Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
slightly off topic but dude that pic on the t shirt is actually a famous street art by banksy. and here's the kicker: the guy is actually throwing a bouquet of flowers, not stones. the t-shirt conveys a completely different message than what this kanchan gupta person (and maybe even you) perceives it to be.

that's the problem with us these days. we observe less, comprehend even lesser and then shout hoarse about anything that doesn't fit into our ideology. in doing so, we only proclaim our ignorance and stupidity!
I follow one simple rule, dude.
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

You can hope that the JNU thug is just appreciating the art by banksy.

But what if it's other case?
Can you ignore the possibility?

Of course you will ignore it. After all JNU thugs are known for their appreciation for art.

It's the Army dude who is getting the burnt of all these appreciations. His pellet gun also got neutered now. All because some art enthusiasts are rooting for Banksy art.

delta

Country flag
I follow one simple rule, dude.
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

You can hope that the JNU thug is just appreciating the art by banksy.

But what if it's other case?
Can you ignore the possibility?

Of course you will ignore it. After all JNU thugs are known for their appreciation for art.

It's the Army dude who is getting the burnt of all these appreciations. His pellet gun also got neutered now. All because some art enthusiasts are rooting for Banksy art.
this is my last post on this thread about this topic.

i couldn't care less about art appreciation, jnu thugs or multiple possibilities. my simple point is that incomplete information is dangerous, especially when one has access to social media and the capacity to influence many others through his words. can you imagine how many people would have been angered by just that simple tweet about the t-shirt, and are now unnecessarily pissed off at a random guy because of his attire (and not his actions)? hence you need to fact check everything you see and post on the internet. you tend to feel angered when these leftists protest army actions without having complete knowledge, but how different are you if you share half truths and exaggerated facts?

having complete facts and sharing the truth on social media is a very big responsibility, and it cannot be just shrugged off by us so easily. i have been an offender myself, and have learnt my lesson. you need to own up to your actions and appreciate the fact that you have the power to influence a lot of people and cause a lot of damage.

information is this day's fire - it is a good servant but a bad master. don't play with it so recklessly. the sooner we realise this the better it will be for us all. goes for everybody mate.

if you still want to discuss this further, you are welcome to invite me over on a separate thread.

Last edited:

mavles ihctep

What is the use of 50 billion dollar defence budget if our army is still night blind.
We r suspending counter terrorism operations because of darkness :frusty:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
What is the use of 50 billion dollar defence budget if our army is still night blind.
Tenders for NVDs will be issued in Apr 17. Includes handheld, helmet mounted and rifle scopes.

And also nobody is stopping area commanders to buy on emergency basis.

SilentKiller

Country flag
How do u think that only 1% indians have 50% indian wealth.
politicians talk a lot about fighting corruption, but they see other's corruption not their own.
When people never listen to others view, don't accept their own mistake there is no point, mistake can be rectified.

any one complains about army/bsf, people tag them or their view supporter anti-national.
am still not able to get that for past 5 years, we are biggest importer in world but still out army cannot fight in dark or we are still stuck with old theory of not fighting after dark.

SilentKiller

Country flag
Tenders for NVDs will be issued in Apr 17. Includes handheld, helmet mounted and rifle scopes.

And also nobody is stopping area commanders to buy on emergency basis.

Tender will be issues in April 17, they will cancel it in 2018, fresh tender will be issued in 2019..
this is how our armed forces / MoD works.

mavles ihctep

Is our army hav any cyberspace security wing, I think it's easy to track terrorist supporters

Chinmoy

Country flag
Their is not a single infantry unit that can be called Night blinded ..

It was not even 20 years back in night fighting sense ..
Right now enjoying the hospitality of one of the unit in frontline while writing this. :).

Although far away from from any IB, but in a dense CT environment region. The sweet surprise is to see the night sentries equipped with NVG even in campus patrol. Would try to collect most of the info tomorrow and would try hand on Excalibur too in range if possible, but seeing this sweet change in approach is rewarding in itself.

ghost

Right now enjoying the hospitality of one of the unit in frontline while writing this. :).

Although far away from from any IB, but in a dense CT environment region. The sweet surprise is to see the night sentries equipped with NVG even in campus patrol. Would try to collect most of the info tomorrow and would try hand on Excalibur too in range if possible, but seeing this sweet change in approach is rewarding in itself.
Please get as much information as you can about the gear(upgrade expected) and get plenty of photos.
btw in J&K?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It may sound odd, But do take photos if you are dinning in your quarters ..

Its been long i have seen mess food from front-lines ..

hammer head

Country flag
Operations are not suspended during ni its just restricted to tight inner and outer cordens,why is that??
Because the area is not from CALL OF DUTY game play. On ground the reality is different.First of all army has a simple policy of bleeding out and exhausting the trt.
Even if one escapes he will be hunted down at some other location
Secondly the local population at ni will create more problems to the tps engaged in the ops which may result in civilisns getting killed.

About Army being ni blind every unit is authorised some amount of NVDs which is distributed at sub unit level. If we compare it to the WE (war est) auth of US inf it is less but else manageable.

Other members have already shared the upcoming deals with respect to NVDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles