Pak-Russia talks on delivery of Su-35, Mi-35s underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaduveer

SOURCE: SPUTNIK

Expansion of military cooperation between Russia and Pakistan will not have any negative effect on relations between Moscow and New Delhi, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said on Wednesday. Moscow and Islamabad are currently in talks on the delivery of Russian multirole Mi-35M attack helicopters and the latest Su-35 fighter jets.

http://idrw.org/russia-pakistan-hol...-35-confirms-russian-deputy-foreign-minister/

Yaduveer

These Ruskies are jeopardising India's security and when We have supported them in their annexation of Crimea!

DingDong

Country flag
Indian establishment's contempt for domestic production and aversion to risk-taking is going to cost India big-time. Russia knows our dependence on defence imports, US knows as well. Brace for more blackmail from the suppliers because our corrupt babus, generals and Industrialists made sure that domestic R&D remains crippled. Many arm-chair generals cannot appreciate the importance of domestic production because of their lust for money and women, in case of a major war scarcity of components may cripple the best platform.

Time and again we halted local effort in direction of self-reliance after receiving partial ToT and license-to-assemble.

We cannot complain, every country looks after it's national interest. We have got to deal with the internal enemies.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Too much vodka is bad for health.
The question is can they manage to piss us off?
Lets remind them that we are their largest customer of weapons.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Most likely pressure tactics to extract more money out of India but if the Russians really go ahead with, it'll have serious consequences.

In the larger scheme of things, with Pak inability pay, it would be idiotic of the Russians to jeopardize relations with India.

Any such move will only mean faster Indian diversification away from Russia. If the Russians want to completely hitch their cart to the Chinese, that's their call.

Indian establishment's contempt for domestic production and aversion to risk-taking is going to cost India big-time. Russia knows our dependence on defence imports, US knows as well. Brace for more blackmail from the suppliers because our corrupt babus, generals and Industrialists made sure that domestic R&D remains crippled. Many arm-chair generals cannot appreciate the importance of domestic production because of their lust for money and women, in case of a major war scarcity of components may cripple the best platform.

Time and again we halted local effort in direction of self-reliance after receiving partial ToT and license-to-assemble.

We cannot complain, every country looks after it's national interest. We have got to deal with the internal enemies.
True, though in the long run, it might make them jolt awake and realize the importance of domestic production. The navy always has been much better, hopefully the IAF and IA will be correct their view too.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
True, though in the long run, it might make them jolt awake and realize the importance of domestic production. The navy always has been much better, hopefully the IAF and IA will be correct their view too.
Do you have any valid links to back this up? As far as I can see, all three branches of Armed forces are at the same level of indegenisation.

I think Navy has a better PR to get away with the imports it is having.

blueblood

I would have taken such news seriously if;

• They hadn't mentioned Su-35. I don't think Pakis want, need or can afford Su-35. PAF has repeatedly shied away from twin engine fighters and will continue to do so with J-31 as a possible exception. Their defence relies on the higher sortie generation against larger IAF.
  • Why Russia and why not China?
  • Russia has consistently repeated that Pak will not be provided with offensive weapons.
  • With Russian economy down the drain, can they really afford to alienate India and push it towards US?
Fun times ahead if these reports are to be believed.:hmm:

Yaduveer

Blames also lays on Military mindset remember they have sabotaged Arjun tank by inserting sand in it's diesel engine before the testing.:shoot:

These Generals do not want to have anything indigenous . They did not show any capacity for absorbing indigenous 'not-so-perfect' system which can be matured with time.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Do you have any valid links to back this up? As far as I can see, all three branches of Armed forces are at the same level of indegenisation.

I think Navy has a better PR to get away with the imports it is having.
Well, its not a straight forward answer, I remember reading some analysis on this a couple of years back which I'll try to dig up. Some of its by the very nature of requirements, others might be maturity in Indian R&D and production, while the rest maybe individual preference for Indian vs external material.

The support for LCA by the navy compared to the IAF would be an obvious point. The army itself has had a lot of trouble inducting Indian made things from rifles to tanks etc.

Optics plays a big role though. We are building SSBN and Aircraft Carriers, little compares in the army or air force to that.

I would have taken such news seriously if;

• They hadn't mentioned Su-35. I don't think Pakis want, need or can afford Su-35. PAF has repeatedly shied away from twin engine fighters and will continue to do so with J-31 as a possible exception. Their defence relies on the higher sortie generation against larger IAF.
  • Why Russia and why not China?
  • Russia has consistently repeated that Pak will not be provided with offensive weapons.
  • With Russian economy down the drain, can they really afford to alienate India and push it towards US?
Fun times ahead if these reports are to be believed.:hmm:
Its not as if Russia does not have significant leverage on us. Who else is going to lease us a couple of nuke subs for instance? I am sure they have also helped us out a lot in other critical areas such as long range missiles, cryo-engines etc.

If we are confident we can do without or with ever decreasing Russian technical support, we should frankly move on as Russia is a going to be in a world of pain for the foreseeable future and it does not help us to be tied down with them.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
Pakis playing with the words to (try) create mood swings. Mi-35 and Su-35. Typing mistake auto correct whatever

Also

Russian have strong memory of their buttocks being kicked and posted on platter and history books by pakis. But there is a strong movement in India that is going for indigenization and rightly. Russia and india relations beyond such words and russia has been treated much worse by prc. Usa and europe might make strong moves at cost of russia into india but why not especially with proper tot. Also russia still has massive potential with india deals and tot potential. We want best stuff be it russian and otherwise. We need to tell Russia they needs to know we can support them. If they need money (which I doubt) we will not be last to support them. But Money is not everything.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
pakistan does not have funds to buy and above all maintain extremely costly SUs....they will get more used F-16s from the US and Junk Fighters from China. These are pressure tactics, Russia knows their defense Industry cannot survive without India, and pakistan is a beggarass looking for free doles, hence, pakis can never be a good trading partners!

I_PLAY_BAD

Fact is Russia is trying to find as many buyers as possible to sell its rusting technology as its economy is in shatters after international sanctions on them over Crimea. Please be informed that there are no permanent allies in foreign relations. There is no shock if tomorrow USA and Russia join hands and eliminate China or Pakistan or Germany or India.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Well, its not a straight forward answer, I remember reading some analysis on this a couple of years back which I'll try to dig up. Some of its by the very nature of requirements, others might be maturity in Indian R&D and production, while the rest maybe individual preference for Indian vs external material.

The support for LCA by the navy compared to the IAF would be an obvious point. The army itself has had a lot of trouble inducting Indian made things from rifles to tanks etc.

Optics plays a big role though. We are building SSBN and Aircraft Carriers, little compares in the army or air force to that.
As I said, NAvy has a better PR. That is all. All other things considered, all the three armed forces are at the same level of indiginisation achievement

IAF supported the LCA from its beginning. LCA would not have happened without IAF support. IN only stepped in at the last moment. Crediting IN with LCA is highly disingenious and unfair for IAF. FOr example, AMCA , being developed by the ADA? is being supported by the IAF and IN is yet to express any interest in it so far. Instead IN is actually eyeing the F35 from what I gather. Does that Make IN traitors? Of course not. They have different force requirements and different objectives. That is all

The SSBN we are building wont even be the biggest in the world, nor will the Aircraft carriers. Compare that with an IAF project like FGFA which when complete will be the best fighter jet in the world. We are talking about a world class fighter jet against a medium sized vessel of the IN. I dont think it is fair to call IAF being less supportive of the indigenous weapons just for that now is it?

Also, if we can build AC and N subs, why is the IN buying scorpenes from France and also looking to buy more such subs from other countries? Does that mean IN is unpatriotic for suporting foreign maal now?

salute

pakistan does not have funds to buy and above all maintain extremely costly SUs....they will get more used F-16s from the US and Junk Fighters from China. These are pressure tactics, Russia knows their defense Industry cannot survive without India, and pakistan is a beggarass looking for free doles, hence, pakis can never be a good trading partners!
exactly its not like pakis gonna buy 100 jet fighters from russia,

russia wants money not beggars pakis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles