Zen Technologies unveils ShootEdge (Cornershot equivalent)

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag

-------------------------------------

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
ZEN Tech's USP is simulators, good to see that they are moving towards hardware. Let's hope they are not assembling kits.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Why don't they think out of box for once and try to assemble a much potent weapon on the system then relying on a 9mm pistol like guys in cornershot.

For example, they could try to put on USMC with MINSAS. It would be a much needed fresh breath of air then the tried and tested 9mm glocks and colts.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Why don't they think out of box for once and try to assemble a much potent weapon on the system then relying on a 9mm pistol like guys in cornershot.

For example, they could try to put on USMC with MINSAS. It would be a much needed fresh breath of air then the tried and tested 9mm glocks and colts.
Who is "they" that you are referring to?

If it is ZEN, then we have to consider that if they have a product now then the development would have been done atleast 2-3 years earlier in previous govt. The impact of new procurement policy will be seen only in 2018-2019, not sooner.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Who is "they" that you are referring to?

If it is ZEN, then we have to consider that if they have a product now then the development would have been done atleast 2-3 years earlier in previous govt. The impact of new procurement policy will be seen only in 2018-2019, not sooner.
By they I meant ZEN technologies only. Now development of a new product by a pvt co. has nothing to do with any govt. Its really heartening to see that they are into such a field and trying to develop something unique.

But again we have to look at what they have produced or trying to produce. They are producing a product equivalent to one which is tried and tested and already in use. They need to think something out of box to make themselves more appetizing in market. What new they are offering with their ShootEdge which CornerShot had not?

By just targeting the domestic market with cheap alternative, you would be restricting your flow. Ofcourse in case of huge investment and tech it would be a different ball game. But with supporting product like this, they should think out of box and one step, if not a couple, further to make themselves more viable and lucrative in race.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
By they I meant ZEN technologies only. Now development of a new product by a pvt co. has nothing to do with any govt. Its really heartening to see that they are into such a field and trying to develop something unique.

But again we have to look at what they have produced or trying to produce. They are producing a product equivalent to one which is tried and tested and already in use. They need to think something out of box to make themselves more appetizing in market. What new they are offering with their ShootEdge which CornerShot had not?

By just targeting the domestic market with cheap alternative, you would be restricting your flow. Ofcourse in case of huge investment and tech it would be a different ball game. But with supporting product like this, they should think out of box and one step, if not a couple, further to make themselves more viable and lucrative in race.
Agreed.

But we also have to consider the fact that private defence in india are very unlikely to have "state of art" products as they have not spent much on R&D earlier.

They did Not spend of R&D because they did not have a visibility of pipeline(orders).

They did not have pipeline because forces did not have clarity from govt on policy.

We know why the previous govt did not have clarity of defence procurement, corruption.

What ZEN Is doing is natural progression, given the circumstances. Let them bag some export orders in next few years, there is a high probability your expectations will come true.

sayareakd

Country flag
Is it licence product or illegal copy of patent, since it has same system it has to one of two.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Agreed.

But we also have to consider the fact that private defence in india are very unlikely to have "state of art" products as they have not spent much on R&D earlier.

They did Not spend of R&D because they did not have a visibility of pipeline(orders).

They did not have pipeline because forces did not have clarity from govt on policy.

We know why the previous govt did not have clarity of defence procurement, corruption.

What ZEN Is doing is natural progression, given the circumstances. Let them bag some export orders in next few years, there is a high probability your expectations will come true.
Totally agree with you. But just look at what i am saying.

For example picatinny rail has already been developed. Now if you start producing picatinny rail without any difference or new addon, you have nothing new to provide to customer. Making cheap derivatives of such products is not going to help you in long run.

Now producing a whole new gun or rifle is another thing, but producing a new addon with nothing new to provide is another thing. Hope you got my point in why I am asking for something new out of box thinking in it.

rishivashista13

Country flag
Anyways , this shows that our wepone industries are growing very fast , and soon we will become reliable .

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

rishivashista13

Country flag
Totally agree with you. But just look at what i am saying.

For example picatinny rail has already been developed. Now if you start producing picatinny rail without any difference or new addon, you have nothing new to provide to customer. Making cheap derivatives of such products is not going to help you in long run.

Now producing a whole new gun or rifle is another thing, but producing a new addon with nothing new to provide is another thing. Hope you got my point in why I am asking for something new out of box thinking in it.
I think at this stage we should support them insted of insulting them , these companies are new to defence sector give them some time they can do miracle .
We are Indians and we have worlds finest brains .

rishivashista13

Country flag
I dont think our army will buy this gun as we have already imported the best , but they can export it to other small countries as they need good wepons in less price .

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
I dont think our army will buy this gun as we have already imported the best , but they can export it to other small countries as they need good wepons in less price .

It's not just the army, the there is a growing market in the police forces in India alone...

And there's nothing wrong with them creating an alternative to an outside model. If OFB can do the same by copying an old AK and MP5 design to get some of the share of the pie, I see nothing wrong with what Zen Tech is doing. Matter a fact, I give them props for taking the risk.

Matter a fact, ARDE is also making a cornshot, which btw doesnt look as good as this.

Last edited:

rishivashista13

Country flag
It's not just the army, the there is a growing market in the police forces in India alone...

And there's nothing wrong with them creating an alternative to an outside model. If OFB can do the same by copying an old AK and MP5 design to get some of the share of the pie, I see nothing wrong with what Zen Tech is doing. Matter a fact, I give them props for taking the risk.

Matter a fact, ARDE is also making a cornshot, which btw doesnt look as good as this.
Fully agree with you , our police forces are best platform for testing new wepons and gaining some experience .

Chinmoy

Country flag
I think at this stage we should support them insted of insulting them , these companies are new to defence sector give them some time they can do miracle .
We are Indians and we have worlds finest brains .

No way I am insulting them. I've already mentioned about their good work in previous post. All I am saying is, why not try a bit more by incorporating some heavy weapon then the light weight Baretta or Colt.

airtel

Country flag
i dont think Army or Police forces would buy this Shoot-edge , because DRDO has developed a similar weapon ................

Web Images NewsShuihowing results.JPG

Global Defence

Articles