INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

Adux

Country flag
Its confirmed and fears were addressed regarding the top deck parking, Jets can be parked behind the island in the starboard side. Now it is positive that we can actually park something there, but it is not going to be easy or an efficient way, but we will make do with what we have.

But one has to very clearly understand, that top deck has been extended, while below deck (the hull itself) cannot be enlarged, therefore the area behind the island beneth the deck unlike top side cannot be used. That Island will make landing a very scary exercise. You can be assured after being on that carrier, even the USN pilots will call the IN pilots men with balls of steel.

Wow!

Adux

Country flag
This is what the Russians who are actually working on the ship think about it, they are laughing about it, They know they have made a fool out of India. It is the most inefficient and illogical aircraft carrier ever made. We should have made one 45,000 ton Carrier in Italy and another simultaneously in India.

So I still think that is why we do not need, look at Kuznetsov wing is in addition to shock and anti-aircraft weapons, plus two full lift located on the starboard side, and jump away from sites that allow at least as it is more or less actively carry out the rotation of the wing hangar to poletku and back, in general shortcomings wing more or less closed the presence of shock weapons. In all of Vikramaditya shock weapons dismantled, ie is a pure carrier, and it is almost the only weapons are the planes, but there buda, a lift for the aircraft (the second PTH 20/3 for helicopters had the entire width of about 5 meters even a Mig with folded wings not fit) and he is very badly to the left of superstructure down to the hangar, he hefty hole in poletke forms, there is certainly room to run the aircraft still has stock of five meters, but I think the chances of any who will not, in general work with the lift imposes restrictions on flights and flights impose restrictions on the operation of the lift. This is the first significant downside of the project. Further, Vikramaditya totzhe niedostatok that of Kuznetsova, trampoline, and just a decent starting position starting position to the far more less likely it will be possible to take off with fuel and weapons, and with the add-in which is located near the lift will likely limit at the maximum takeoff weight (which means less fuel and weapons), they run almost 2 times less, move it away again, this prevents the stupid lift gazootboyny shield is not installed. As I wrote just 3 arresting gear, smaller poletnoypaluby in general, etc. In general it's very difficult to fully use the aircraft. I believe that the aircraft carrier, which is difficult to use the aircraft does not need us. This is all purely IMHO, to think differently of course does not prohibit anyone =)

well, what is there to justify if the project is in general a curve, I'm on this project six years in the hydraulics involved in PKB, give concrete examples of its parts, PTG30 / 2 (podemnik trossovy hydraulically) a large aircraft podemnik located in the middle of the deck, a series of airplane delivery on poletku than 5 minutes, only to rise or descent of the platform's documentation is more than 2 minutes, and even towing and unfastening of the aircraft, near the lift up to 30 tons will be one of the starting positions, working with them can be said at once puts an end to the takeoff and landing ( this heritage Gorshkov from him not to leave). In the place of contact with aircraft landing deck, great location arms cellar with a lift lid and poletke, and why it was doing this to me as a cellar is not very clear, it is very small, judging by the number of racks, climbs back up poltyschi shells but a dozen bombs. At the time when I had left Hull consumers of hydraulic potential in an emergency situation were not able to manual control (which is the valve protivozharnoy, heeling, diferentnoy, bilge, fuel, in general almost all spacecraft systems with the exception of special systems GEMs), simply because the designer of the ship utsanovil bypass spool valves backwards, I told them 2 months of angry letters he wrote about it a potentially dangerous situation, but they are probably smarter, left as is. Brake wire ropes on the project by the way, only 3 and not 4 as Kuznetsov, due to the fact that the hydraulic brake car is not acidic, and the fourth to push the size of nowhere, an Indian sweet flyers will not be in this regard. Does the ship have to anchor the device, I just do not know, and the most funny that it works just do not even know the designer of the ship, and the iron came from the northeast at 70% otlichlos of drawings, we certainly blinded the working scheme of the fact that it was in the factory but how it will work there Dunno, a similar situation with the SPU boats. Small pile of idiocy out there, such as a block gidroraspredliteley in the same room, and allows the distributor to translate this unit is powered by a backup pump station in another nafigaaaaaaa? I certainly do not remember everything now, but this ship is one big fun, like a lot of different things, but these little things add up to a total ass, mainly the fault of the designer and the factory in Nikolaev (only factory in Nikolaev may, at one and the is drawing to collect three different tanks). In short we do not need this. Indians for the first time come for training, but we no longer need, we already have one of these. Edited at 6:33 pm 4.26.2012 (UTC)

pmaitra

Post links. The translation is not making much sense. I will get it properly translated and summarized.

shubhamsaikia

the ship doesnt look all that bad. Except that the Island seems that of a destroyer in particular

noob101

I use to think "When is the Vikramaditya going to get here"
now I think "What difference is it going to make, by the time it gets here is going to obsolete in few years"

panduranghari

now I think "What difference is it going to make, by the time it gets here is going to obsolete in few years"
From what I have read the life is expected to be 40 years as it has been refurbished all over. :blah:

Adux

Country flag
Unfortunately, true.

The new chinese carrier's will be able to get a far higher tempo, heck even the chinese training ship shi lang will get a far greater tempo.

This is going to be a dockyard darling.

shubhamsaikia

Why Can't we have 5 of these rather
HTMS Chakri Naruebet

Cost - US$336 million
Range: 10,000 nautical miles (19,000 km; 12,000 mi) at 12 knots (22 km/h; 14 mph)
7,150 nautical miles (13,240 km; 8,230 mi) at 16.5 knots (30.6 km/h; 19.0 mph)

And Can carry about 30 (Total) Air Assets

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Why Can't we have 5 of these rather
HTMS Chakri Naruebet

Cost - US$336 million
Range: 10,000 nautical miles (19,000 km; 12,000 mi) at 12 knots (22 km/h; 14 mph)
7,150 nautical miles (13,240 km; 8,230 mi) at 16.5 knots (30.6 km/h; 19.0 mph)

And Can carry about 30 (Total) Air Assets
You mean this piece of s**t? Why dont we sail on a commode instead?

pmaitra

Location (undated) of INS Vikramaditya (1/2)

Ex-Baku, ex-Gorshkov, INS Vikramaditya, at Shevmash, Severodvinsk!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles