Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moroboshi

Since 93 How many times there have been Governor's rule ? What do you want Mehboobas and Abdullahs joining Sallahuddin in Pakistan ?

This is 2000, Those days there was good reason to worry after what USA did to Serbia and made a country out of their Muslim majority region called Kosovo.

This is recently,

https://www.firstpost.com/india/pak...s-offer-to-mediate-kashmir-issue-3098892.html

If you don't know what they have to mediate, read about Dickson's formula, I doubt you even heard about this before.
land stays with us and no one is going to start a war to rescue jihadis. We are not a global minnow. Don't think like one.

Oh wow. Offer to meditate?? Better start whining about sanctions and end of the world, right? Nothing in your previous post or this gives any reason to believe they are halfway serious of giving any kind of stick to us about our handling of the kashmir issue. I can get you article after article of world leaders falling over themselves to say "kashmir is bilateral issue yada yada" but i guess that counts for nothing if you are a whiny "world will get us" paranoid.

Now India is equivalent to serbia? But in a previous post you said sri lanka did this and that without consequences! Make up your fricking mind.

If you don't know what they have to mediate, read about Dickson's formula, I doubt you even heard about this before.

Ok and one more thing and this is gold. For a guy supposedly knowledgeable about this stuff you got his name wrong :rofl:

http://www.frontline.in/static/html/fl1921/stories/20021025002508200.htm

[Personal attacks removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Give me a break. There is no such thing as the 'Dickson formula' as you mention. It's 'Dixon Plan' which was a hare brained formula which was never accepted by India and neither was it mandated as a UN resolution under Chapter VI of the UN Charter that we had to comply with. It was also later rejected by the Pakis themselves! So keep irrelevant issues out of your argument. It serves no purpose.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
cfv by puppystan ......................................................

Country flag
land stays with us and no one is going to start a war to rescue jihadis. We are not a global minnow. Don't think like one.

Oh wow. Offer to meditate?? Better start whining about sanctions and end of the world, right? Nothing in your previous post or this gives any reason to believe they are halfway serious of giving any kind of stick to us about our handling of the kashmir issue. I can get you article after article of world leaders falling over themselves to say "kashmir is bilateral issue yada yada" but i guess that counts for nothing if you are a whiny "world will get us" paranoid.

Now India is equivalent to serbia? But in a previous post you said sri lanka did this and that without consequences! Make up your fricking mind.

Ok and one more thing and this is gold. For a guy supposedly knowledgeable about this stuff you got his name wrong :rofl:

http://www.frontline.in/static/html/fl1921/stories/20021025002508200.htm

[Personal attacks removed]
Yes, Yes we are superpower fighting a dozen active insurgency on our own land. Not long ago we had a huge chunk of land declared as red corridor, and to fight these insurgencies we still have to import assault rifles, that's some achievement I must say.

Why would I whine about Sanctions, we were under sanctions not too long ago after Nuclear tests, our global power status didn't save us back then. World has got us when we were having governors rule and a full blown military operation in the vale, the Global power status didn't save us back then also, It was an understanding with Iran which save us.

I said that Sri Lanka did it without much of consequences, just like we did It without consequences against Sikh insurgency, and that was because.

1. No Sikh country existed which would lobby for them.
2. No Tamil country existed which would lobby for LTTE.

There are about 50 "Muslim" countries in the world to raise Kashmir, is it that hard to understand.

India was a founding member of NAM along with Eygpt and Yugoslavia, I don't think you know what became of Yugoslavia and then Serbia. Kosovo was a "Muslim" majority area, there are "50" Muslim countries who lobbied for them, especially Turkey who used their influence in NATO.

Personal attack is a sign of weak mind and a weak person.

Last edited:

Country flag
Give me a break. There is no such thing as the 'Dickson formula' as you mention. It's 'Dixon Plan' which was a hare brained formula which was never accepted by India and neither was it mandated as a UN resolution under Chapter VI of the UN Charter that we had to comply with. It was also later rejected by the Pakis themselves! So keep irrelevant issues out of your argument. It serves no purpose.
Why will India ever accept anything which breaks It, India never accepted the Human rights violatiion allegations also. And Pakistanis accept Shimla Agreement on paper and then call everyone for negotiations. Dixon's formula was an example of American negotiation, they can come with another plan, the point here is why invite trouble, when the work is being done in a quiet manner. Didn't need Governor's rule when 1000s of Afghan, Chechan, Uzbek and what not Jihadis were killing 100s of people and attacking Military in early 2000s, why bring unwanted attention ? specially when.
  1. Armed insurgents are at an all time low,
  2. Arm and ammunition supply has dried up.
  3. Funds have dried up.
  4. Infrastructure is improving and big projects are progressing well.
  5. Hurriyat is facing terror charges and being investigated.
  6. Jail security is being tightened.
Why bring in Governor's rule now an turn the clock almost 30 years back which started with rigged elections and then armed insurgency ?

Haldiram

Country flag
The premise laid out by @Guest is still legit. Call the plan by whatever name, there sure IS an intention on part of the Western bloc to use the Kashmir issue as a pressure point and it continues till date. Even the Kargil incursion was with the blessings of the US, as a punishment for India conducting nuclear tests. The West has been threatening successive Indian politicians with consequences for going nuclear. Much of this revolves around using Pakistan to hit India in Kashmir.

The threat is very real. They've used it to break a super power like Soviet Union and recently in Syria. It's not a matter of "should we, or shouldn't we" for them. It's more like "this particular rising power is growing powerful everyday, should we sit idly and let them grow or should we use terror as an instrument to clip their wings". The excuse hardly matters; Human rights, animal rights, environment rights, ethnic rights, they are capable of cooking up an excuse when they want to intervene.

There will be no ganging up of countries against us as you say. They all know that it's Pak that is sponsoring terror in J&K and on the verge of being declared a state sponsor of terror.
These same countries who 'know' about Pakistani terrorism are the same ones sponsoring terror inside India themselves. (Germany banned sale of MP5 to India after we launched OP Greenhunt. Norway was involved in both LTTE and Naxal financing. The US uses their Church lobby to fund Red terror and Kashmir insurgency via Amnesty simultaneously). They are the ones who are arming Pakistani terror groups against India, that's how they know about it.

Right now, it seems like that possibility is very distant, but that conditional respect we get is because of the state of our economy. One bad year and everyone will be at our throats.

Last edited:

Country flag
Right now, it seems like that possibility is very distant, but that conditional respect we get is because of the state of our economy. One bad year and everyone will be at our throats.
I agree on this point that, the possibility is at an all time low today, but still we have to improve from here, become a Global power, I am sorry to say we are no yet there to do anything we want and get away. We are still building our Military, and have along way to go, when It comes to being fully self reliant.

Lets take the example of China, the Global superpower, Taiwan is an independent country, they can easily crush the island but they don't want to invite necessary trouble and damage their growth, Taiwan is a small loss when compared with their real aim of Global domination.

Haldiram

Country flag
I agree on this point that, the possibility is at an all time low today, but still we have to improve from here, become a Global power, I am sorry to say we are no yet there to do anything we want and get away. We are still building our Military, and have along way to go, when It comes to being fully self reliant.

Lets take the example of China, the Global superpower, Taiwan is an independent country, they can easily crush the island but they don't want to invite necessary trouble and damage their growth, Taiwan is a small loss when compared with their real aim of Global domination.
It's a constant race against time. No one is beholden to anyone. The US and Saudis/Pakistanis were BFFs for such a long time, now suddenly there is a rift between them. The US and Russia were allies during WW, and now they are sworn enemies.

India was relatively safe when Indira was the PM, but the moment the CIA was able to infiltrate Morarji Desai, all our covert capabilities were dismantled. The same thing happened when Vajpayee lost his position and we had a whole decade where no new military capabilities were acquired. Such a risk always looms.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Why will India ever accept anything which breaks It, India never accepted the Human rights violatiion allegations also. And Pakistanis accept Shimla Agreement on paper and then call everyone for negotiations. Dixon's formula was an example of American negotiation, they can come with another plan, the point here is why invite trouble, when the work is being done in a quiet manner. Didn't need Governor's rule when 1000s of Afghan, Chechan, Uzbek and what not Jihadis were killing 100s of people and attacking Military in early 2000s, why bring unwanted attention ? specially when.
  1. Armed insurgents are at an all time low,
  2. Arm and ammunition supply has dried up.
  3. Funds have dried up.
  4. Infrastructure is improving and big projects are progressing well.
  5. Hurriyat is facing terror charges and being investigated.
  6. Jail security is being tightened.
Why bring in Governor's rule now an turn the clock almost 30 years back which started with rigged elections and then armed insurgency ?
I guess you have a valid point here. Governor's rule will probably attract more world attention than now to Kashmir. In other words, it's better not to stir the pot too vigorously!

Moroboshi

Yes, Yes we are superpower fighting a dozen active insurgency on our own land. Not long ago we had a huge chunk of land declared as red corridor, and to fight these insurgencies we still have to import assault rifles, that's some achievement I must say.

Why would I whine about Sanctions, we were under sanctions not too long ago after Nuclear tests, our global power status didn't save us back then. World has got us when we were having governors rule and a full blown military operation in the vale, the Global power status didn't save us back then also, It was an understanding with Iran which save us.

I said that Sri Lanka did it without much of consequences, just like we did It without consequences against Sikh insurgency, and that was because.

1. No Sikh country existed which would lobby for them.
2. No Tamil country existed which would lobby for LTTE.

There are about 50 "Muslim" countries in the world to raise Kashmir, is it that hard to understand.

India was a founding member of NAM along with Eygpt and Yugoslavia, I don't think you know what became of Yugoslavia and then Serbia. Kosovo was a "Muslim" majority area, there are "50" Muslim countries who lobbied for them, especially Turkey who used their influence in NATO.

Personal attack is a sign of weak mind and a weak person.
I didn't even use the word superpower. Read again. Nuclear bombs and kashmir have no equivalence.

In no realistic position are nato or p5 going to do the bidding of oic and bomb us for kashmir. Havent done for 30 years aren't going to start doing now.

And predictably ends with a lecture on personal attacks when all your posts can be condensed to "do you even know?" Yeah a very knowledgable and strong mentality we have in you sir and everyone else is an idiot!

Last edited:

Samsung J7

Senior Afghan journalist says two Pakistani soldiers killed and two more captured in Pak-Afghan border clashes today:

Afghanistan hav no chance against Pakistan in conventional warfare. But they can do severe damage to pakis in guerrilla attacks

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Clashes started because Pakistani forces killed 3 Afghan civilians and attempted to build border fence on Afghan side of Durand Line

Country flag
I didn't even use the word superpower. Read again. Nuclear bombs and kashmir have no equivalence.

In no realistic position are nato or p5 going to do the bidding of oic and bomb us for kashmir. Havent done for 30 years aren't going to start doing now.

And predictably ends with a lecture on personal attacks when all your posts can be condensed to "do you even know?" Yeah a very knowledgable and strong mentality we have in you sir and everyone else is an idiot!
I was taking about the ability of west to impose sanctions on India, they imposed sanctions on Russia which has a far greater clout globally than India, Nuclear Sanctions are just an example.

You seem to be knowing too well what P5 and NATO thinks, I talk on the basis of their past records. Bombing Kashmir is a doomsday scenario, putting India under economic sanctions is enough to soften up India. Earlier India used to get away thanks to the Soviet support, and the Soviet and NAM ecosystem in the world which helped us to survive against the west, however all of that ended with the end of Soviet Union, since then lots of water has flown, technology has evolved, Global ecosystem is more skewed, If not totally dependent on west, West who see India and China as potential threats, will waste no time to cut India into smaller pieces like they did with Yugoslavia, and later Serbia.

The level of your posts shows how little you know, you seem to have problem even reading properly, what's written.

Its only in India and Gandhian Indians who always try to be the good guy everywhere. So we keep hyumen rites, sanctions, International relations bla bla above national strategy and geopolitics whenever we think of taking strong steps.
A good guy is who pretends to be good, but does the necessary things even If its bad. Human rights is just a tool which is used by numerically powerful and rich Islamic lobby. They have a strong presence in UN bodies related to Human rights etc. For example a country like Saudi has seats in the Human rights commission as well as Women's right commission, they get these seats due to deep pockets, there's a reason why Bin Salman has to buy frigates from Spain.

The Globalization has made international relations very important, the West has technology and deep pockets, these days even gulf has deep pockets. India is a poor country, people here need jobs and money more than victory in war. Any big step has to be backed up by the National strength, 2002 Parakram was cancelled and one of reasons was to save the IT industry, the benefits were too less compared to the economic losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles