Aircraft Crash Notification

AbRaj

Country flag
The Reason i said Karachi and Gwader was because Sorcerer was talking about how the Goa base was situated near the ocean and there is a lot of birds near them. Karachi and Gwader been near the ocean and also Porki airbases are close by as week by so why aren’t there planes crashing. I am pretty sure majority of Porki F-16 are either kept in storage in case of emergencies or in frontline bases in case of major war breaking out against India. The majority of Porki Combat Air Patrols and training are still done with Older Planes and i am pretty sure the Junk Fighter-17 will most likely replace these planes and take over there roles.
Karachi is a fucking desert. And Gawder is a bigger fucking desert.
Goa is not

scatterStorm

Country flag
Another video... at closer angle. Notice at 0.10 to 0.11 that was a pretty sharp turn, at this point pilot either got unconscious or during 0.14, but I don't see a G-Lock, the plane recovered as you can see in last part, but pilot went unconscious.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Today at 12:49 PM or 12:50 PM (IST), BBC had reported the fighter plane crash near Islamabad (but they didn't mention F-16).

They also showed the crash location in their maps. They were showing POJK (Pakistan occupied J&K) to be part of Pakistan.

The I&B ministry should take note of this.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
A very interesting comment from an eyewitness from the crash side.
lies.PNG

Sad that this time, many high resolution videos of the crash were taken by locals and uploaded quickly on internet. Otherwise Wing Cdr Noman Akram would have just remained a "doosra banda" !

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Rest in peace for his soul . Looks like he was too low to pull Loop and got into G-loc as posted by sameer joshi sir in twitter . This looks similar to the Typhoon crash in sea by spanish or Italian pilots .

View attachment 44200
When Indians die these jihadi idiots celebrate, why do you want his soul to rest in peace, rather wish his soul toasts in pieces. Goodness is the biggest enemy of Indian Hindus.

AbRaj

Country flag
Dude I think it's not right for you to use such kind of language especially on a dead person who was practicing for an airshow and not harming us. It degrades the quality of the forum (which is crap already due to lack of moderation).
Agreed. As an Indian I hate them for what they’re but as a human being I’m not going to gloat over an unfortunate incident.

Sympathies for the parents . His son lost his life for nothing but the idiocy of the PAF brass

But still,I’m critical of all this propaganda and bravado shown on daily basis. They use their prime fighter and ace pilots less on border and more of air shows and parades. They have some “Xxx Day” every single week.

Their armed forces spend less time on actual duty and more on doing propaganda events and what not. Can you imagine any civilised country have events like they celebrated 27Feb aka surprise day why conveniently hiding their humiliation on a day earlier. I’ve seen many pictures of their pilots in our custody where they were treated in very civilised manner and not paraded as war trophies. Even having dinner , laughing and watching movies together with IAF personnel.

So yes they kinda earned it

Last edited:

Foxbat

Country flag
Even if a F-16 crashes its unlikely the PAF reveal it, unless it crashes in a populated area and is caught on camera.

Copying from my earlier post in another thread:

The PAF and their F-16 fleet size is a black box which they only know of. How many planes are currently operational how many are lost in accidents is a mystery.

Between the 8 year period between 1986 to 1994 the PAF lost 8 F-16s in "accidents". This includes one which might have been shot down by a Russian Mig-23 but is counted as a own goal by another F-16.

For 15 years between 1994 to 2009 the PAF lost only 1 F-16 in an accident.

For the next 10 years between 2009 and 2019 not a single one was lost.

Interesting point to note during the 1980s-90s the PAF only had 34-45 F-16s and the maximum attrition rate along with a full supply of spares and support from the US.

When the numbers went by to 70+ the attrition rate became nearly zero and during this period it was under sanctions and spare part supplies were stopped. So 1 lost in 25 years with 70+ operational and 8 lost in 8 years with average of 40 operational.
Source:http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/mishaps-and-accidents/airforce/PAF/

The average annual attrition for the worldwide F-16 fleet is 0.33% for the PAF its claimed to be less than 0.05% :biggrin2:. Despite having extended periods of no access to spare parts and heavy usage their attrition rate is 1/7th of F-16s users like the USAF, Israel, Norway ! The earlier Block 10/15 models which make up more than 50% of the PAFs fleet have even higher average annual attrition numbers in western nations!

Source: http://www.f-16.net/fleet-reports_article5.html
Highlighting my post from a few months back, PAF can't hide it this time. This is supposedly the first F-16 crash in 25 years according to the PAF !

Even if a F-16 crashes its unlikely the PAF reveal it, unless it crashes in a populated area and is caught on camera.

AbRaj

Country flag
I saw the video it was a pilot error ,he can't even do a simple vertical loop manoeuvre right ,compare to that Tejas which does square loop at every airshow ,it was their so called elite pilot ,no machine error simply a grave human error regarding a basic airshow manoeuvre, I think it was their newer version F16.
You are underestimating LCA . It’s joy to ride the LCA as per the pilots flying it. Very easy machine to handle with

AbRaj

Country flag
A very interesting comment from an eyewitness from the crash side.
View attachment 44202

Sad that this time, many high resolution videos of the crash were taken by locals and uploaded quickly on internet. Otherwise Wing Cdr Noman Akram would have just remained a "doosra banda" !
Its a rehearsal for an air show in the capital city , live on high res cameras where thousands were gathered to celebrate . It’s almost impossible to hide it unless you are China

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Highlighting my post from a few months back, PAF can't hide it this time. This is supposedly the first F-16 crash in 25 years according to the PAF !

if I am not wrong till now 13 f16 have been crashed.........

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles