks about it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles