Govt cracks whip on 'obscene' deo ads

Parthy

Air Warrior
The government has cracked down on "obscene" deodorant advertisements directing advertisers to modify them or take them off air. The I&B ministry has asked the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) to take action and submit a report within five days.

The move comes after the ministry received complaints regarding deodorant advertisements of various brands. Citing about seven instances where advertisements were found to be violating the advertising code, the ministry in its order said, "These ads appear indecent, vulgar and suggestive and hence appear to violate rule 7(8) of the Advertising Code."

The advertisements were also found violating the Cable Television Networks Rules that says, "...the cable operator shall ensure that the portrayal of the female form, in the programmes carried in his cable service, is tasteful and aesthetic, and is within the well established norms of good taste and decency."

TOI

A.V.

The guy was more naked than the chick
Guys running naked has a more serious concern for society these days than naked chicks.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
"...the cable operator shall ensure that the portrayal of the female form, in the programmes carried in his cable service, is tasteful and aesthetic, and is within the well established norms of good taste and decency."
TOI
No one cares about the male form? Maybe someone should launch a lawsuit against this gender discrimination.

sob

Mod
Country flag
These are the most tasteless ads on TV and need to be pulled off more for bad taste and nothing else.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Yes, I am just bored of this skin marketing. I will gladly go back to Dhoordarshan days given the choice. The TV is become a monster telling the equally dumb monstrous public how to be and what to do. All this translates to unwanted stress and tasteless desires in the mind.

Although i must say, i am not against being naked or showing skin, if it is only in a natural and innocent way, something not to feel shy about your body or how you look, it should not be in an enticing and seducing or disturbing way. Thats what is wrong with this skin display. We need to desensitising the public from both the Burka and the Bikini both are obscene ways of looking at oneself and they both are sex related.

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
The solution lies with all us it is called the remote control.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
The solution lies with all us it is called the remote control.
TV is shit these days and Its funny, i dont watch TV at all anymore. I spend a lot of time on the net reading stuff and looking at what i want. Even that i will cut down when it become a pain.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles