जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag

Last edited:

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag

Jameson Emoni

Indian nationals released in Myanmar by Arakan Army

Two Indian nationals who were captured by the Arakan Army released in Myanmar. Arrangements are being made to bring the two back to India.

"The Indian nationals have been released and the Consular General of Sittwe is coordinating their movement from Kyauktaw," sources said here.

The two Indian nationals were taken into captivity by an insurgent group called the Arakan Army in Myanmar while they were travelling there to work on a road project. The two were captured when they were on their way from Paletwa to Sittwe.

According to sources, an MP from Myanmar was also captured by the group. The Indian team is working on a road project connecting Mizoram to Sittwe Port in Rakhine state in Myanmar, sources said.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...-in-myanmar-by-arakan-army-1615587-2019-11-04

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
@fire starter @Lonewolf @FalconSlayers @FalconZero guys just had some questions.
Guys any idea of What kind of Things we could export to Myanmar in terms of Defence? I guess we could supply them with Ships to Enhance their Naval Strength Against Bangladesh Navy? Maybe we could sell them Ships like Corvettes etc. What do you all say? Huh?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
@fire starter @Lonewolf @FalconSlayers @FalconZero guys just had some questions.
Guys any idea of What kind of Things we could export to Myanmar in terms of Defence? I guess we could supply them with Ships to Enhance their Naval Strength Against Bangladesh Navy? Maybe we could sell them Ships like Corvettes etc. What do you all say? Huh?
U don't force feed someone , if they need we will make move

Super Flanker

Banned
U don't force feed someone , if they need we will make move
Yes you are right, I believe Myanmar is a very close and Friendly country to us. Let's see if in the near future they will want to buy warships from India. Maybe we could export them ships of tonnages around 2500+ tons? Like Missile corvettes? I will be curious to see that.

Varoon2

Country flag
I believe India has already sold sonar, radar, VHF communication system and a submarine( the last was basically given)

Super Flanker

Banned
I believe India has already sold sonar, radar, VHF communication system and a submarine( the last was basically given)
I believe Myanmar makes ships Indigenously and the Sensors like Radars and other Electronic systems are basically Imported from India.

To be honest ,Basically Myanmar builds their own ships but the Equipment for like the Electronic systems package, Weopons and etc are imported from countries like India, China, Russia.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I believe Myanmar makes ships Indigenously and the Sensors like Radars and other Electronic systems are basically Imported from India.

To be honest ,Basically Myanmar builds their own ships but the Equipment for like the Electronic systems package, Weopons and etc are imported from countries like India, China, Russia.
Some coastal patrol boats and local variants of rifles and ammunition. But that's it. Most of the heavier platforms are all imports from China, Russia and us. Also a bit from countries like Israel and older pre-sanction European equipment.

We need to become more serious about engaging with them on trading for natural resources. Myanmar is like the Qatar of east; sitting on huge fields of natural gas that we badly need. I still remember the LNG crisis that we had in Mizoram and Manipur due to the stupid strike that happened in 2016, driving cooking gas cylinder prices to Rs.1,000 a cylinder.

This shouldn't happen when there is an ocean of gas supplier sitting ride across the border. China has been smart in investing in Myanmar's gas fields. We also need to increase our presence big time and connect as much with them as possible.

NATO can fuck off for all we care since they don't have to worry about their national security and a huge border.

Our engagement with Myanmar needs to be more commercialized. They are one of our few Subcontinental neighbours who actually have some degree of respect for us. Not to mention that once Hasina retires, the Islamists will take over in Bangladesh and we will have the same Mexican standoff that we had 50 years ago.

Better to have a pro-India, Buddhist Myanmar on our side for this.

Varoon2

Country flag
This can go in the Economics section as well, since it's not just 'strategic'.

Kolkata: The Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port in Kolkata, formerly known as Kolkata Port, will commence a trial run of a cargo ship on May 4 to test a facility in Sittwe, Myanmar, as part of the Kaladan Multimodal Transit Transport project, informed Union Minister Santanu Thakur.

The opening of the Sittwe port will enhance trade and commerce between India and Myanmar by providing an alternative route to India's landlocked northeastern

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles