Pakistan carried out drone strikes in Feb: NYT

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Given that FATA does not fall under the Pakistan Penal Code nor under the legal system in mainstream Pakistan, what rules do you believe govern potential Pakistani Military strikes in FATA?

I believe the Pakistan Government has authorized military operations in FATA, which would also cover Pakistani Military led drone strikes.
FATA may not be under Pakistan Criminal Code and Proceedures but the basics of Jurisprudence even if Islamic Jurisprudence should be applied?

Let me know which Sharia law allows innocents to be murdered ? In fact the whole problem in FATA is that Pakistan is acting there in contravention of the established "Pakhtoonwali" and Sharia laws...

The basics of all jurisprudence state that one shall not be convicted unless proved guilty...

But what Pakistan is doing in entire KPK and FATA and SWAT etc is plain genocide.... against all Islamic jurisprudence..

Agnostic Muslim

FATA may not be under Pakistan Criminal Code and Proceedures but the basics of Jurisprudence even if Islamic Jurisprudence should be applied?

Let me know which Sharia law allows innocents to be murdered ? In fact the whole problem in FATA is that Pakistan is acting there in contravention of the established "Pakhtoonwali" and Sharia laws...

The basics of all jurisprudence state that one shall not be convicted unless proved guilty...

But what Pakistan is doing in entire KPK and FATA and SWAT etc is plain genocide.... against all Islamic jurisprudence..
The question is whether Pakistani military operations (including alleged drone strikes) are legal under the Pakistani constitution or not, and not whether the Pakistani constitution has aspects that violate 'the basics of jurisprudence' (which it does - the existence of the Blasphemy laws and the discrimination against Ahmadi's clearly illustrates failures in the constitution).

Which 'established laws governing FATA' is the Pakistani government and military 'contravening'?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The question is whether Pakistani military operations (including alleged drone strikes) are legal under the Pakistani constitution or not, and not whether the Pakistani constitution has aspects that violate 'the basics of jurisprudence' (which it does - the existence of the Blasphemy laws and the discrimination against Ahmadi's clearly illustrates failures in the constitution).

Which 'established laws governing FATA' is the Pakistani government and military 'contravening'?
I agree.

The Constitution lays down the basic structure and edifice of a society / country and enumertaes the fundamantals .
Ok.
Now tell me if the Constitution of Pakistan upholds the right to life, right to justice and right to dissent or not ?

If the right to justice is upheld then justcie must be imparted to the citizens...

If right to life is assured then no one must take life without due process of law by drone attacks.. that amounts to declaring your own population as enemy.. and denial of constitution

If right to dissent is allowed then no body be punished for dissenting as the people of FATA are being punished... as Pakhtoons are being punished by Punjabi Army...

Last edited by a moderator:

Agnostic Muslim

I agree.

The Constitution lays down the basic structure and edifice of a society / country and enuumertaes the fundamantals .
Ok.
Now tell me if the Constitution of Pakistan upholds the right to life, right to justice and right to dissent or not ?

If the right to justice is upheld then justcie must be imparted to to the citizens...

If right to life is assured then no one must take life without due process of law by drone attacks.. that amounts to declaring your own population as enemy..

If right to dissent is allowed then no body be punished for dissenting as the people of FATA are being punished... as Pakhtoons are being punished by Punjabi Army...
As I pointed out, the Pakistani constitution does not apply to FATA in terms of any of those 'basic rights' - FATA is governed under the FCR and largely autonomous, which was a condition of the Tribes when they agreed to become part of Pakistan.

Blackwater

Are you suggesting that no other country on earth has the death penalty for criminals, and has had ZERO instances of alleged criminals being killed in encounters with law enforcement agencies?
those who gave you kashmir(POK), now become criminals:cool2::thumb::thumb:

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
Chances are very remote the Pakis conduct Drone strike not that they will not but do they have UCAV in the first place

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
Is UCAV Burraq operational ? or Pakis have any chinese UCAV. Can any paki members shed some light

datguy79

Chances are very remote the Pakis conduct Drone strike not that they will not but do they have UCAV in the first place
They have unguided missiles, a whiff of wind and they will miss the target by 30-50 meters.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Pakistan Rejects U.S. Disavowal of Drone Strikes
By DECLAN WALSH
Published: March 5, 2013

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — The Pakistani military on Tuesday denied suggestions by American officials quoted in an article in The New York Times that Pakistan had used the C.I.A. drone program as cover for its own military operations in the tribal belt.
The Times article, first published online on Monday, cited United States government officials who said that, contrary to media reports at the time, the C.I.A. had not carried out two reported strikes in North and South Waziristan on Feb. 6 and Feb. 8.

Instead, the Americans said, they suspected that the Pakistani military had carried out at least one of the attacks, mostly likely using conventional warplanes.

The Pakistani military did not respond officially to requests for comment before the Times article was published. But afterward, it issued a statement criticizing the American claims as "a distortion of the facts" that "seems to be aimed at diluting Pakistan's stance on drone strikes."

In the statement, which was widely reported in the Pakistani media, the military spokesman denied that Pakistani security forces had carried out "any operation, including airstrikes, in the area on dates mentioned in the news report."

The strident denial creates an unusual situation in which officials from both countries are effectively accusing the other of carrying out the same attack, albeit with different weaponry.

The C.I.A. has carried out about 330 attacks in the tribal belt, using Predator and Reaper drones, mostly over the past five years. The Pakistani military is not widely thought to have armed drone capability, but does have both American- and Chinese-designed warplanes capable of delivering airstrikes.

The furor reflects the political sensitivity of the drone campaign, which is viewed by many Pakistanis as an expression of American hostility that infringes their sovereignty and undercuts human rights.

In private, however, American officials say that a handful of Pakistani military and intelligence leaders have knowledge of the program, and that protocols exist for giving the Pakistanis advance notice of some strikes.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/06/w...ects-us-disavowal-of-drone-strikes.html?_r=1&

:lol::rofl::rotfl:

funny thing is that some one is killing Pakistanis and is army and ISI dont have any idea as to who it is :desert:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Pakistani members and Pakistanis who are reading this, please be careful, drones can strike in any part of our country and your military wont do anything, infact they might be getting $$$ for every drone strike.

agentperry

if its true and properly marketed:thumb: then talibani will wreck havoc in half of the pakistan. golden opportunity for enemy of pakistan and islam.:namaste::thumb:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles