Did Islam Ruin Afghanistan ?

Discussion in 'Subcontinent & Central Asia' started by shinoj, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

No such thing happened. People of NW India instantly became muslims peacefully without any sword play, rape, plunder or murder. Islamic leaders were paragons of religious tolerance :truestory:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  2. Mad Indian

et tu brute:shocked:

3. TrueSpirit1

TrueSpirit1 The Nobody Banned

Sir, he is from mainland Indian from the Hindi-Hindu heartland. Sanskrit is as easy to him as is Hindi & he is quite well-read (real books, not Internet forums) at a younger age, than most. He studies at one the oldest & most reputed universities in India. Especially, when it comes to Sanskrit & Indian history, I doubt anyone (on DFI) has an comparable handle at it, than him. He is student of this subject.

He is born & brought up in the city of that supreme deity which was your username on another defence forum for years.

While we may or may not agree with him, his arguments have merit if you hear them out dispassionately & objectively.

I myself do not subscribe to his views one bit as he is not a sincere poster & posts just for the heck of it (without much conviction). He is extremely malleable & easy to persuade through a dose of facts + rhetoric. He does not have a mind of his own (totally confused), because he has read a little too much. Manipulating his though process is quite simple, trust me. But, he enjoys informed debate & has enough ammunition to put the best of Internet-scholars on the backfoot.

So, lets give it back to him as good as we get (without getting all riled up). By the way, he is just a kid in early twenties so his propensity is understandable.

You can speak to him directly & his origins/background would be revealed. Lets keep this "Paki origin" thing aside. This is spoiling the debate.

4. TrueSpirit1

Why, mate ? I firmly believe what bennedose is saying is correct to a great extent.

I cannot get myself to accept Pratap's assertion unless he shares some evidences.

5. TrueSpirit1

Sir, are you implying that Vedic culture is more preserved (or, equally intact) in Af-stan as it is in Hindi mainland ? :tsk:

Come one Sir, we expect much better from you.

For all you professional competence, accomplishments & incomparable experience, please do not disappoint us & let amateurs like Pratap steal the show.

6. shinoj

shinoj Tihar Jail Banned

These are my Views on this Topic and some of the surrogate topics which are floating here.

Islam did ruin Afghanistan and not only afghanistan , also Pakistan and Bangladesh.
    Western Historians are quite Over rated and those who take Indian Historians as Cock and Bull story as Fools in my Eyes.
    Those who think that Afghanistan and Pakistan have culture of their own are Bigger Fools and those Hindus who believe that are the Biggest of all considering all the atrocities they did on Us.

And anyone who will agree on this and quote like that i will like them regardless of what they say on other threads.I read only what people write.

7. TrueSpirit1

While I am in sync with many points of this post, can you substantiate this:

Where is this coming from ? Has anthropological studies established so ? If not, how did you arrive upon this ?

8. Mad Indian

Bennedose is saying the exact same thing and has also added the fact that, if you consider that Afghanistan and Pakistan are ruined because of Islam, then it would also be true for UP and Bihar in the same way. So how is he wrong here?

Selective myopia?

9. shinoj

shinoj Tihar Jail Banned

I thought it was implied that Hinduism led to the ruins of UP and Bihar However if they are saying Islam has led to the ruins then i will be open to that Discussion. Afterall, due to the called Secular Agenda or appeasements of Muslims people like Mulayam and Laloo ruled them far too long.

Although i would say Casteism has also played a big Role in the Degradation of UP and Bihar because of people like Mayavati.

10. TrueSpirit1

How do we know that ? Any evidences ?

Brahmanism was as much prevalent there as was Budhhism culture, is what I know.

I see some exaggeration here & I am ok with that. The problem is: Repeated exaggerations ruin the pitch of the original argument & knocks out the real substance of whatever was there in the first place.

But you do not stop there. You are categorically denying the entire existence of Hindu-shahi / Kabul-shahi regimes whose court language was Sanskrit. This is outright fibbing, untenable to your stature. :facepalm:

Could be. I dont know.

Yes, kingdoms Indo-gangetic plains collapsed within a few months like a heap, which is an extraordinary event in history of mankind.

Someone please create a separate thread to discuss this. @Virendra is our resident expert when it comes to medieval history.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  11. Mad Indian

And people like Advani are not?:rolleyes:

And no cherry picking, casteism has destroyed the entire indian state and not just UP and Bihar. It had been so from time immemorial and not just vote bank politics

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  12. shinoj

shinoj Tihar Jail Banned

Wow.. When was Advani at the helm of any Power ? Was he a Chief Minister or a Prime Minister ? How can be held responsible for the lack of Development of UP and Bihar.

This is incredible allegation.

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  13. Mad Indian

Mayawati was one of the better CMs of the UP state considering the thugs in power now. The reason she was hounded by media was because of her dalit background:rolleyes:

By advani, i meant how castist he is. We all know the resistence faced by Modi for being an obc within the BJP. As I said, no cherry picking. If you want to insinuate the caste politics, lets be honest a bit more on all sides.

14. TrueSpirit1

Sir, could you please show me what is incorrect with the statement that I have quoted above ? What is untrue there ?

Throughout the thread, you have been desperately trying to establish that Af-stan is as much culturally intact as is Hindi-heartland.

Do yo have any idea how ridiculous you sound ? Can you show me 1 individual in the world who supports such blatantly incongruous statement of yours ?

That you have the misplaced audacity to say so, reveals negative effects of age-ing (senility is the word, right ?) Please feel free to get offended. And, your lack of knowledge about anything Indian.

The language, religion & culture in Hindi heartland is still Vedic at core. Not so in case of Af-stan.

Hindi, Hindu & Vedic vs. Perso-Islamic. Use your brain, please.

So, Islam destroyed Af-stan more & permanently than it could do to Hindi-heartland who have already recovered unlike Af-stan. Period.

This settles the debate. Please do not continue your desperate endeavors towards losing all respect in eyes of readers.

Your tirades are getting too tired to believe :rotfl:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  15. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

She was hounded by her own big elephant statues! But yes, she was 100 times better than SP.

16. TrueSpirit1

Reciprocity would be appreciated, especially from someone of your stature.

On second thoughts, forget it (that someone even mentioned it).

17. Pratap

Pratap Tihar Jail Banned

All this is plain rubbish. Mayawati extracted money from Police Officers directly, SP does it through its goons. The number of Minsisters going to jail during BSP was a record in history of UP. Ramapati Ram Tripathi, ex State President of UP BJP rightly said," Choosing between Maya and Mulayam is like choosing between Naga and Nagin"

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  18. Pratap

Pratap Tihar Jail Banned

It was Advani who saved Modi from being sacked in post 2002 . Advani tried to stop Modi for the same reason why so many Indian Kings murdered their father- lust for power. It was not based on any casteist prejudice.

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  19. Mad Indian

I agree with what you say, but do you really think media was fair and proportionate in their depiction of BSP?

Is the SP getting such a bad press BSP was getting when it was in power?

20. Mad Indian

Advani was NOT the ONLY person who tried to stop Modi in BJP. And please dont think I am an idiot to not understand the difference between personal power struggle and casteist politics

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.