What you Love and Hate about DFI?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The thing i don't like about DFI is that sometimes we tend to get irrational about certain issue China espically in the area they are ahead of us.
then it's certainly not DFI or it's rules isn't it? If we are not up with it, then accept it. China is ahead of us in many ways. If the chief of navy can say that, we too can accept it. But it doesn't put us down in anyway as we are working hard ourselves to reach a higher level. There is always something we can learn from everyone.

For me the best thing is that we allow everyone to post freely within forum rules. When someone from another country is posting something, even if he is posting crap and under estimating us, its good for us. An adversary under estimating his opponent is sure to get a bloody nose. It's slwsys good to learn about the other sides mind.

sky

i like the informed articles on issues being discussed ,eg weapons/history/strategy.but most important i like the way they are debated.not in the style that you see on pdf,but in a calm and rational voice.in fact i cant understand why indians would join such a forum .

Flint

Because we strive to be a calm, rational people who don't need to resort to slander in order to defend our ideas!

i like the informed articles on issues being discussed ,eg weapons/history/strategy.but most important i like the way they are debated.not in the style that you see on pdf,but in a calm and rational voice.in fact i cant understand why indians would join such a forum .

ShyAngel

Founding Member
The only thing I like the most about DFI is shout box so that whenever I get bored I get to come here. But apart from that I'm glad my friend rage invite me in here and I met our best supervisor 'SINGH IS KING' and became very good friend. Rest its its not so pleasant, specially at times being the only girl in here is pain in ass. Debating and surviving with all these guys in here is not less then raising a 5 boys at same time. Ufffffffffffffffffffffff

Pintu

What I love most about Defence Forum of India , that it is a great place to have access of precious knowledge about defence and apart form military strategies, views many wide ranging topics from health, food to economy and analysis of issues by respected member with their great views and any military related topic greatly answered by our respected military professionals who are think tank of this beautiful forum with their gracious knowledge and the Moderation and dedication by the Team Defence Forum of India which is guiding the forum towards the zenith.

and the bondage of friendship, that powers this forum, I have met with many great friends whom I have never known , who introduced me to this wonderful world, here the Defence Forum of India , acts as bridge of friendship that works through the heart of human sans any religion, race , caste & creed and where friendship obey no boundary.

Long live Defence Forum of India!

Warm Regards

pyromaniac

Founding Member
First things first, I love the shout box feature we have here....never a dull moment in those conversations lol. Another thing I love are the mods and I am mean that a hundred percent. To Invi and the gang..you guys are by far the best admin/moderation team that I have seen and I have been around the block more than a few times.
I also like the fact that you guys seem to be planning ahead..DFI gets a lot of new features and cool little perks added every now and then..this keeps things very fun. The one thing that can help is more members..the more members we have the better we will get as more ideas and different perspectives are always fun. However at the rate we are going that is going to happen very soon...so all I have say is good job everybody. This is growing to be one of the best military forums on the web :)

Officer of Engineers

Professional
What I like, I get to talk the Brigadier again. What I see? The stupidity of this forum that is driving away the military professionals with the idiotic postings.

You've got kids posting about genocides when you have military officers killing idiots doing genocide.

You've got lawyers trying to tell me about the Laws of War and while I respect their opinion about their legality, no one has zero clue about the balance of terror.

You ALL THINK INDIA is in the driver seat, get a clue.

India and Pakistan are the last of the latest of nuclear weapons states and your nukes are no where near as impressive as the true nuclear weapons states and no, Israel is not a true nuclear weapons state.

How many MP are still posting? And one is because he has to because he is a mod.

I have provided links and documentation and only the idiots have responded without reading them.

Civies, I hate to tell you. This ain't a military forum.

And yeah, this dinosaur don't care.

You want a military forum, then start catering to the military. You are not. Not by a long shot.

Officer of Engineers

Professional
Fine.

I have been invited here and certain things I will stay silent but I will not stay silent on what is right and wrong. I am not the Brigadier and I do not have his constitution on symbolism.

But Good God, people! You have two posters advocating the murder of women and children and you have not banned them?

You allow them their voice? For what? For the murder of women and children?

Send their IPs to the CCP. I will rejoice when the CAPF put a 7.62x39 round into their heads.

advaita

What I like, I get to talk the Brigadier again. What I see? The stupidity of this forum that is driving away the military professionals with the idiotic postings.

You've got kids posting about genocides when you have military officers killing idiots doing genocide.

You've got lawyers trying to tell me about the Laws of War and while I respect their opinion about their legality, no one has zero clue about the balance of terror.

India and Pakistan are the last of the latest of nuclear weapons states and your nukes are no where near as impressive as the true nuclear weapons states and no, Israel is not a true nuclear weapons state.

How many MP are still posting? And one is because he has to because he is a mod.

I have provided links and documentation and only the idiots have responded without reading them.

You want a military forum, then start catering to the military. You are not. Not by a long shot.
1) I am really sorry that I wasnt more more care full while replying to you. Pls accept my appologies.
2) But you find me crazy. I find you the only guy here who can challenge me to think. (BTW I am working on your links too. But boy it is going to take long. I will require next sunday full day for it. A few BD guys made me work too hard for my age and that is why i didnt reply fast enough on your links. I want to think before I write.) The thread is too important to me.
3) Also I went off military hardware and pure military tactical literature around 15-17 years back (back when I was in 10th standard. But I was always interested in society and its protection and development - all round for everyone incl. teh ChiPak, which is a responsibility of everone incl. both militarymen and civvies). The only reason i came here was that the forum gives the impression that is about defence of India needs. Had these guys given the impression that it catered to military of India needs, I would have let it pass. BR i visit only occassionally only because it is overwhellmingly military of India site.
4) We may or may not be on the driving seat sir, what Indian ideally would like to be on the driving seat at least for there own defence......or am i wrong.

I tender my apology. But permission to continue on the forum Shriman. :LOL

Officer of Engineers

Professional
1)I tender my apology. But permission to continue on the forum Shriman. :LOL
It's not you. It's those who Han idiots who blames the CCP for not carrying out the genocide against the Uyghars and the Tibettans.

You, I can handle. You're just a lawyer. The other two, I want the CAPF to put a bullet behind their skulls.

A.V.

sir the two are already warned and given an infarction ..... they were banned previously but only temporarily i think its high time for them to go now ....

added later :-- we try to provide members with a second chance if they mend their ways or try to learn but those who dont they are certainly not welcome, a number of such members will be done away with

Officer of Engineers

Professional
About time. This forum may be pro-India, anti-West, anti-China whatever but what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong and advocating genocide is wrong!

And you wonder why the Military Professionals left this forum.

If it feels wrong, it is wrong.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

oh common sir ...this is the limit, there is no point you being blunt like this. If you are so concerned about india's inability to impress as the true nuclear weapons state cause its arsenal is as a pure deterrent rather than as an instrument of war. Then why we are not having discussion of such constrains (big bully boss)when india was restricted to afford a costly investment to the pursuit of a "ready arsenal" (one with nuclear missiles that can be launched at a moment's notice) than to eschew "recessed deterrence" .

You simply want to bombard or influx information/details which is junk for many readers here or you are preconditioned to belive that all indian are ediots.

hit&run

Mod
:dazed::dazed:Further more i personally hate when i have to work day and night and my wife has to raise hell against me when you provide many links which are beyond my IQ...:12::12:

Officer of Engineers

Professional
oh common sir ...this is the limit, there is no point you being blunt like this.
Am I?

If you are so concerned about india's inability to impress as the true nuclear weapons state cause its arsenal is as a pure deterrent rather than as an instrument of war.
The funny thing about all this is that it is you, the civilians who are making the big ruckus, not the military. I am NOT the one who came up with the 200 nuke limit, that was deduced by Ashley J Tellis. I understand the decision and I am trying to explain the decision but thus far, I am being attacked for a decision that I was never been part of nor have any influence, in fact, absolutely zero. In other words, I am being attacked for defending an Indian strategic decision by Indians.

Then why we are not having discussion of such constrains (big white a** bully)when india was restricted to afford a costly investment to the pursuit of a "ready arsenal" (one with nuclear missiles that can be launched at a moment's notice) than to eschew "recessed deterrence" .
Are you really that idiotic and I mean it in every sense of the word to assume that I am a decision maker? I understand the decision. I am not the one who made it.

You simply want to bombard or influx information/details which is junk for many readers here or you are preconditioned to belive that all indian are ediots.
On the contray, your strategic thinkers have been only been matched by one other power, the PRC, and that power has avoided a nuclear attack by another nuclear power 100 times her size.

I've understood your strategic planners' decisions. You have not. You have argued for a position counter to your own strategic planners while blaming me for my arrogance when you are the one who refused to understand the 200 nuke limit.

Son, I was not the one who decided India should only have 200 nukes ... but I understood the decision. So, why are you blaming me for understanding your strategic planners?

Officer of Engineers

Professional
:dazed::dazed:Further more i personally hate when i have to work day and night and my wife has to raise hell against me when you provide many links which are beyond my IQ...:12::12:
Oh come on! They are not beyond your IQ! They are perfect excuses to avoid your wife.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
i am new kid but i really liked shout box idea plus can we have separate fields 4 u r 2 respective neighboring countries

hit&run

Mod
Sir, My wife likes when someone pulls me down, and unfortunately she is reading your posts as well. :connie_searchingsky:((
Damn....i was quoting Ashley J Tellis in my above post, and you where bang on target.
Its not difficult to understand 200 limit but the question is credibility of information; from where all discussions arose. I have mentioned in my yesterdays posts regarding china as well.

The latest trend is 'Zero Nuclear' and only USA has specific itching for that so the question remains why US is engaging Russia and china for disarmament.(Cause USA thinks both Russia and china(more) are idiots?).

After 1999(when US accused china for stealing nuclear technology) US think tanks are forced not to believe in strategic postures even evidence based to review own nuclear deterrence but more obsessive for nuclear war readiness just near like Cold war era.

if i can answer myself and believe in details provided by you then i am more satisfied by the fact that USA is benign to engage china as compare to it proactive engagement with Russia for disarmament.

Officer of Engineers

Professional
Sir, My wife likes when someone pulls me down, and unfortunately she is reading your posts as well. :connie_searchingsky:((
Oh Hi, Mrs. Hit&Run, you know your husband worships the ground you walk on. In fact, he has a dinner-&-show all planned out for you.

In fact, he is willing to let you and your girlfriends enjoy the entire night by yourselves while he hunkers down and sulk at the local sports bar with nothing on TV but the football game.

... pssst, how's that working?

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Oh Hi, Mrs. Hit&Run, you know your husband worships the ground you walk on. In fact, he has a dinner-&-show all planned out for you.

In fact, he is willing to let you and your girlfriends enjoy the entire night by yourselves while he hunkers down and sulk at the local sports bar with nothing on TV but the football game.

... pssst, how's that working?
:coffee_spray:
:D :D :D

Sir, Thats the first sign of humour I have ever seen from your side ! :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles