Indian MBRLS Pinaka Thread

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Looks like they are going to buy all kinds of pinaka ammunition.
I don't think 4 batteries is low. They have also bought ATGM and other munitions (and maybe a few undisclosed drone/anti-drone systems as well). Also, in case of Indian Army buying the Pinaka, it doesn't include ammo costs when a new battery is ordered. That order is placed separately I think. While for Armenia, the deal would include a lot of Pinaka ammo as well.

Good thing is that the private companies are the ones receiving the contract because its known that the enhanced Pinaka rockets are manufactured by the private industry while the old Mk1 rocket is manufactured by the OFB.
EDIT: But it says guided rounds in the near future. So does that mean the current order or is he saying its possible to export guided later on?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
This one 90km version . 4 rockets can be seen .

Did anyone notice the cover falling at 00:08 seconds.

Is it a malfunction or is it by design?
I was under the impression hot we use hot launch mechanism whereby the primary motor will propel the missile and either the missile or the hot gases from exhaust the primary motor will dislodge any covers.

Tiwariji

Country flag

I was under the impression hot we use hot launch mechanism whereby the primary motor will propel the missile and either the missile or the hot gases from exhaust the primary motor will dislodge any covers.
It's by design . Similar gap in 2nd lunch .

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag

A cover not being headbutted by the missile does not mean its not hot launch. Hot launch means that during ejection, missile is powered by integral motor while cold launch means a separate mechanism (gas generator) is used.

In Naval VLS, both hot and cold launches are preceded by opening of the vls cover. Imagine the horror show if a hot launched naval missile headbutts the vls cover.

Blademaster

But having good machines in hand don't win wars. Good leadership and battlefield strategy also required. Does Armenia have that type of officers ?
Well sometimes the brutality of war have a Darwinism effect. It kills off the weak and stupid first and those who relatively survive are usually the ones who are baptized by fire and rise up through the ranks.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
I highly doubt Pinaka was used in Kargil War...I am sure Grad was used..
Grad was also used. But Pinaka back then was undergoing trials and so it was also used. Even in 2020 during the Galwan stand off we deployed LCH and WhAP there. Although not sure LCH and WhAP were used operationally, but if things would have gone kinetic, we might have seen them take part in combat ops much the same way that Pinaka did in Kargil.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Grad was also used. But Pinaka back then was undergoing trials and so it was also used. Even in 2020 during the Galwan stand off we deployed LCH and WhAP there. Although not sure LCH and WhAP were used operationally, but if things would have gone kinetic, we might have seen them take part in combat ops much the same way that Pinaka did in Kargil.
Even Nirbhay was aldo deployed.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles