DFI - AV/Hi-Fi & Allied Gear Discussion Thread

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
(Not sure if you need help anymore but anyway) I would advise against using external fans. In my experience they blow in too much dust. You should use something like msi afterburner to set a fan curve for your gpu if you are worried about temps. 70 is a fairly average and should be nothing to worry about. Here is the fan curve i use for my 1070, with the average temperature being 65c.
[View attachment 18027
Haha, thanks, it worked very well, now my GPU temp stays at 63c than previous 70c, though it starts to make noise...

A chauhan

Country flag
Today I played "the Hunter call of the wild" 1080p high-ultra settings, with fog-off, and the fps hovered from 29 minimum to 42 maximum, avg fps was around 36 which was playable. But I had hoped for more...Avg temperature was 62... Avg VRAM use was 3.7gb... Don't know what to call it... The game has some problems it looks grainy even on ultra settings, trees at distance look pixelated, searched a lot but nothing helped...

An Angry Potato

Haha, thanks, it worked very well, now my GPU temp stays at 63c than previous 70c, though it starts to make noise...
Today I played "the Hunter call of the wild" 1080p high-ultra settings, with fog-off, and the fps hovered from 29 minimum to 42 maximum, avg fps was around 36 which was playable. But I had hoped for more...Avg temperature was 62... Avg VRAM use was 3.7gb... Don't know what to call it... The game has some problems it looks grainy even on ultra settings, trees at distance look pixelated, searched a lot but nothing helped...
Game engine issue. Developers didn't bother to optimize their game. It runs poorly on all systems. Try out something like the witcher 3 or DOOM if you want to experience great visuals and performance

A chauhan

Country flag
Game engine issue. Developers didn't bother to optimize their game. It runs poorly on all systems. Try out something like the witcher 3 or DOOM if you want to experience great visuals and performance
Actually The Hunter CotW is simply stunning when you enter into a jungle, then its graphics become incomparable with lots of detail and clarity but when you look at the distant trees they look grainy and pixelated.

A chauhan

Country flag
Yheahh..it doesn't work, leave it.

Get this, it is a generic water cooling block.

It's cheap at 9$. Just connect it to any tubing that fits it, and add a water pump (these are available for 200rs at decoration stores and fish tank stores). Good quality liquid cooling in under 1k. The same exact shit, if you buy it from a branded 'gaming' parts provider, it costs 10k.

After wasting 6k on air cooled heat sinks (CM 212 + 2 high pressure fans +3 case fans), I realized that this was much cheaper, much more cooling efficient, less noisy and no dust issues.

This is the EVGA CLC 280 (10krs). Not worth the price. You could put that money in a better GPU.

And what did you use in place of radiator ?

gekko

And what did you use in place of radiator ?
The water container which you use itself serves as a radiator. Open loop water coolers don't face the same constraints as a closed loop cooling radiator (limited fluid). The reservoir itself acts like a heat sink. Use any container and simply circulate the water through the heat exchanger, eventually the whole system will average out to the cumulative temperature of the GPU (+) and the water reservoir (-).

You can choose your reservoir based on your convenience, it could be a small jar like this :

Or, a slightly larger container :

Or if, you are a 'bade acche lagte hai' kinda guy, then :

Check this :

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/07/amd-ryzen-3-1300x-1200/?amp=1

AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and 1200: True quad-core CPUs for just $130 and $110

Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200, AMD's budget-focused quad-core CPUs, launch today for $130 and $110 respectively. UK pricing is yet to be confirmed, but don't expect much change from £120 and £100 respectively...

@aditya10r @gekko @An Angry Potato

Have they launched it ?
Naacho bhai naacho.

Yes it is available in india.

===================================

Here it is.
https://www.mdcomputers.in/processor?product_id=6984

Last edited:

gekko

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/07/amd-ryzen-3-1300x-1200/?amp=1

AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and 1200: True quad-core CPUs for just $130 and $110

Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200, AMD's budget-focused quad-core CPUs, launch today for $130 and $110 respectively. UK pricing is yet to be confirmed, but don't expect much change from £120 and £100 respectively...

@aditya10r @gekko @An Angry Potato

Have they launched it ?
Excellent value for money. Ryzen 3 1200 compares to i5- 3750k in performance benchmarks. The price difference is huge. The i5 is almost twice the price of the Ryzen and the latter has 8mb L3 cache as opposed to 6mb cache in i5. Take it.

A chauhan

Country flag
R3 1200 for ₹8967/- &
R3 1300x for ₹10383/-

I have i3 6100, since I am not a hard core gamer or encoder so no upgrade for now... Perhaps next year I'll change mobo, processor and ram together...

A chauhan

Country flag
…..............................
. 30 characters......

A chauhan

Country flag
I meant what would you prefer to use when playing games, music and movies ?

A hi-fi consists of 2 speakers - front left and front right.

Whereas an HT consists of 6 speakers - front left, front right, centre, rear left, rear right, one sub woofer which is known as .1.

Though I use a combo of both, still I want to know your opinion. :biggrin2:
Too many variables

-Budget
-room size
-tv size
-movies vs music. Usage?
You are right, so let's assume that we have a hall or home theater, full budget, 43 inch tv or bigger, all round use.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
for music, stereo all the way! though like you, in some instances, like say instrumentals, i use virtual or multi-channel stereo also for music. sounds pleasing.

for gaming & movies, its a no-brainer - digital surround modes (i have 7 spkrs & a sub in atmos config).

Krusty

Country flag
I meant what would you prefer to use when playing games, music and movies ?

A hi-fi consists of 2 speakers - front left and front right.

Whereas an HT consists of 6 speakers - front left, front right, centre, rear left, rear right, one sub woofer which is known as .1.

Though I use a combo of both, still I want to know your opinion. :biggrin2:

You are right, so let's assume that we have a hall or home theater, full budget, 43 inch tv or bigger, all round use.
If you have a big room and full Budget and intend to watch a lot of movies, it's criminal to go for a hifi.

Get a good amplifier (almost always the most expensive bit and if you are into movies, you will need lots of power) and choose the speakers as per your preference . 7.1/9.1 your choice. You either have packages for speakers or you can pick and choose your sub/towers and satellite speakers. Centre channel is the most important for movies. Either way, if you can afford it and have the proper room, a properly put up home theatre all the way irrespective of music or movies/gaming. You can always mix/match speakers for your preferences

A chauhan

Country flag
Centre channel is the most important for movies. Either way, if you can afford it and have the proper room, a properly put up home theatre all the way.
Interesting, your that statement clarifies many concepts, center is a must for movies or tv mode, but useless for music mode :truestory: in fact it ruins the music.

But I just wanted to know it, it's not that I am going to purchase a costly 7.1 or hi fi. I wanted to explore the possibilities of hooking these two types of systems together for better experience & use.

Does anyone have a good mid priced combo for hooking together in his mind?

Krusty

Country flag
But I just wanted to know it, it's not that I am going to purchase a costly 7.1 or hi fi. I wanted to explore the possibilities of hooking these two types of systems together
Why????? For what purpose? Unless you already have some old hifi speakers lying around...

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Interesting, your that statement clarifies many concepts, center is a must for movies or tv mode, but useless for music mode :truestory: in fact it ruins the music.

But I just wanted to know it, it's not that I am going to purchase a costly 7.1 or hi fi. I wanted to explore the possibilities of hooking these two types of systems together for better experience & use.

Does anyone have a good mid priced combo for hooking together in his mind?
the best bet probably would be to get such fronts which'd reproduce music also well (as i wrote earlier, movie+music enjoyment can be had from one system itself, unless you are pure audiophile-grade nut), plus wont lack the oomph in movies. there are umpteen bookshelves which can do that. or even floorstanders (for eg, pioneer sp-fs52 come to mind). else, customised options (which i have). but ofcourse, first link in the chain is also very important - the amplifier/AVR. there are stereo integrated amps specially for music, and AVRs which do justice to music as well as movies. ofcoure you may be knowing that. i dont know what can i add more to it.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles