Welcome to Kerala Korner!

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Ties have changed and old customs have been been relegated to the background so its diffuclt to say if there were any differences,but i can sate one thing with certainty,from what i gather from the elders,it seems there seems to exist a some kind of traditional animosity between Thekekar(people of south and Vadakekar(people of north).Iam not sure if this merely restricted to just the Nairs or if it applies to all malayaless in general.Marriage between couples haling from north or south was extremely rare in the olden days and even now is generally not very popular.

From what i gather the northern people think that the southern folks cheated them on account of some land disputes,whose origins is very murky.may be some folk here from the north can give their end of the story.But i doubt there is difference when it comes to customs and traditions.In the north and Malabar the Nairs generally go by their title of Menon,in the south they go by the titles like Pillai and Thambi.
Sata u r correct.The northern southern difference is not just between nairs.its among christians also plus ther is distinction between muslims also.The common thing is that irrespective of religion southern people are considered not to be trusted. Plus marriages are also not a welcome one.

Iamanidiot

there are people who believe idiots here.@spark how famous is belly dancer nowadays

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You guys know one of the mods @ DFI now famous in malayalam movies???:whistle:
and who could that be?

Kamalashan?

Nor is there anyone who is Ramendran.

Neither is there Silky Smitha!

:pound:

A.V.

The guy who is famous and about whom spark is saying is ahmedsid , many of you know him from old dfi days

peacecracker

Sata u r correct.The northern southern difference is not just between nairs.its among christians also plus ther is distinction between muslims also.The common thing is that irrespective of religion southern people are considered not to be trusted. Plus marriages are also not a welcome one.
it is just a proverb used in malabar area. nothing like that. yes, culture is different. since you are from kottaayam, do you consider the malabari nasranis who have migrated from kottaayam-pala not your people?
it's all superficial. only difference comes after kanhangad in north where the language mixes with tulu. same with Trivandrum,kollam districts.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The guy who is famous and about whom spark is saying is ahmedsid , many of you know him from old dfi days
He is a film star?

whats his actual name?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Damn our belly dancer ahmed is missing! We could have made him dance in this corner :becky:

I'd have whirled few coins :p

Last edited:

SpArK

SORCERER
He is a celebrity after a small funny role..

Here is the clip.. the guy in specks..in school uniform...

Last edited by a moderator:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
He is a celebrity after a small funny role..

Here is the clip.. the guy in specks..in school uniform...

really?? the ever boring mirash a DFIan?oh noooooooooo

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir his name is ahmed siddique , he is a script writer and into movies for long.
Thanks.

I worked for my aunt for a short time, who is a film producer and own cinema halls and when Ms Zinta (or someone equally famous, I don't remember) came I did not who she was and she was real miffed!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Another interesting thing of Kerala is that they call sun glasses as 'cooling glasses'!

and when they say "sari sari", they are not talking about sarees or even saying 'Sorry' with an accent! :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles