India cannot grow, if states like UP, WB, Bihar lags behind.

Iamanidiot

Orissa is a horrible place and the only places of civilization in Orissa are Cuttack,Bhuvaneshwar and Puri

Iamanidiot

You didn't do anything except whining and mindless trolling.
No I actually stated the intent why would South Indians hard earned money be wasted on corrupt north Indian states in a federal structutre?

Galaxy

Country flag
No I actually stated the intent why would South Indians hard earned money be wasted on corrupt north Indian states in a federal structutre?
Again South India ?

West India is also doing very well.

Even many states in North like Haryana, Delhi, Punjab, HP, etc. are also doing well. Per capita of Delhi, Haryana is far better than any South Indian state. Even Gujarat and Mah doing better than south Indian states. City wise also, Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Jaipur are fine.

Even if you want to blame, Do for WB and UP only and not whole country except 4 states. Bihar has started improving it's number.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I have hopes for Bihar, as long as Biharis don't lose their senses and vote back the likes of Laloo.

I have no hope for UP - people think that Akhilesh Yadav will do some magic. The reality is that he cannot change zilch in that goonda party called SP. UP will stagnate for the next 5 years at least - after that, we have to see.

I have no hope for WB. In the best case, WB will stagnate. In the worst case, it will compress and experience negative economic growth (considering inflation). WB is doomed. UP will at least stay afloat and plod along, and will even have some good growth in NCR region - but WB is completely doomed. That state will be a screwed over by Mamata Banerjee in the next few years.

KS

Bye bye DFI
The main reason is the regional political parties are ruling the roost in these two states. The regional politics is a major drag to these economies yes people can give exception of TN. But by and large the point is true
Not true...if the regional parties are clever.

They can simply latch onto the winning horse - NDA or UPA and continue getting funds for their state. Like how DMK has been a part of the Central Govt right from 1999.

In case of national parties ruling the state, that is not possible.

Iamanidiot

Again South India ?

West India is also doing very well.

Even many states in North like Haryana, Delhi, Punjab, HP, etc. are also doing well. Per capita of Delhi, Haryana is far better than any South Indian state. Even Gujarat and Mah doing better than south Indian states. City wise also, Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Jaipur are fine.

Even if you want to blame, Do for WB and UP only and not whole country except 4 states. Bihar has started improving it's number.
Barring gujarat Delhi and Haryana are matchboxes whose growth is due to the presence of Delhi and high growth in real-estate.What west -India wants is not my problem but I have a problem with my tax money going to ultra corrupt BIMARU states.Bihar is just limping it nowhere an economic superpower

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
Barring gujarat Delhi and Haryana are matchboxes whose growth is due to the presence of Delhi.What west -India wants is not my problem but I have a problem with my tax money going to ultra corrupt BIMARU states.Bihar is just limping it nowhere an economic superpower
Your concern is genuine. Even i feel that i am paying so much of tax and eventually, states like UP and WB asking for special package. If UPA-2. gives due to political pressure/reason, It will be wastage due to incompetent, regressive and corrupt government, and if not, then problem will remain same.

Unfortunately our democracy is not perfect and i don't see any solution until people of these states take some initiative like they did in Bihar by throwing out lalu completely that there is no opposition today.

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Personally speaking from my experience, I have NO Hope for West Bengal; not because of Mamta or Communists, it's the people who are lethargic and freeloaders (no offence to Hard working Bengalis world over)!! They just don't wanna work hard; however, want everything to be subsidized or free AND talk how great the bengali culture is! Man it makes me laugh, when I compare Bengalis of WB and Bengalis living outside Bengal! Vast Difference in attitude however what is common is sham sense of superiority ,which falls apart after 2-3 drinks! :)

Bihar will improve and is improving! If Biharis, don't bring back Lalloo and Sadhu Yadavs.....Even today, Laloo is strong within Yadav and Muslim dominated areas! Any split in anti-goonda vote and we will see Lalloo/goondas rise to power yet again in Bihar!

UP has a lot of potential, but I find majority of UPiets too Dumb lame but few are Visionaries ....They are short-sighted and do not display any understanding towards Development, Intellect and Pride!! Election of Mulayam Yadav's SP goonda party or BSP solidifies my opinion. On the other hand across the border, Biharis even the illiterate show great sense of Pride in the country and has an urge for development! What a contrast!

P.S: I stand by what I have written about UPites -They are certified Dumb people, the things they discuss and talk, and their understaning of national and local issues will make your brains blow out!

Last edited:

amitkriit

This is where another solution comes if they don't move forward the people of other states may want partition.Afterall I can spend my funds in other areas in my own region .
Yep makes sense, and those "poor" states must ask the centre to release it's control over their natural resources which are extracted from there and supplied to the "rich and better" states. Even better those "poor" states must ask the centre to return every penny which was taken away from them since 1947. Center must stop mining in those mineral-rich states, all those resources must be declared as the property of the locals, so that they can force all the industries to set up their base in those states instead of locations from where they can easily export the finished goods.

What have people of Assam gained from those Oil wells? What have people of Jharkhand, West bengal, MP, Orissa gained from those Coal, Iron, Copper mines? Poverty, Displacement and Exploitation? What else?

pmaitra

Yep makes sense, and those "poor" states must ask the centre to release it's control over their natural resources which are extracted from there and supplied to the "rich and better" states. Even better those "poor" states must ask the centre to return every penny which was taken away from them since 1947. Center must stop mining in those mineral-rich states, all those resources must be declared as the property of the locals, so that they can force all the industries to set up their base in those states instead of locations from where they can easily export the finished goods.

What have people of Assam gained from those Oil wells? What have people of Jharkhand, West bengal, MP, Orissa gained from those Coal, Iron, Copper mines? Poverty, Displacement and Exploitation? What else?
Well said Amit. Some of the most mineral rich states are Jharkhand, Chhatisgarh, Orissa, WB, and Assam, yet, there hasn't been commensurate growth in these states. Blame License Raj and siphoning off of the natural resources by the centre for decades.

Iamanidiot, if these states declared independence in 1947, they probably would have been much better off today. Thankfully, not everyone in this country is filled with hatred and divisive mentality.

Get some help!

pmaitra

For UP the SC's and OBC's are its only hope for development.I have seen enough UP thakurs and brahmins and frankly their attitudes doesn't impress me
Ever heard of Kanu Sanyal? Ever heard of Dipankar Bhattacharya? All Brahmins, and all fought for the benefit of the Dalits.

Ever heard of Vivekananda? He was a Kayastha. Read his comments on Dalits.

Ever hear of Chaitanyadev? He was a Brahmin too, and he was chastised for sitting and eating with Muslims. Today, ISKON exists all over the world.

Your anti-Brahmin bile is getting more and more obnoxious.

Iamanidiot

Ever heard of Kanu Sanyal? Ever heard of Dipankar Bhattacharya? All Brahmins, and all fought for the benefit of the Dalits.

Ever heard of Vivekananda? He was a Kayastha. Read his comments on Dalits.

Ever hear of Chaitanyadev? He was a Brahmin too, and he was chastised for sitting and eating with Muslims. Today, ISKON exists all over the world.

Your anti-Brahmin bile is getting more and more obnoxious.
Bitch how much you want but none of their symbolic protests changed the situation the ground it is the likes of Ambedhkar,Periyar and Phule who changed the society ,By the way why do no individuals from the lower castes of Bengal ever became its chief minister?It really is
suprising despite Bengal being the bastion of free thoug and liberality

parijataka

Country flag
In my mind states in the Gangetic plains have huge potential, unfortunately poor governance has lead to their current backwardness. I visited Varanasi last month and it is one of the dirtiest places I can imagine. The Ramnagar fort that is open to public had 2 feet wide pan stains on the walls where the Maharaja's vintage cars are kept. If the cars were any nearer the wire that separates them from the visitors those would also be covered with pan stains. No sense of pride in our heritage, yet Varanasi is such an incredibly beautiful city. Surprisingly Ganga ji seems to be relatively healthy. Plenty of frogs and fish jumping around, perhaps it is her holy nature that shields her from all the dirt and dirt that is thrown in.

UP, Bihar and WB - all three incredibly rich in culture and history but bad attitude of people holding them back. Bihar though seems to be pulling back from the edge.

Iamanidiot

Personally speaking from my experience, I have NO Hope for West Bengal; not because of Mamta or Communists, it's the people who are lethargic and freeloaders (no offence to Hard working Bengalis world over)!! They just don't wanna work hard; however, want everything to be subsidized or free AND talk how great the bengali culture is! Man it makes me laugh, when I compare Bengalis of WB and Bengalis living outside Bengal! Vast Difference in attitude however what is common is sham sense of superiority ,which falls apart after 2-3 drinks! :)

Bihar will improve and is improving! If Biharis, don't bring back Lalloo and Sadhu Yadavs.....Even today, Laloo is strong within Yadav and Muslim dominated areas! Any split in anti-goonda vote and we will see Lalloo/goondas rise to power yet again in Bihar!

UP has a lot of potential, but I find majority of UPiets too Dumb lame but few are Visionaries ....They are short-sighted and do not display any understanding towards Development, Intellect and Pride!! Election of Mulayam Yadav's SP goonda party or BSP solidifies my opinion. On the other hand across the border, Biharis even the illiterate show great sense of Pride in the country and has an urge for development! What a contrast!

P.S: I stand by what I have written about UPites -They are certified Dumb people, the things they discuss and talk, and their understaning of national and local issues will make your brains blow out!
You nailed the Bengal part accurately

Iamanidiot

In my mind states in the Gangetic plains have huge potential, unfortunately poor governance has lead to their current backwardness. I visited Varanasi last month and it is one of the dirtiest places I can imagine. The Ramnagar fort that is open to public had 2 feet wide pan stains on the walls where the Maharaja's vintage cars are kept. If the cars were any nearer the wire that separates them from the visitors those would also be covered with pan stains. No sense of pride in our heritage, yet Varanasi is such an incredibly beautiful city. Surprisingly Ganga ji seems to be relatively healthy. Plenty of frogs and fish jumping around, perhaps it is her holy nature that shields her from all the dirt and dirt that is thrown in.

UP, Bihar and WB - all three incredibly rich in culture and history but bad attitude of people holding them back. Bihar though seems to be pulling back from the edge.
Culture is'nt worth anything,it is all about economy and good governance that is important

parijataka

Country flag

Long back there used to be some serial on DD about a village set in 1950's and title song went like this - `kale jal main sookh raha sagara jeevan tal...` Describes UP and WB very well. UP - no pride in their culture and heritage and WB - opposite, i.e. too much pride and basking in past glory.

pmaitra

Dear Members,

Please continue to express your opinions without fear or prejudice. Just avoid using words like highlighted in red below.

Also refer to this thread as a guideline: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/rules/4-general-rules.html

Thanks!

Bitch how much you want but none of their symbolic protests changed the situation the ground it is the likes of Ambedhkar,Periyar and Phule who changed the society ,By the way why do no individuals from the lower castes of Bengal ever became its chief minister?It really is
suprising despite Bengal being the bastion of free thoug and liberality

Global Defence

New threads

Articles