DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Wtf

The point is, that screwdrivergiri is by far an easier choice, and as long as that choice is allowed, RnD will not happen.

If anything, DRDO should be empowered and expanded, not cut off.
Ani confirmed those reforms will happen in 100 days which have been agreed upon by both committee and drdo
So let's hope for the best

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Ani confirmed those reforms will happen in 100 days which have been agreed upon by both committee and drdo
So let's hope for the best
Yea the report did say the only reforms that are happening have been agreed by both the committee and drdo that's why I am silent on this issue

Azaad

Country flag
The proposed restructuring effectively neuters drdo as a research entity, so private players have less competition from govt labs leading to easier screwdrivergiri
Frankly this comparative terminology used by the media equating DRDO to DARPA is both misleading & mischievous. DARPA is both a facilitator & funding organization. What it is not is an R&D organization. The US can afford to do so given the sophistication of its defence ecosystem - its contractors & academia . We don't have that luxury.

DRDO will very much continue in research except not the kind of research which goes into D&D of parachutes to drop a battle tank on a battlefield or in small arms or mini & micro drones if not the entire subject of drones.

We need to exit these areas & allow for pvt sectors to participate. To begin with individual R&D labs which fall under the aforementioned categories ought to be amalgamated with respective OFB derivatives before they're either made autonomous on the Navratna principle of other PSUs or privatized.

Eventually this would also be the path we'd have to follow for premier labs like ADA where we'd have to amalgamate it HAL after the latter is restructured.

Our grouse shouldn't be with the core principles of the GoI in undertaking these reforms but the way it is undertaking them for our entire DPSU & associated eco system like the DRDO requires holistic reforms whereas we seem to be silo - ising such reforms with OFB yesterday , DRDO today & other such organisations under the MIC umbrella tomorrow.

Blademaster

:doh::doh::doh:
I can't do anything if u don't remember the discussion and report of drdo reforms
Many pointed out the demerits of the committee reports and drdo had many reservations against it
Pls go back few hundred pages or simple search on top right of ur screen will take u there
Many are aware and even remember those discussions and it was continuation of that
Many people picked it up no need to bring the same discussion again better just search
that doesn’t mean anything. You are conveniently using the tactic “it was discussed hundreds of pages back etc “ you need to refresh our memory why this is bad.

so outline your logical reasoning that has led to your conclusion instead of engaging in half measured conclusory statements.

mamamia12

SPV model bullshit has fucked us so badly
On one hand I want to blame private players for being greedy and not contributing to nation but on the other hand private players experience with Gobermint is so bad that they ate losses and never touch them until orders are placed properly. I mean 56 C-295 orders are placed and Tata jumped in. As per IAF, there is a need of 40 to 50 MTA, hence Mahindra jumped in. Whomever idiots on top both Import Airforce and Babus dragged the Prachand, LUH and such until now without orders even after these many years. So, why would I blame private players hesitating to venture into Helicopters? Without accurate and confirmed orders they won't come and we know what happened to "orders" of LUH, Prachand until recently.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
that doesn’t mean anything. You are conveniently using the tactic “it was discussed hundreds of pages back etc “ you need to refresh our memory why this is bad.

so outline your logical reasoning that has led to your conclusion instead of engaging in half measured conclusory statements.
This is the article

And page number 2413 of drdo thread
Deliberate discussions have been done no point to bring it here again
But I know u won't as all u want is to draw conclusion on basis of idea u have
Go ahead

Blademaster

This is the article

Go ahead
No don't go around and twist the words. I asked that how you arrived at your conclusions. And you posted an article that is behind a paywall and resorted to lazy tactics such as "It has been discussed before. No point in bringing it up again" as a way of forestalling the need to explain the steps of how you arrived at your conclusions.

In short, you don't want to explain your reasoning for your conclusions because you got jack shit.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No don't go around and twist the words. I asked that how you arrived at your conclusions. And you posted an article that is behind a paywall and resorted to lazy tactics such as "It has been discussed before. No point in bringing it up again" as a way of forestalling the need to explain the steps of how you arrived at your conclusions.

In short, you don't want to explain your reasoning for your conclusions because you got jack shit.
It's not under pay wall dumbass
I don't know what problem u have got with your internet
First of all I am not entitled to ur orders "explain again"
It's u who forgot the matter idiot
So I posted the page number coz repeated discussion add no value to the thread
I have written a post and also anupu ji has written a detailed explanation
But retards like u know only to pick baseless issue and repeatedly posting it
My last post on this
And stop giving ur opinion on others when u have no idea better keep quite or hit ur head somewhere else
I can't do if retards don't want read and understand even when spoon feeding is done

NutCracker

Country flag

EXPORTS TO ISRAEL !
translated :
The facts about Borkum There is a lot of noise and I have tried to talk to everyone to understand what is happening. -The Borkum is right now on the outskirts of the port of Cartagena. It comes from Las Palmas where it refueled and cleared customs and in Cartagena it will unload part of the material to a company in Granada. https:// vesselfinder.com/es/?imo=9457153 -The ship also transports military material. That is a fact shown by the loading documents. -The complainant in the case and the BDS movement assure that the ship is going to Slovenia and from there to Ashdod (Israel). (I have accessed the complaint documentation that I cannot share to guarantee the security of the source) -The government assures that the material from Slovenia goes to the Czech Republic by land and that it has documentary guarantee that this is the case. I have obtained the official document transferred to the government of Spain with the certificate from the Czech Republic that guarantees that the military material in the shipment is for use in its defense. Point 1 of the document. This is what I have been able to know.
View attachment 254230
Israel ke paas 125mm wali koi artillery hai hi nahi. Kidhar Jaa Raha hai ye maal..
Cykronazis ke paas .:hmm:

sameer3694

This is the article

Go ahead
At least wait for the actual report to come out with full text and then make your conclusions based on that. Don't black pill based on news articles. In fact nobody even knows how many of these reforms will be implemented. So, wait and watch.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
At least wait for the actual report to come out with full text and then make your conclusions based on that. Don't black pill based on news articles. In fact nobody even knows how many of these reforms will be implemented. So, wait and watch.
These reforms will implemented with 100 days of govt formation
But it's nice that only those will be implemented which has been commonly agreed and the ones where disagreement exists will be discussed later
As per ANI

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Those 125mm HE rounds were meant for Ukrainian T-series of tanks, but the stupid Spanish govt thought it was for Israel and did not allow the ship to make a port call.
If it was actually secretly going to Ukraine I don’t think Spain would have stopped it or Uncle Sam would have bailed the stuff out can be wrong tho

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Wtf

The point is, that screwdrivergiri is by far an easier choice, and as long as that choice is allowed, RnD will not happen.

If anything, DRDO should be empowered and expanded, not cut off.
What does that even mean? Private companies are worthless for R&D. Expecting private company to do sophisticated R&D is the biggest joke of the century. The only R&D they will do is cheap designs, fancy stuffs etc. Never has in the history of mankind, private companies have indulged in self funded sophisticated R&D. Even when private companies do sophisticated R&D, it is always funded by govt or has tacit agreements on political level.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles