DRDO to test Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle

captscooby81

Country flag
don t we have MIRV in our AGNI 4 or AGNI 5 already ???? or this one is something completely different from the the ballistic missiles MIRV ???

I am thinking if this separation is perfected than MIRV is next ligical sequence.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I had seen a video which said that Agni Iv is a boost glide vehicle. If any knowledgeable member has any knowledge than they are requested to throw some light on the subject. I believe it is a normal ballastic missile.

Thank you in Advance.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
don t we have MIRV in our AGNI 4 or AGNI 5 already ???? or this one is something completely different from the the ballistic missiles MIRV ???
Thats one way of release of MIRV, nose cone will have to move out of way.

Chinmoy

Country flag
@captscooby81 ....For any BM like Agni 4 or 5, nose cone separation is an integral part. Do remember that RV of these missiles are well encapsulated in boost phase. Its only during mid course in sub orbital flight that the RV is released. Now MIRV is nothing but number of small RVs instead of a single bigger one. They are systematically released one after another to follow a pre-projected path. So instead of nose cone separation, the challenge in MIRV is all about math in their release.

In case of this HSTDV, the nose cone separation would happen in earth atmosphere unlike Agni. After that the HSV in it would get kicked off. So getting the Nose Cone separated in supersonic speed inside earth's atmosphere is real challenge for this missile. Now you could also understand why I was so skeptic regarding MIRVed Ababeel which is an MRBM and would not attend a sub orbital flight stage.

@HariPrasad-1 .... Boost Glide Vehicle is nothing but an MARV. I think we did discussed it in one of the thread started by someone from border paar... :biggrin2:

If you would have a look at the sleek RV of A4, which is far away from the other Agni series RVs, you would get a fair idea of what it has been designed for.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
@captscooby81 ....For any BM like Agni 4 or 5, nose cone separation is an integral part. Do remember that RV of these missiles are well encapsulated in boost phase. Its only during mid course in sub orbital flight that the RV is released. Now MIRV is nothing but number of small RVs instead of a single bigger one. They are systematically released one after another to follow a pre-projected path. So instead of nose cone separation, the challenge in MIRV is all about math in their release.

In case of this HSTDV, the nose cone separation would happen in earth atmosphere unlike Agni. After that the HSV in it would get kicked off. So getting the Nose Cone separated in supersonic speed inside earth's atmosphere is real challenge for this missile. Now you could also understand why I was so skeptic regarding MIRVed Ababeel which is an MRBM and would not attend a sub orbital flight stage.

@HariPrasad-1 .... Boost Glide Vehicle is nothing but an MARV. I think we did discussed it in one of the thread started by someone from border paar... :biggrin2:

If you would have a look at the sleek RV of A4, which is far away from the other Agni series RVs, you would get a fair idea of what it has been designed for.
Please elaborate further about A4 warhead and its design.

captscooby81

Country flag
I think this video shows what MIRV is all about .. Also throw some light on why A4 is slim to slender like shilpa shetty and A5 is chubby bubbly like Vidya Balan :biggrin2: ..

As usual look at our pathetic Paki pigs copied the same video and posted it as Ababeel MIRV :rofl:

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
Please elaborate further about A4 warhead and its design.
I can't go deep into the design details of A4 as I am not the right person for that. But nevertheless let us have a look at it with whatever we do have in open forum.

To tell you the truth, A4 is something intermediate of A2 and A3. If you do look at the range of A3 and A5, you would notice that A3 too is an ICBM rather then an IRBM. Official range of A3 does stretch from 3k to 5k whereas A5 doe shave an official range of 5.5k. A4 has been more of an TD in between A3 and A2 rather then exceeding A3 which has been a norm with other Agni series missiles.

A4 has demonstrated many advanced tech like composite rocket motor and reentry heat shield along with micro navigation. Now interesting thing is reentry heat shield and composite rocket motor is norm in any modern BM. But when you talk about Micro Navigation, these is the tech for any MIRV. But being an IRBM it doesn't travel to a sub orbital altitude. All of its flight time is endoatmospheric. For this same reason it does have an unique RV shape just like Pershing II.

Pershing_II_MARV.jpg

This is Pershing II RV.

Agni.jpg

Agni_400x300.jpg

Now have a look at A4 RV and deduct yourself.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I can't go deep into the design details of A4 as I am not the right person for that. But nevertheless let us have a look at it with whatever we do have in open forum.

To tell you the truth, A4 is something intermediate of A2 and A3. If you do look at the range of A3 and A5, you would notice that A3 too is an ICBM rather then an IRBM. Official range of A3 does stretch from 3k to 5k whereas A5 doe shave an official range of 5.5k. A4 has been more of an TD in between A3 and A2 rather then exceeding A3 which has been a norm with other Agni series missiles.

A4 has demonstrated many advanced tech like composite rocket motor and reentry heat shield along with micro navigation. Now interesting thing is reentry heat shield and composite rocket motor is norm in any modern BM. But when you talk about Micro Navigation, these is the tech for any MIRV. But being an IRBM it doesn't travel to a sub orbital altitude. All of its flight time is endoatmospheric. For this same reason it does have an unique RV shape just like Pershing II.

View attachment 14857

This is Pershing II RV.

View attachment 14858

View attachment 14859

Now have a look at A4 RV and deduct yourself.
The picture is of A2 and not A4.

Chinmoy

Country flag
The picture is of A2 and not A4.
:).... Hope you have heard of A1P, where P stands for prime. In the same manner, very recently it has been released to open media that A4 is actually A2P.
A4 from day one is been designed to bridge the gap in between A2 and 3. The warhead of A4 is just like that of A2. I've used them just to show its near simlarity to Pershing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles