Coup d'état in Turkey?

pmaitra

Once again, there seems to be an alleged indication that the US might have known about it beforehand:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Coup should be learnt by world armies from the Egyptian Army.
First they had Hosni Mubarak.
Then Muslim Brotherhood Morsi came and tried to hang Mubarak.
Ultimately though, the Army came to the rescue of their President and now the tables have turned for Morsi. Now he faces death. What a great turn of events!

pmaitra

Coup should be learnt by world armies from the Egyptian Army.
First they had Hosni Mubarak.
Then Muslim Brotherhood Morsi came and tried to hang Mubarak.
Ultimately though, the Army came to the rescue of their President and now the tables have turned for Morsi. Now he faces death. What a great turn of events!
I am not fan of military rule, but the alternative is an ISIS or Islamic Brotherhood takeover.

All the ancient Egyptian ruins, the Spinx, the Pyramids, etc. will be bombed and demolished. Al-Sisi is a blessing for Egypt.

pmaitra

What should Greece do? Do you think Greece should give them asylum?

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
I am not fan of military rule, but the alternative is an ISIS or Islamic Brotherhood takeover.

All the ancient Egyptian ruins, the Spinx, the Pyramids, etc. will be bombed and demolished. Al-Sisi is a blessing for Egypt.
Blessing indeed. Egypt is much more peaceful place now compared to what it was under the tyranny of Morsi. Now, they are even showing interest in cooperating with the Russians. If some nations can be kept at peace under military boots, so be it.

pmaitra

Since sometime now, Erdogan has been fawning like a dog before Vladimir, asking for forgiveness. But, Vladimir Vladimirovich is no one to forgive, God forgives, Бог прощает.
So, he will just arrange for Erdogan's meeting with God.
Ha ha ha.

KGP Colonel versus Wahhabi bootlicker

VS

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
What should Greece do? Do you think Greece should give them asylum?

Greece is a purely European nation. Being in the Mediterranean, they know full well the barbarous ways of the Anatolians. I would be surprised if they did not give them asylum or a full top-up of the fuel tank.

pmaitra

Blessing indeed. Egypt is much more peaceful place now compared to what it was under the tyranny of Morsi. Now, they are even showing interest in cooperating with the Russians. If some nations can be kept at peace under military boots, so be it.
True. The western style democracy, free speech, respect for rule of law, etc., doesn't seem to work well in some of these countries.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
@hit&run, more about your question on US nukes in Turkey:

If NATO was unaware of this coup and coup was independent of their dictation then this is going send shiver down their spines.

@spikey360 I read somewhere that this base has nuke delivery capable Bombers (B2 ??).

pmaitra

Ok guys, here is a question:

Some Turkich soldiers have fled to Greece and are seeking asylum. What should Greece do?

Obviously, Turkey will not attack Greece, because Greece is a NATO member. Or will it?

Added:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
@spikey360 I read somewhere that this base has nuke delivery capable Bombers (B2 ??).
Although I cannot confirm otherwise, but is highly possible that all long range bombers, including the B2 are kept in Continental US as a permanent base. They are too valuable assets to be kept permanently in offshore bases.
Of course, it has lots of nuclear tipped missiles aimed at Russia.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Ok guys, here is a question:

Some Turkich soldiers have fled to Greece and are seeking asylum. What should Greece do?

Obviously, Turkey will not attack Greece, because Greece is a NATO member. Or will it?

Added:

I don't think Erdogan will make things more difficult from him.

I can also see Obama making pro democratic comments which other member states are going to follow, thus will cooperate with Turkey or at least avoid refusing on their face; may not expedite.

If I am Erdogan, as a politician I am going to talk tough for domestic audience and soft with rest of the world. Since we do not know what is transpiring in Turkey everything is mere speculation.

Neil

Country flag
Maybe the turkish army is incompetent but that is not a conclusion to be drawn from this incident.
It was staged and aparently the soldiers didn't even know it was a coup, they thought it was a training exercise.
:wtf:
True that, the entire sequence of events come across as a reality tv shows with every angle showing just one emerging hero

pmaitra

Why ban flights now, do you know?
I don't really know, but I could guess.
  • Neither Russia, nor the US want Turkish nationals fleeing Turkey and claiming asylum. It will only complicate matters.
  • Neither Russia, nor the US want ISIS terrorists coming to these countries in the guise of asylum seekers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles