Pakistan should be named 'People's Republic of Pakistan'

Blackwater

Pakistan may be Muslim majority country but it doesn't endorse Sharia. So, why the name Islamic Republic of Pakistan? Pakistan's founder Jinnah never actually wanted Sharia in Pakistan. Even Ayub Khan named the country 'Democratic Republic of Pakistan' but some Mullahs later changed it to 'Islamic Republic of Pakistan'. Tell me one Muslim country which is following Sharia and there is peace and peace everywhere. Turkey is a secular country even though it is Muslim majority country. Bangladesh is founded on secularism hence its name is 'People's Republic of Bangladesh'.

Pakistan should be named 'People's Republic of Pakistan'.

People from all walks of life - irrespective of caste, colour or creed - joined the Hindu community to celebrate the colourful festival of Holi at the Lakshmi Narayan Temple on Sunday. PHOTO: ATHAR KHAN/EXPRESS

Can I dare say The People's Republic of Pakistan? Can it ever be possible? Mohammad Ali Jinnah created just Pakistan, but then the later voting seeking politicians changed it to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Today this very Islamic Republic of Pakistan, is a great example of the Sunni-Shia wars, the Mohajir- Punjab War, India-Pakistan War, Minority Killing Wars, Media wars, self appointed Pseudo-Intellectual leader wars!

Why did we not keep Jinnah's name - "Pakistan?" Why did we have to make a nation Islamic. Jinnah never said that the minorities will be not be given importance, in fact the flag has a white color representing the minorities, then making the whole of Pakistan Islamic is already discriminating the minorities.

Well people, welcome to my Pakistan and my Pakistan has the teachings of Jinnah and the other person included is President Musharraf minus all his advisors. He just needs to be told that he can do without his advisors.

Rest then an appeal to the people of Pakistan, to the youth of Pakistan, and that is to keep Jinnah alive to bring back the Pakistan for the people of Pakistan. Pakistan is not Islam, people are not Islam, we are all humans first and Islam is a great religion and it is a part of us. But we are Pakistanis and humans first. Keeping aside the cast, creed, color and religions

Sonia Ahmed- President of Miss Pakistan World: People's Republic of Pakistan - Can We? by Sonia Ahmed

Blackwater

Pakistan should be named "" people republic of united India"":lol::lol::lol::lol:

Compersion

Country flag
Once Pakis move away from Islamic (Muslim) State of Pakistan their whole reasons for their existence vanishes. Why was it created in the first place. Even the Pakis wanting to emulate Turkey by trying to become "secular" is in concord and conformity that its whole reasons for its existence is fake and counterfeit.

India needs to tell the world more and more that Muslims are more prosperous in secular arrangements and would prefer to be in arrangements like India compared to Pakistan. Pakistan needs to be ultimately a group of states that are provided self-determination (much better compared to present) within the realms of a Republic of India and similar structure (i.e new country and some integration with ROI). Is that unfeasible - impossible not by theory and principle.

Jai Hind.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles