Computer Console Gaming thread

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
If people here are interested, I tried low cost e-gpu setup and converted by 2011-12 laptop into media/moderate gaming setup. Most would already know but for beginners it basically adds external graphic card to laptop to make it gaming capable because processor power of 2-3Ghz clocked processor is enough if you have good enough GPU.

Total I spent about $250 to buy following 3 items during black friday:
1. GTX 1060 3GB EVGA
2. 500W EVGA
3. EXP GDC 8.0+ version.

My laptop is dell l502x having i7-2630 processor with 8GB RAM. Now with e-gpu, I get 50+ FPS on ugine heaven and valley benchmarks 1080p (before it was like 15-20 FPS on 720p with internal gpu). I am currently playing Tomb raider 2015 and monster hunter with around 45 FPS which is good enough for me. Good thing is that it saved me from buying another laptop $900 cost for another 1 or 2 years and I am very happy with investment.. however please make sure that you laptop has been modded by someone before successfully and steps are clearly listed.

Also the EXP GDC customer support is absolute crap, so if it does not work it is money thrown away.:dude:
Most games are GPU dependent, it will perform good I think.

Haldiram

Country flag
If people here are interested, I tried low cost e-gpu setup and converted by 2011-12 laptop into media/moderate gaming setup. Most would already know but for beginners it basically adds external graphic card to laptop to make it gaming capable because processor power of 2-3Ghz clocked processor is enough if you have good enough GPU.

Total I spent about $250 to buy following 3 items during black friday:
1. GTX 1060 3GB EVGA
2. 500W EVGA
3. EXP GDC 8.0+ version.

My laptop is dell l502x having i7-2630 processor with 8GB RAM. Now with e-gpu, I get 50+ FPS on ugine heaven and valley benchmarks 1080p (before it was like 15-20 FPS on 720p with internal gpu). I am currently playing Tomb raider 2015 and monster hunter with around 45 FPS which is good enough for me. Good thing is that it saved me from buying another laptop $900 cost for another 1 or 2 years and I am very happy with investment.. however please make sure that you laptop has been modded by someone before successfully and steps are clearly listed.

Also the EXP GDC customer support is absolute crap, so if it does not work it is money thrown away.:dude:
Very interested. So it plugs into thunderbolt port or PCI-e?

cannonfodder

Country flag
Most games are GPU dependent, it will perform good I think.
Yes even I think so: 30-40 FPS with high/medium quality settings is enough for me. So i don't think i will need anything unless laptop breaks down.

Very interested. So it plugs into thunderbolt port or PCI-e?
As I mentioned, my laptop is pretty old 2011-12 and does not have thunderbolt usb port. This laptop luckily had 2 mini PCI-e connectors (one for WIFI and other for WWAN connection empty). I have connected external GPU to this 2nd WWAN mini pci-e and enabled it in BIOS. Most laptops have only one mini PCI-e connector for WIFI chip so they have to remove this WIFI chip to add external GPU. In such situation they will normally use usb wifi for connection or connect directly to LAN.

I think it should be easier to mod if thunderbolt usb is present on laptop and many setups are listed on e-gpu.io forums. I will recommend folks to buy laptops with usb thunderbolt as lot of people are able to mod their laptops. Essentially you can convert your portable laptop into good enough gaming setup. No need for separate desktop machine sitting idle. I find laptops much more useful because of portability. You always have option to upgrade your graphic card for gaming performance.

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
Pubg anyone ? Ring of Elysium ?

A chauhan

Country flag
Pubg anyone ? Ring of Elysium ?
Anyone Apex Legends ? :biggrin2::bounce:

Guys looks like your gaming spirit has died. :biggrin2:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

Titanfall minus pilot and the Titan with the same mechanics and fun.

Hook it to my veins.

A chauhan

Country flag
Titanfall minus pilot and the Titan with the same mechanics and fun.

Hook it to my veins.

A chauhan

Country flag
Must mention "Cuisine Royale" actually a nice game once you get the feeling of it...:biggrin2: and it also has better graphics.

itsme

Country flag
DOTA anybody? Been playing that from 12 years, still suck though.

Haldiram

Country flag

This Borderlands style gameplay takes some getting used to. I hated Borderlands for the first 2 hours, then it caught on. Very beautiful maps and weapons. Commentary and gameplay is awesome. Earlier, I hated si-fi games because they seemed too si-fi and childish (go to this magic teleportation device, get this magic capsule, catch this dragon's nunnu...blah blah). Borderlands made me like an entire genre. Otherwise I prefer realist WW2 type games.

Apex Legends is EA's attempt to put out a Borderlands style game of their own, and Borderlands 3 just released 2 days ago (co-incidence?).

Check how similar both look :

Haldiram

Country flag
Must mention "Cuisine Royale" actually a nice game once you get the feeling of it...:biggrin2: and it also has better graphics.
There's a side character in Borderlands called Claptrap. He's full of dark humor. Listen to his commentary. He's one sassy robot. He gets the main character into a side quest to capture dwarves and steal their beards :D

Listen to that harami's commentary. Whoever wrote those dialogues deserves a dialogue-oscar.

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
Yaha elections ka yudh chal raha hai aur thum log video games khel rahe ho?? :devil:
:pound::laugh::rofl:
Jab bhi Rahul ya leftists ko bakne ka man ho, open your game, kill some enemies considering them leftists or Pakistanis:shoot:. Keep chanting while killing "marr sale marr".

Your game rating will increase by this way...:biggrin2:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles