Three UN Indian peacekeepers dead in South Sudan

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Why should you get more say before you pay? Doesn't the saying go, you have to pay to play? You work to maintain peace yet you are paid by the rich "white countries" to do it. It is a volunteer job, yet Indians come in droves to do it because they earn way more than they do on domestic duty and send a nice remittance back to their families so they can live a comfortable life. You could say developed countries are getting squeezed by the third world on the peacekeeping budget. We pay 90% of it yet only collect 15.
Indians soldiers go there to maintain peace and these are those nations only who are fighting with each other because of natural sources in which the western companies are involved and Indian soldiers come under UN mandate not come in droves . Third world countries are squeezed because of the natural resources which are being exploited by Western companies . You talk about Paying of 90% for the peace keepers but don't want to see how many billions are taken away from the Western companies from that part ?

Because they are full of Muslims causing ethnic strife. You can't blame the West for Muslim intolerance except maybe Osama Bin Laden. But I would never bunch you with him.
South Sudan is a Christian country , here both Government and rebels are Christians . Even in Nigeria Delta zone , there are Christian terrorist who are fighting , Eritrean Christian are in ranks of Somalian Al Shabaab . These issues are beyond religion , its the religious card use by the Western companies in Africa so that they can exploit the natural resources .

I can respect that, but we are talking about more control over security issues.
And that money goes for the welfare schemes in those regions only where the Western companies are exploiting the masses

You are cherry picking UN payments when India doesn't pay 10% of what France does in the general budget. India pledges $11 million when its requirement is set at $17 million. The general budget is chicken scratch compared to the costs of the peacekeeping budget and the real power brokers of the UN are the security leaders, not the humanitarians.
France even reap billions from the ex colonies , just try to check . Good way . earning from those countries and putting peanuts in UN and then point out at India that India is not giving money in UN . India give money for the upliftment of the masses , for awareness etc .

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Indians soldiers go there to maintain peace and these are those nations only who are fighting with each other because of natural sources in which the western companies are involved and Indian soldiers come under UN mandate not come in droves . Third world countries are squeezed because of the natural resources which are being exploited by Western companies . You talk about Paying of 90% for the peace keepers but don't want to see how many billions are taken away from the Western companies from that part ?
Peace is good for business, yes that is why we are there. We maintain order so business can carry on. Like India can claim a holier-than-thou presence when after China and France, India is next on African neo-colonialism. You are angry because India does not protect its investments as France does with direct military projection while your men still sacrifice under the guise of UN peacekeeping. The UN is there for the same reason French troops are, to stablise the region for economic development.

South Sudan is a Christian country , here both Government and rebels are Christians . Even in Nigeria Delta zone , there are Christian terrorist who are fighting , Eritrean Christian are in ranks of Somalian Al Shabaab . These issues are beyond religion , its the religious card use by the Western companies in Africa so that they can exploit the natural resources.
Yes, it is beyond religion. It is tribal much like some of your own unrest in India. I was trying to tell TrueSpirit this on another thread. The idea Christians could fight under a wing of Al Queda = purely tribal interest. What goes on the ME is a battle between Sunni and Shia Islam. Africa is far more tribal interests.

And that money goes for the welfare schemes in those regions only where the Western companies are exploiting the masses
And what about Chinese, Indian and Russian companies exploiting the masses? Like it is all Western influence? :confused:

France even reap billions from the ex colonies , just try to check . Good way . earning from those countries and putting peanuts in UN and then point out at India that India is not giving money in UN . India give money for the upliftment of the masses , for awareness etc .
Yeah right, like Indian investment is there only the benefit of local Africans. Sure... Indian companies don't give a flying flip about African quality of life any more than Western companies do and only slightly more than Chinese sheer exploitation.

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Peace is good for business, yes that is why we are there. We maintain order so business can carry on. Like India can claim a holier-than-thou presence when after China and France, India is next on African neo-colonialism. You are angry because India does not protect its investments as France does with direct military projection while your men still sacrifice under the guise of UN peacekeeping. The UN is there for the same reason French troops are, to stablise the region for economic development.
Yes peace is good not just for the countries but even for the ordinary people . But the case which you are making is completely strange . Rebels are backed by by those companies which doesnt like Indians and Chinese in the region . And first of the all Indians came signed agreements with the elected Government for the investment . There should be UN inquiry who were behind the arming the rebels .

Yes, it is beyond religion. It is tribal much like some of your own unrest in India. I was trying to tell TrueSpirit this on another thread. The idea Christians could fight under a wing of Al Queda = purely tribal interest. What goes on the ME is a battle between Sunni and Shia Islam. Africa is far more tribal interests.
Just try to know why UN resolution was issued against Eritrea ?

The UN Security Council has toughened sanctions against Eritrea after its East African neighbors accused it of continuing to provide support to Islamist militants.
BBC News - Eritrea: UN Security Council toughens sanctions

And what about Chinese, Indian and Russian companies exploiting the masses? Like it is all Western influence? :confused:
From UN funds , you just gone somewhere else just because it shows that Western companies earn billions from Africa and its natural resources and you want India to give more in UN fund and have extra role in UN peacekeeping force . If India will give more in peace keeping funds then believe me the situation would be the same .

Yeah right, like Indian investment is there only the benefit of local Africans. Sure... Indian companies don't give a flying flip about African quality of life any more than Western companies do and only slightly more than Chinese sheer exploitation.
Indian Medicine and products are more cheaper for Africans to access and common man can afford them and there has been a big change in the lifes of Africans . Medicines are very costly in Western world even for their own citizens . even the telecommunication sector is blooming in Africa because of Indians .

Non-European net exporters include China, India, Mexico and Singapore.India is a major source of medicines.Indian medicines are sold more cheaply than European medicines, therefore India's export earnings are lower, so India appears smaller on this map.
http://www.worldmapper.org/posters/worldmapper_map67_ver5.pdf

http://www.dailynews.co.tz/index.php/local-news/16794-indian-medicines-impress-african-buyers

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Yes peace is good not just for the countries but even for the ordinary people . But the case which you are making is completely strange . Rebels are backed by by those companies which doesnt like Indians and Chinese in the region . And first of the all Indians came signed agreements with the elected Government for the investment . There should be UN inquiry who were behind the arming the rebels .

From UN funds , you just gone somewhere else just because it shows that Western companies earn billions from Africa and its natural resources and you want India to give more in UN fund and have extra role in UN peacekeeping force . If India will give more in peace keeping funds then believe me the situation would be the same .

Indian Medicine and products are more cheaper for Africans to access and common man can afford them and there has been a big change in the lifes of Africans . Medicines are very costly in Western world even for their own citizens . even the telecommunication sector is blooming in Africa because of Indians .

Non-European net exporters include China, India, Mexico and Singapore.India is a major source of medicines.Indian medicines are sold more cheaply than European medicines, therefore India's export earnings are lower, so India appears smaller on this map.
http://www.worldmapper.org/posters/worldmapper_map67_ver5.pdf

http://www.dailynews.co.tz/index.php/local-news/16794-indian-medicines-impress-african-buyers
You sell drugs and run cellular networks, that somehow makes India's intentions in Africa more benevolent? No, you have found your market nitch and you make money. Those don't include your billions of investment looking for oil and farmland. Now you take over energy grids and networks. You are just a neo-colonial as the rest of us.

So Western companies are arming rebel groups? Doubt it... Chinese companies I can believe.

If Indians are going to complain about not having enough clout in the UN, I expect you to understand the concept of pay to play.

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned
You sell drugs and run cellular networks, that somehow makes India's intentions in Africa more benevolent? No, you have found your market nitch and you make money.
Indians are investing in basic things like education, medicine , communication which are affordable by the African nations . The same things if the Africans try to get from Western countries , then it would be too much costly from them . Western companies makes big bills because of the technology and too costly manpower.

Those don't include your billions of investment looking for oil and farmland. Now you take over energy grids and networks. You are just a neo-colonial as the rest of us.
It was the decision of the South Sudan Government to let India invest and expand its oil infrastructure and this decision was mainly to stop the regional powers interference. With the situation in Libya and Mali , South Sudan government was not willing to let Western companies because it would make the New country to be at odds with the regional powers . And only this has happened . Some countries doesn't like Indian, Chinese and Malaysian investing in South Sudan .

So Western companies are arming rebel groups? Doubt it... Chinese companies I can believe.
Oilfields in South Sudan, which became independent on July 9, produced about 375,000 barrels of crude, pumped mainly by China National Petroleum Corp., Malaysia's Petroliam Nasional Bhd. and India's Oil & Natural Gas Corp.
South Sudan's Oil Company Forms Joint Venture With Glencore to Sell Oil - Bloomberg

India holds a 25% stake in the Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company, a consortium with the China National Petroleum Corporation (40%) and stake; Malaysia's PETRONAS (25%).
South Sudan president accepts Indian invitation - Sudan Tribune: Plural news and views on Sudan

If Indians are going to complain about not having enough clout in the UN, I expect you to understand the concept of pay to play.
Here its about getting back to those oil fields were the investment is at stake . And Indians have acquired those rights by legal procedure .

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

I don't have enough Enough Knowledge to debunk the @Deccani 's View

As of My knowledge I will accept what the french Forces doing in Africa To re establish the Peace in the region :hail: :france: :hail: :france:

Last edited by a moderator:

Deccani

Tihar Jail
Banned

I don't have enough Enough Knowledge to debunk the @Deccani 's View

As of My knowledge I will accept what the french Forces doing in Africa To re establish the Peace in the region :hail: :france: :hail: :france:
Its not about establishing peace in the region , its all business . French wants to keep grip on its ex colonies by any means .

Last edited by a moderator:

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles