Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indibomber

Well my dear friend this problem WAS IS AND WILL REMAIN RELIGIOUS. Many would not like my words buts its the bitter truth.
You think army cant sort out this mess???
Give us the 90 era and we will show you the peace required.
SF have their hands tied,
Did you see the video of a sepoy speaking his sentiments? Its a indicator Men in uniform too have sentiments and they are very strong.
Thanks to bloody khangresies we are in such deep shit.

But their is change and its positive it takes time and i have my faith intact in the leadership this problem will tk some time but will be sorted out.

P.S kashmir can be sorted in a month just the boys from UP and Bihar and rest be assured things will be in place ( pun intented)
Exactly this is what i am saying..This is not 90's and we need to change tactics to gain intelligence. SF absolutely have there hands tied today as well and Who is responsible not that of pappu and Italian whore. Exactly in the video that sepoy is crying his hear and WHO can fix it... absolutely the current government CAN and HAS to.

As far as positives are concerned the only way i see it is that "WE" have an opportunity and it is "NOW" if we continue to wait it will NEVER come.
Unfortunately stats don't support that we are making good progress. I would love to see the separatist snakes meeting fatal accidents, chopper crash, militant attack.

We need another kuka parray and where is Ikhwan-ul-Muslemoon version 5?

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Last edited:

Bornubus

Their was one incident also when friendly AAA shot a IAF AN-32 as AN-32 pilots uniformed AAD and control tower their unexpected entry ..

Besides, We have plenty of target both in Air also on ground and we have space to operate our UACV at CT areas unlike them, But again their is no UCAV which can work efficiently on those terrain ..

Also, Surgical strike showed PA preparation against air threads ..

Some part of the wreckage should be recovered as a war trophy.

In 1965 Paki Bell OH 13 was shot down by 17 th Poona Horse and it's Tail Rotor still kept by the unit as a war Trophy.

Jeep of 35 th FF Col Akram Raja is a war trophy of Grenadiers. His charred body and 80 ~ other Pak troops were massacred by Grenadiers in Jarpal which was the 7 th bloody counter Attack on grenadiers but still failed to evict them from Barapind/ Jarpal ( several km inside west Pak) 1971

Last edited:

pringles

We have to.. wait for one Decade to like this facility... Indian police
This question of shields gets asked too often. I asked a military guy I know, and I don't recall the exact details but he said that use of shields has been prohibited due to our doctrine. Apparently it comes in the way of swift movements, (not just personnel movements but troop movements over large distances because fitting the gear in the transport vehicles will require a major overhaul to accommodate the extra space required to haul it). The loss of mobility will cause more deaths of personnel. Note the fact that western nations have built their towns after proper town planning, whereas 90% of our buildings are not built using any planning. What happens if tomorrow the SWAT team needs to be sent into a place like this :

Neither the shields will fit the narrow lanes, nor the vehicles carrying the troops fill fit here.

Let's not get too tactical for no reason. Apart from 1 attack like 26/11 in many decades, we don't usually face the kind of threats that needs shields. Police sharpshooters and intel apparatus takes care of most threats like Ishrat Jahan with a normal 9mm pistol.

rrrajesh.yadav

Country flag
This question of shields gets asked too often. I asked a military guy I know, and I don't recall the exact details but he said that use of shields has been prohibited due to our doctrine. Apparently it comes in the way of swift movements, (not just personnel movements but troop movements over large distances because fitting the gear in the transport vehicles will require a major overhaul to accommodate the extra space required to haul it). The loss of mobility will cause more deaths of personnel. Note the fact that western nations have built their towns after proper town planning, whereas 90% of our buildings are not built using any planning. What happens if tomorrow the SWAT team needs to be sent into a place like this :

Neither the shields will fit the narrow lanes, nor the vehicles carrying the troops fill fit here.

Let's not get too tactical for no reason. Apart from 1 attack like 26/11 in many decades, we don't usually face the kind of threats that needs shields. Police sharpshooters and intel apparatus takes care of most threats like Ishrat Jahan with a normal 9mm pistol.

Got your point that ballistic sheild may not as efficient in tight corners...
But we have most of the counter terrorist operation in jammu and kashmir in which many are also happen in open area... In which troops take shed behind trees..
PicsArt_03-03-01.13.07.jpg

ballistic sheild can be helpful when a soldiers is about to directly face terrorist fire or approaching to engage, And also not every soldier have to carry shield but only one who is leading. There are also suitcase like folding ballistic sheild which can be consider if transportation is problem also shield comes in different sizes ..

PicsArt_03-03-01.42.58.jpg

But in the end off course it's army who had to take final decision on this

Horushmar.

the question of the use of ballistic shields by the IA isn't due to budget or its disadvantages(un manouverable),
it's mostly because of the doctrinal difference.

rkhanna

Country flag
the question of the use of ballistic shields by the IA isn't due to budget or its disadvantages(un manouverable),
it's mostly because of the doctrinal difference.
unfortunately we are also comparing apples to oranges. Simple copy paste doesnt work

the above picturs are of units doing DA (CT/HRT) on a static target. in kashmir a single engagement can go from trees/mountain to urban and back in an hour. Limited efficiency in S&C ops. unless specifically given to perimeter security teams and breaching/entry teams. --> which imo will make troop deployment less fluid

"

SilentKiller

Country flag
ballistic shields is used for counter insurgency or hostage crisis.

1. Its not Army job to take care of CT operations, speaking ideally (Army is for external threats).
2. CRPF and state police SWATs should be such equipped and they are the one which should deal with CT operations.
3. May Be Army's MT units can use such shield.
4. We have NSG and i believe it uses Ballistic shields.

What army is dealing in Kashmir valley is not any simple operations or issue faced by western armies.
Don't take it wrong..
but way we are fighting in kashmir is akin to US army fighting in Iraq and in both places,we don't see Such police tactics been used. reason is local support. people willingly help these terrorists and there is no option to save hostages as there are none.

Kill local support to terrorism in valley, as long as this remains, no bullets will resolve this issue.
There are many ways, but seems like governments are not willing..

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
This is the personal equipment level of troops. More like a warlord's Militia with military grade backpack among other stuff lol

View attachment 14244
Bornubus, I've seen those black coloured pants in a lot of times. Are those trekking pants service issued or unit specific??

Bornubus

Bornubus, I've seen those black coloured pants in a lot of times. Are those trekking pants service issued or unit specific??
Bhai ye field area me issue hota hai, some say that it is issue only for Ghataks but that is not true. Earlier they used to give khaki woolen Pants for Troops posted in CT areas and high alt that is still in use.

During kargil this khakee pant was widely in use.

ch post (2).jpg

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Bhai ye field area me issue hota hai, some say that it is issue only for Ghataks but that is not true. Earlier they used to give khaki woolen Pants for Troops posted in CT areas and high alt that is still in use.

During kargil this khakee pant was widely in use.

View attachment 14264
Tau hamein bhi milti hain. Khud Ka khayal rakhna.... Duty main milengey jaroor

delta

Country flag

See guys. . . Stone pelting is much more serious thing than we believe.
Look who is supporting them. .

P.S. Observe the t-shirt.
slightly off topic but dude that pic on the t shirt is actually a famous street art by banksy. and here's the kicker: the guy is actually throwing a bouquet of flowers, not stones. the t-shirt conveys a completely different message than what this kanchan gupta person (and maybe even you) perceives it to be.

that's the problem with us these days. we observe less, comprehend even lesser and then shout hoarse about anything that doesn't fit into our ideology. in doing so, we only proclaim our ignorance and stupidity!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Their are instances when there is a requirement and we don`t have, One must have all the needed tools regardless they come in use or not, Specially SF equipment in CT areas ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles