China upping the ante: Violation of airspace

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Jayram, please stop posting these pictures here.

Thanks.
i too dont wanna post it here. Have asked Yusuf to cut and post in multimedia.. Could you do it.. with title 'Around Lahaul & Stipi: Along Tibet Border".

Who are the cutters & editors in DFI.. please help..!

GUNS-N- ROSES

Breaking on times now,

China has been violating Indian airspace with UAVs, Helos an also Fighter jets.

It is citing an intel source and says IB has submitted a report to the government.

It also says that the PLA incursions are now headed by senior officers in the PLA.
it is a well known fact that there have been consistent incursions both in air and on land to check our stregth/assets deployed in the area and also gain valuable Signal intel/comm Intel. wat is surprising about this news is why is IB reporting the matter to Govt?

if there is an air incursion it must have been detected by indian radars and then the information is passed from Air HQ to MoD.

i think the report which IB has submitted is the "threat perception" report regularly submitted by intel agency to MHA and MOD. in this report they must have made mention of increasing air and land violations.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This sounds like diversion..

Nerveless this also sound like we are going to have 1967 again..

cir

Way to get some much-needed dosh from the Centre。

Beauty of "democracy"ã€‚:rofl:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Way to get some much-needed dosh from the Centre。

Beauty of "democracy"ã€‚:rofl:
Nope, they don't have to play tricks to get cash. India is not te US which has private contractors who will lobby their way.

On the contrary India has for far too long ignored vital defences along the china border. It's only now that we are doing something about it.

The report is a leak from the IB which knows left to the government there will be no action but when the media takes it up, it will be forced to act.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
it is a well known fact that there have been consistent incursions both in air and on land to check our stregth/assets deployed in the area and also gain valuable Signal intel/comm Intel. wat is surprising about this news is why is IB reporting the matter to Govt?

if there is an air incursion it must have been detected by indian radars and then the information is passed from Air HQ to MoD.

i think the report which IB has submitted is the "threat perception" report regularly submitted by intel agency to MHA and MOD. in this report they must have made mention of increasing air and land violations.

Yes it is a report sent by IB.

But I think I heard them say that the latest violation was just a couple of days ago, or may be I heard it wrong. The Chinis have been war gaming and it's possible they sent some violating our airspace.

GUNS-N- ROSES

SHOULDN`T WE BE DOING SAME THING VIOLATING THEIR AIR SPACE AND ETC ETC let see how they react
i dont think we have capacity to do the same. we r not yet in position to match china militarily. if u r following the events u will know that they never never undertake incursiions where army post is in "very" close vicinity. they chose a place, carry out incurssions and then make some markings on stones/boulders and go away. the intention is merely to tease india and test india;s resolve.

however i think we must get ready for a low intensity skirmish with china that looks like a major probability than a LICO or war.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
i dont think we have capacity to do the same. we r not yet in position to match china militarily. if u r following the events u will know that they never never undertake incursiions where army post is in "very" close vicinity. they chose a place, carry out incurssions and then make some markings on stones/boulders and go away. the intention is merely to tease india and test india;s resolve. however i think we must get ready for a low intensity skirmish with china that looks like a major probability than a LICO or war.
India did this before during 87 if i not wrong in large scale..

We don't have get a military match with china, We just need to have better Protection and Counter attack capabilities in the Region..

And that is very much neglected in the region, China wont take such action if we are in balance in that region..

SHOULDN`T WE BE DOING SAME THING VIOLATING THEIR AIR SPACE AND ETC ETC let see how they react
Wont solve the Problem, IA just need to have basic defense as per thread on other side, It will automatically solve problems..

For Example UAV could have Shot down via Manpads, But after 25min of recording of our defenses i doubt IA had any MANPADS in that area to counter that thread..

Vishwarupa

Country flag
China upping the ante: Violation of airspace

This is serious issue!!
MMS along with Madam S is busy in looting the country with Coal scam, Adarsh scam, 2G scam i really doubt if they ever think about about our borders & international politics.
Also why is oppositions party not raising this issue.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Violation of airspace is no big deal.

Leaving Indian defence weak and not heeding to the Army's requirement as enunciated by the AHQ and scuttled by that clot Anthony and his bureaucratic chamchas [/I ]is!

If the UPA II does not wake up and take heed of the IB report, stand by for some fireworks where India will not come out smelling of roses as it can do, if these bumbling idiots have some sense!

While UPA I has shown some hope, I regret to say UPA II has been a dismal failure and may cause us serious woes in all departments of existence!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Army to strengthen base in Arunachal

Guwahati, March 22: The Centre has decided to increase the presence of army personnel in Arunachal Pradesh, a move which could raise the hackles of neighbouring China which frequently stakes claim to the frontier state.

The Centre's move was indicated in the budget speech of Arunachal Pradesh governor J.J. Singh in the Assembly at Naharlagun, 20km from capital Itanagar, this morning.

The former army chief's address conveyed India's commitment to the development and protection of a state which has remained a thorn in bilateral relations between the two nations.

Besides China, the state also shares a border with Bhutan and Myanmar.

"Our army has plans for considerable additional deployment in our state, and setting up of headquarters of new formations and units has already been initiated at several locations. Additional deployment of border-guarding forces along the international border to check cross-border movement of insurgents is also likely," the governor said.

The announcement comes close on the heels of Union defence minister A.K. Antony's visit to the state on February 20 to participate in its 25th Statehood Day followed by the visit of Union minister of state for home Mullapally Ramachandran on March 1.

Both discussed the internal and external security situation of the state.

Antony had asserted that a secure, non-porous international border must continue to be the topmost priority area of the Centre, acknowledging the challenges of people living in border areas of the underdeveloped state.

Mullapally had revealed the sanctioning of a special financial package of Rs 138 crore for modernisation of police forces in the insurgency-torn Tirap and Changlang districts, which also found mention in Singh's speech.

China had objected to the visit of Antony without alluding to him.

India should refrain from taking any action that could "complicate" the border issue, Chinese foreign ministry spokesmanHong Lei reportedly said, asking India to work with China to maintain peace and stability in border areas.

Antony countered by asserting that the development as most unfortunate and objectionable.

Besides increasing army presence, Singh said raising of the first battalion of Arunachal Scouts will have a substantial multiplier effect on the strike and defence capability of the regular army units.

The ongoing renovation and re-operationalisation of eight airfields will help to give a major boost to air connectivity in the state.
:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Ok how about on topic comment.

India wont care even if they capture a part of India. thats what this good for nothing govt has turned us into to. Impotent watchers

If the govt is not so Impotent, it would have re-payed this kindness with kind- crushing the Chicom nuts with violations of its own:mad:.

But who knows, probably the UPA got a cutback from the Chicoms for selling us. I dont that is some thing what the UPA wont do:notsure:.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ok how about on topic comment.

India wont care even if they capture a part of India. thats what this good for nothing govt has turned us into to. Impotent watchers

If the govt is not so Impotent, it would have re-payed this kindness with kind- crushing the Chicom nuts with violations of its own:mad:.

But who knows, probably the UPA got a cutback from the Chicoms for selling us. I dont that is some thing what the UPA wont do:notsure:.
The defence of the country is in the hand of the armed forces. They won Kargil with one had tied behind the back.

The beauty about India has been it has prospered despite the govt.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
China violated Indian airspace

China violated Indian airspace - official | News24
New Delhi - China breached Indian airspace twice in March, a minister said Wednesday, adding the intrusions were reported to Beijing to "facilitate maintenance of peace" between the two Asian giants.

Chinese helicopters flew into Indian airspace on 16 and 19 March, Defence Minister AK Antony told parliament, specifying that on the first incident two aircraft illegally crossed the militarised border into India.

pmaitra

What question is this. We dont shoot it down because we dont have balls.
My question exactly. Why on earth are you not shooting these drones down? We should shoot down every single piece of flying object, save insects and birds, that crosses the border.

Indian attitude is hopeless.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
China violated Indian airspace in March: minister

China breached Indian airspace twice in March, a minister said Wednesday, adding the intrusions were reported to Beijing to "facilitate maintenance of peace" between the two Asian giants.

Chinese helicopters flew into Indian airspace on March 16 and 19, Defence Minister A.K. Antony told parliament, specifying that on the first incident two aircraft illegally crossed the militarised border into India.

Both airspace violations occurred over India's mountainous Himachal Pradesh state, which shares part of its border with Tibet, the defence minister told parliament's upper house in a statement.

"Incidents of transgressions, intrusions are taken up with the Chinese side through established mechanisms such as hot lines, flag meetings, border personnel meetings and normal diplomatic channels," Antony said.

"These mechanisms facilitate maintenance of peace," the defence minister's statement said.

The disputed border between India and China has been the subject of 14 rounds of fruitless talks since 1962, when the two nations fought a brief but brutal war over the issue.

China claims all of the northeastern Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh as well as other areas in the northwestern province of Kashmir.

Chinese military infrastructure build-up along the frontier has become a major source of concern for India, which increasingly sees Beijing as a longer-term threat to its security than traditional rival Pakistan.

China violated Indian airspace in March: minister

lemontree

Professional
My question exactly. Why on earth are you not shooting these drones down? We should shoot down every single piece of flying object, save insects and birds, that crosses the border.

Indian attitude is hopeless.
These drones test your defences and responses. No point in shooting them down.

When you light up your AD radars the signatures are read across and pin pointed and registered. So if these drones are to be shot down then we must deploy mobile AD assests like Shikha or Tangushka, and these cannot be deployed as we dont have enough roads on the Indo-China IB/ LOC.

So the GOI would like to shot them down, only we cannot due to the above handicaps.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles