Indian Air Force CH-47F Helicopter

Enquirer

You have to understand, what heavy lifting for IAF means and only then you will see where the CH47 fits and where it doesn't.
It seems like you're asserting that YOU understand IAFs needs better than IAF itself.
You keep saying that THEY did this, THEY will need to do this and THEIR role is blah blah...but do you realize that it's THEY who chose CH47 & C17?

Enquirer

And this proves, that you have no idea about IAFs operations!
I know about the death tolls when simple storms/cyclones have hit. The death tolls are normally 100x what occurs in other developed countries.
It's not IAFs fault. It's the issue with the entire logistics of disaster management. However things are getting better with the formation of NDMA.

Sancho

It seems like you're asserting that YOU understand IAFs needs better than IAF itself.
Again, that's your assumption by the lack of arguments, not what I said. :biggrin2:

It's not IAFs fault. It's the issue with the entire logistics of disaster management.
And here again, you clearly don't know about IAFs operations:

IAF sets a world record with
Uttarakhand rescue that saved 20,000 civilians in an astonishing 2,140 missions
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahom...000-civilians-astonishing-2-140-missions.html

Enquirer

Again, that's your assumption by the lack of arguments, not what I said. :biggrin2:

And here again, you clearly don't know about IAFs operations:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahom...000-civilians-astonishing-2-140-missions.html
I just have one question:
If IAF is not complaining then why are you?
In fact, it's IAF that is spending it's own budget on CH47 & C17 & is happy.
You seem to be the only guy lamenting!
IAF put their money where their mouth is, & you're putting your foot instead!

It's ok to fall in love with some birds - we all have our favorites :)

Last edited:

Sancho

I just have one question:
If IAF is not complaining then why are you?
Who is complaining? I stated a fact, that a certain transport capability is not available anymore. You neither can deny it, nor offer a credible solution. So don't shoot the messenger, just because you don't like the message.

I am not ersa..., I argue with facts and based on credible infos, just as I don't have to go down the name calling road like he does. If you prefer his style of discussion, you know where to find him. But at least we agree on that he has no clue whatsoever. :biggrin2:

Enquirer

Who is complaining? I stated a fact, that a certain transport capability is not available anymore. You neither can deny it, nor offer a credible solution. So don't shoot the messenger, just because you don't like the message.

I am not ersa..., I argue with facts and based on credible infos, just as I don't have to go down the name calling road like he does. If you prefer his style of discussion, you know where to find him. But at least we agree on that he has no clue whatsoever. :biggrin2:
Yeah, don't say the devil's name aloud - he might just butt in and start yelling his pseudo science in his sentence fragments :) :) :)

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
An amazing Chinook demo showing its speed and agility (adjust video speed to 0.75):

charlie

Country flag

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
This not the Chinook it is the CH-46 sea knight the particular model is known as HKP 4A variant

su30mki2017

Country flag
You keep saying that THEY did this, THEY will need to do this and THEIR role is blah blah...but do you realize that it's THEY who chose CH47 & C17?
Too late for arguments,should have bought block 3 ch-47 instead

or future chinook- Boeing advanced tandem rotor helicopter

Last edited:

WolfPack86

Country flag

On-cost, on-schedule production of 350 #CH47 #Chinook aircraft + a mapped future for advanced capabilities

Chinook heavy transport helicopter.

WolfPack86

Country flag
First @Boeing_In CH-47F Chinook transferred to the Indian Air Force in Philadelphia yesterday. Pictures from the transfer ceremony.

WolfPack86

Country flag
The first four @Boeing_In CH-47F Chinook copters to be inducted into the Indian Air Force’s 126 Flight (‘The Featherweights’) in Chandigarh on March 25.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles