Indian diplomat attacked in Chinese court

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
When have the Chinese accepted that they were hooligans and thugs or have ever done anything that is wrong?

Honestly, it is time to give the Chinese Ambassador a good thrashing and then claim that the report is not true!

vietnam&india

Wow, police was present but did nothing to stop the man-handling. And here we have Chinese diplomats in India who ask Indian journalists to Shut-up. What a contrast in cultures.
It's the chinese ! A bunch of Hooligans !

Tolaha

Just complain...?!?

We need to make some scene to show these Chinis we are not a puppet state like Pak or Sudan where they can play with them
Dont you worry.... the foreign affairs minister will release a statement which will be on the lines of:
"We issue strong protests, absolutely condemn the actions, unacceptable behavior etc etc."

Basically, they wont just complain but whine for that's all they think that they can do!

debasree

Country flag
the govt should call the ambassador and send a demarche ,

Oracle

What happened to security for diplomats in the Kingdom?

That is exactly what GoI would do, and that is exactly what GoI have been doing for decades. Sending demarches!

Tolaha

Sir,
If you aren't already one, then you have to consider a career in IFS (Indian Foreign Service). You seem to be having some of the vital requirements to be a career diplomat! :thumb:

JAISWAL

Shanghai attack: India to summon Chinese diplomat

Ok , your wish come true.
GOI showed some spine.
Shanghai attack: India to summon Chinese diplomat

New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs will summon Chinese Deputy Chief of Mission to lodge protest over the ill treatment meted out to Indian diplomat in Shanghai, sources said.
Indian embassy officials are apparently in a meeting with officials from the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Beijing.
The Indian diplomat was attacked as he tried to secure the release of two Indians who were held hostage by locals, demanding payment of their dues in the eastern business hub of Yiwu.

S Balachandran, a diplomat at the Indian Consulate in Shanghai, was rushed to hospital when he fainted after being "manhandled" by the crowd that tried to snatch two Indians who clung to him.
The incident happened when he was leaving the court after prolonged negotiations on the night of December 31.
The two Indians had been held hostage by the local traders for two weeks for non-payment of dues by their company, whose owner had allegedly fled the country.
Riva Ganguly Das, the Consul General of the Shanghai Consulate of India, said that Balachandran fainted when he was "manhandled", while attempting to get the release of Deepak Raheja and Shyamsunder Agrawal.
Balachandran, 46, tried to negotiate for their release for over five hours at a court in Yiwu, a big trading centre for a host of commodities.
He was assaulted when the two Indians, being held captive for over a fortnight, clung on to him to leave the surcharged place. The incident took place in the court and in the presence of police and the judge.
A high drama ensued as the crowd prevented the two from going along with him demanding that they pay millions of Yuan owed to them for commodities purchased from them.
They later pounced on them and snatched the two from Balachandran, who in the process suffered injuries especially to his knee. A diabetes patient, Balanchandran fainted after the assault.
Balachandran was rushed to the local hospital in an ambulance in a semi-conscious state by local officials and some Indian traders based in Yiwu.
Local officials reportedly apologised to Balachandran after the incident.
Though the court said Deepak and Shayamsundar were free to go, they remained in police custody fearing attack by the crowd. They too suffered injuries in the incident.
Balachandran was admitted to a hospital in Shanghai on Sunday where he is undergoing treatment for his injuries.
His condition was better and he is currently undergoing various tests, Das said.
The two Indians are lodged at a police station and the Consulate has appointed a lawyer to secure their release. The two were held as captive after the owner of their company, Euro Global Trading, fled without paying the dues of local suppliers. The owner was stated to be a Yemeni or a Pakistani national.
The two Indians hailing from Mumbai say they were employees of the company but the local Chinese suppliers assert they will be released only after they pay the dues.
Their families were in touch with the Indian Consulate officials to obtain their release.
Over 100 Indian traders stay in Yiwu which is a centre of commodities trading.
Last year, Indian merchants bought over USD 15 billion worth of goods from the market.

Shanghai attack: India to summon Chinese diplomat - India News - IBNLive

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
I had an impression that Chinese general population is mature, calm and composed as compared to the rest.....as I read more and more about Chinese and south-china sea; I get the impression that Chinese are simply put - - short-tempered violent people with streaks of dementia and for money they can go upto any level.
...very emotional as well.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
What happened to security for diplomats in the Kingdom?

That is exactly what GoI would do, and that is exactly what GoI have been doing for decades. Sending demarches!

Great to see you back. :)

nimo_cn

Country flag
i am taking the risk of being a 50-cent by posting here.

i thought Chinese traders were proved to be innocent, why are Indians still bashing them?

it seems not everyone cares what really happened to that poor Indian diplomat as long as you can badmouth Chinese.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
i am taking the risk of being a 50-cent by posting here.

i thought Chinese traders were proved to be innocent, why are Indians still bashing them?

it seems not everyone cares what really happened to that poor Indian diplomat as long as you can badmouth Chinese.
I congratulate you to be here.

Have the Chinese traders been proved right?

The chaps held are employees and not the owner of the company.

The company is owned by a Pakistani/ Yemeni.

Has the Chinese Govt or law done anything to get that Pakistan or Yemeni?

Or are they sitting pretty since Pakistan is China's friend and sorting out the Indian employees?

You all talk of justice.

Is this Justice?

Is hooliganism in a court beyond law, the usual way things are done in China?

How would China take it if the way the Indian diplomat was treated was done to a Chinese diplomat?

Supposing when your Ambassador told an Indian reporter to shut up was slapped and kicked, what would be the reaction of the Chinese Govt?

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
i thought your government just cleared he was not attacked, unless your government is BSing just like your cheap media

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
i thought your government just cleared he was not attacked, unless your government is BSing just like your cheap media
Good point.

The diplomat is a congenital fainter! :rofl:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I had an impression that Chinese general population is mature, calm and composed as compared to the rest.....as I read more and more about Chinese and south-china sea; I get the impression that Chinese are simply put - - short-tempered violent people with streaks of dementia and for money they can go upto any level.
Really?!? I had a warning from a DFI Chinese member threatening to beat me down if he ever met me on the street. How mature, calm, composed is that coming from educated Han?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Really?!? I had a warning from a DFI Chinese member threatening to beat me down if he ever met me on the street. How mature, calm, composed is that coming from educated Han?
Why do you worry?

Opium maybe still rampant around China!

There is a lot of difference in holding degrees of education and pure God given intelligence!

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Now I am of the belief that you make friends in accordance to your own nature and temperament; and looking at Chinese I can conclude they are no different than demented Islamic pakis and NKs when it comes to shameless behavior and thanklessness, and of-course plunder.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The more Chinese interact with foreigners(read non-Han) the more truth is revealed.Their Arrogance and "SHUT UP" attitude is coming in front of everyone now.At least the Chinese on this forum indeed are like this since we don't like to follow CPC rules.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles