Thyssen-Krupp seeking a buyer for its naval business group

Neil

Country flag
Sir, I did it, that is true.

But only once and that was against Kalyani howitzer.

I still stand on my point for that matter.

-------

On other hand I preferred GoI should allow L&T to design and make their own submarine.

And for finance and other govts will allow it or not, all these can be sort out, once GoI decide their target.
No 'sir' please..

no no I'm not blaming u or pointing fingers for supporting PSU or Private firms.. I for one believe whoever does the best job the contract should go to them. No discrimination No favoritism et all. That confidence of level playing field needs to be created.

Plus I will also argue for funding defence project. Why not help built capacities for private firms[only with really good brand image company] by various initiatives.

Otm Shank2

Submarine and military manufacturing companies are strategic assets that directly keep western hegemony. If it does get sold to india it would be after its a hollow shell of a company where its most important human resources and most advanced intellectual property rights/patents are transfered or sold to western controlled companies. You may get a boost in technology youre probably be close to developing yourselves in the near short term but probably would just pay for a name.

Last edited:

power_monger

Country flag
BTW,What is preventing india to design its own submarine? DRDO has technology of almost every sub system of Submarine developed now.Even the AIP is being now tested on scorpene submarine. Is it money or polotical will?

Otm Shank2

BTW,What is preventing india to design its own submarine? DRDO has technology of almost every sub system of Submarine developed now.Even the AIP is being now tested on scorpene submarine. Is it money or polotical will?
See here

defenceforumindia.com/forum/defence-strategic-issues/65252-drdo-built-silver-chariot-temple-pune.html

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles