Third indian person shot dead in USA within a couple of weeks

ghost

The title is misleading :
If you read the article the individual were an US national. He was paying tax to US government not GoI.
They had abandoned India for their US dream.
The wife of the techie killed first had doubts about staying in US" she had her doubts about staying in the US but was assured by her husband that “good things happen in America”.http://www.livemint.com/Politics/w8...e-of-killed-Indian-engineer-Srinivas-ask.html .But after her husband murder she is convinced to stay in US and also use his death to prioritize her migration status and get a citizenship of US.lol,opportunist!http://www.news18.com/news/india/ka...return-to-us-to-fulfil-his-dream-1355067.html

Going back to US and using death of her husband to prioritize her citizenship in a country in which her husband was killed for his skin color,is her choice ,her life,I respect that.But, if tomorrow she is treated like shit for her skin color or face any discrimination then she should not expect any sympathy from India.

I have nothing against people moving abroad for better life,many of my cousins have settled abroad even I might settle outside of India.But,I hate hypocrisy ,if I move abroad then it would be my choice and I will be responsible for the consequence of that choice.Would not drag India into my problems.

pringles

The wife of the techie killed first had doubts about staying in US" she had her doubts about staying in the US but was assured by her husband that “good things happen in America”.http://www.livemint.com/Politics/w8...e-of-killed-Indian-engineer-Srinivas-ask.html .But after her husband murder she is convinced to stay in US and also use his death to prioritize her migration status and get a citizenship of US.lol,opportunist!http://www.news18.com/news/india/ka...return-to-us-to-fulfil-his-dream-1355067.html

Going back to US and using death of her husband to prioritize her citizenship in a country in which her husband was killed for his skin color,is her choice ,her life,I respect that.But, if tomorrow she is treated like shit for her skin color or face any discrimination then she should not expect any sympathy from India.

I have nothing against people moving abroad for better life,many of my cousins have settled abroad even I might settle outside of India.But,I hate hypocrisy ,if I move abroad then it would be my choice and I will be responsible for the consequence of that choice.Would not drag India into my problems.
Very well said.

The fact that she married him itself is a result of his NRI status. So the trip to USA is more important than the means to that trip (husband). Husband gone, no problem. Citizenship cancelled, problem.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Status Updat e

actually just yesterday ore or less saturday ( US time ) another india was shot but didnt die

so if we alter the title to how any were shot at , then the number goes to 4 with the latter few being ne day after another ...i.e. the last 3 out of 4 were more or less one per day (self-edit : actually i a bit mixed up here , the last one did die but the previous one a singh , didnt ) ( neverthless our wild west thinks we are "Injuns", ...so they are shooting us at a "nice" rate of one per day ....

and that doesnt include other less violent but still traumatic hate crimes such as that african boy who shouted at the indian lady ( in the US ) to " go home "

i think in the light of recent circumstances, we'd better stop the over-flaunting of our highest paid professionals status and we'd better stop applauding ourselves as well ....... we can earn more, but hide the fact ....a bit of tact may go a long way

• just be more ordinary and we also have to mix more and try to differentiate ourselves from certain other people who look like us and who are the actual target !

Last edited:

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
But they weren't getting attacked for being American citizens. If the US administration itself is being ignorant and directly/indirectly involved in hate crimes, then it's job of our government to take the matter with their government. People from all over the world move all over the rest of world and get citizenships in States they are staying, doesn't make them strangers. Does it?
It's the job of GoI to look after the welfare of Indian citizens and not those who have renounced Indian citizenship.
I request you to go to youtube and watch the video regarding US Citizenship Oath Ceremony.
People from all over the world move all over the rest of world and get citizenships in States they are staying, doesn't make them strangers. - In a sense it does. They are no longer India citizen and so no longer GoI's responsibility.
These so called NRI and Indians will happily throw India, its interest and GoI under the bus even for small gains which has been evident several times in the past.
GoI is not a thekedar for people of Indian race or ethnicity.

pringles

It's the job of GoI to look after the welfare of Indian citizens and not those who have renounced Indian citizenship.
I request you to go to youtube and watch the video regarding US Citizenship Oath Ceremony.
People from all over the world move all over the rest of world and get citizenships in States they are staying, doesn't make them strangers. - In a sense it does. They are no longer India citizen and so no longer GoI's responsibility.
These so called NRI and Indians will happily throw India, its interest and GoI under the bus even for small gains which has been evident several times in the past.
GoI is not a thekedar for people of Indian race or ethnicity.
True.

The amount of entitlement they have is astounding.

"Where is GOI? where are the people of India?" they ask. Are bhailog, you got free subsidized education at the expense of the common Indian taxpayer, which allowed you to study in premier colleges and go to the US to earn money and get a pretty wife to hump. Is that not enough freeloading? you still want more hand holding? you want GOI to fight your battles when you yourself cannot step out of your cozy California mansion to rally for Indian interests?

If the NRIs in US (numbering 1% of the US population, that's ~ 3Million) were united, they would represent a formidable political lobby, they wouldn't even need GOI assistance to get their issues sorted. But Indians, even after going to the US, carry the same crab mentality of "I am better than other Indians" and this comes in the way of forming a unified feeling of brotherhood.

Fokat ka maal kitna khaoge bhai. Thodi toh sharam karlo.

pringles

But they weren't getting attacked for being American citizens. If the US administration itself is being ignorant and directly/indirectly involved in hate crimes, then it's job of our government to take the matter with their government. People from all over the world move all over the rest of world and get citizenships in States they are staying, doesn't make them strangers. Does it?
This is very narrow perspective. The fact is that Indians in the US are not at par with other races because we have a different story than others. Just take a look at how our group interacts with the US as a whole, compared to how other groups interact with the US. The blacks fought in Vietnam war, then they participated in domestic rallies to get equal voting rights, so they are a part of the American social fabric in every sense. They have been through thick and thin and the American people have accepted them as their own.

In contrast to that, the Indian interaction with US soil has been very limited. We send highly educated, highly skilled people who are in the top 1% income bracket in the US, they stay in their ivovy towers and enjoy the good life like typical Hindus and never make any effort to interact with those who are poorer than them. They don't participate in political dialogues be it American issues or Indian issues. As Hindus, the only thing their family taught them was "beta, science, maths, engineering padh lo, life set hai", and that's what they do. They don't get any political training like the Muslim immigrants do. No matter what their economic background, all Muslims teach their children "all Muslims are your brothers, you are a part of THIS group, not THAT group. We are here only to make money, but our loyalty lies only towards our religion". That is why, even those Muslims who become rich never give up their roots, unlike Hindus. They are emotionally and politically INVESTED in the welfare of their group, so whenever one of them is attacked, they all come together.

The Indians simply compete with each other to horde more and more money, but never give a thought to strengthening the group. Khao, pio, aish karo. Then someone shoots one of them and no one comes to their aid, neither fellow Hindus, nor others, they they are surprised "Humari madad karne koi kyun nahi aaya". Are bhai, have you made efforts to cultivate a support group? you just sit and enjoy the good life as 'individuals', not as a 'group'. Now, when you are attacked for being part of a group, who will help you when you are only used to behaving as an 'individual' and never as a 'group'?

Also, the Indian media is provoking Indians living in India by playing up these racial attacks. As a result, yesterday Murica has announced a travel ban fearing the safety of their citizens travelling in India. So the poor street vendors in India who make 5-10rs selling bhel puri to foreigners will take a hit, once more, for the sake of pampered, entitled NRIs who are throwing a tantrum. Still the NRIs are saying "what has my country done for me".

You've gone there to make a good life for yourself, you don't share your salary with us when you make a profit, so don't share your problems with us when you face a loss.

Immanuel

Country flag
Crazies and racists will always exist, this has nothing to do with Trump. It might as well be pissed off leftists who are doing this. The left, the libtards and the dems have gone crazy. We know for a fact that hey have paid people to manipulate the election, cause riots at Trump rallys etc.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
@pringles - welcome back! ;) :D

there's a saying - Indians/Hindus develop (selective) amnesia, when they are well-fed!

They don't get any political training like the Muslim immigrants do. No matter what their economic background, all Muslims teach their children "all Muslims are your brothers, you are a part of THIS group, not THAT group. We are here only to make money, but our loyalty lies only towards our religion". That is why, even those Muslims who become rich never give up their roots, unlike Hindus. They are emotionally and politically INVESTED in the welfare of their group, so whenever one of them is attacked, they all come together.

pringles

Crazies and racists will always exist, this has nothing to do with Trump. It might as well be pissed off leftists who are doing this. The left, the libtards and the dems have gone crazy. We know for a fact that hey have paid people to manipulate the election, cause riots at Trump rallys etc.
They arrested the person within 24 hours and FBI got involved within 2 days. What more can we ask for? if a foreign tourist gets attacked in India, how many weeks it takes just to register an FIR? We are simply complaining like Muslims do (ask for all rights in other's country, while denying the same to others). I'm not a big fan of the USA, but there is one thing there that there is an above average understanding among people that chaos and turmoil is the enemy of economic activity. So any violence, riots is immediately tackled for business to proceed.

Hindus were the swing voters in many states which made Trump win the election, this spate of killings is definitely Hillary's doing to teach Hindus a lesson.

Last edited:

3deffect

Country flag
I agree with both of you @3deffect @Dark Sorrow

There was a movie Airlift, Akshay Kumar says "chot lagti hai toh aadmi maa maa hee chillata hai".

All of these people crying about "Indians" being hurt, I wonder what was the last patriotic thing they did for India? they only remember their Indianness when they want to extract some benefit from being a part of the group. But what happens to these people when the US textbooks teach distorted Hindu history? Did these NRIs ever protest when US was giving weapons aid to Pakistan? the American Jews did that for the sake of Israel, did Hindu NRIs do it for India? On the contrary they went and signed petitions calling for sanctioning India for 'Human Rights Violation' in Kashmir.

Now that they feel alone, they are trying to provoke us to generate sympathy. The ONLY moves they have made in their lives is when it benefited them. Unlike Jews who lobby for Israel, Arabs who lobby for Saudi, Shias lobbying for Iran, and even Pakistanis lobbying for Kashmir, Hindus just sit in their cozy San Francisco homes and enjoy their HD Netflix, until someone puts a bullet in their head. Then they suddenly remember India and say "what is the government of India doing for us Indians?".

It's just street crime, this is not our fight. For it to be "our" fight, the people need to be "our" people. For them to be "our" people, they must articulate in favor of India. You don't get to claim dividends of being Indian, just because of being born Indian (in that case, even Pakistanis and Bangladeshis claim to be Indians when it benefits them)
you know what if you talk with mostly NRI who live in USA/UK(not all )..when they come to india they show off lot things..( i dont have pb with their showoff) but why now crying in USA...we not help them anyway they call themself American first indian later so be with it.

Pushyamitra

you know what if you talk with mostly NRI who live in USA/UK(not all )..when they come to india they show off lot things..( i dont have pb with their showoff) but why now crying in USA...we not help them anyway they call themself American first indian later so be with it.
Agreed, they are Americans now. people who Desert their own Country just for Money are considered Traitors and Needless to say i have no Respect or (Share Emotional Bond) for these Traitors. (and i have these Traitors in my own Family)

As Long as Trump is Good for India,he can kill as much as TIs as he want.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
an ex-Army fellow on another forum shared an anecdote once...this was a while after the Uri attack i think and a little while before the surgical strikes were disclosed - his NRI uncle (chicha) had come to India. they were chatting. the chicha commented something to the effect that what will happen to this country, gone to the dogs, no safety here, govt's good for nothing, you know, all such trademark stuff...........our hero replied - "koi na chicha, aap log bas desh chhodkar bhaag jaao. hum hain na yahaan jhelne ke liye. hum sab sambhaal lenge." chicha smelt snake ('saanp soongh gaya'), while our fauji got rebuked by his Mataji when he left. :D

This is very narrow perspective. The fact is that Indians in the US are not at par with other races because we have a different story than others. Just take a look at how our group interacts with the US as a whole, compared to how other groups interact with the US. The blacks fought in Vietnam war, then they participated in domestic rallies to get equal voting rights, so they are a part of the American social fabric in every sense. They have been through thick and thin and the American people have accepted them as their own.

In contrast to that, the Indian interaction with US soil has been very limited. We send highly educated, highly skilled people who are in the top 1% income bracket in the US, they stay in their ivovy towers and enjoy the good life like typical Hindus and never make any effort to interact with those who are poorer than them. They don't participate in political dialogues be it American issues or Indian issues. As Hindus, the only thing their family taught them was "beta, science, maths, engineering padh lo, life set hai", and that's what they do. They don't get any political training like the Muslim immigrants do. No matter what their economic background, all Muslims teach their children "all Muslims are your brothers, you are a part of THIS group, not THAT group. We are here only to make money, but our loyalty lies only towards our religion". That is why, even those Muslims who become rich never give up their roots, unlike Hindus. They are emotionally and politically INVESTED in the welfare of their group, so whenever one of them is attacked, they all come together.

The Indians simply compete with each other to horde more and more money, but never give a thought to strengthening the group. Khao, pio, aish karo. Then someone shoots one of them and no one comes to their aid, neither fellow Hindus, nor others, they they are surprised "Humari madad karne koi kyun nahi aaya". Are bhai, have you made efforts to cultivate a support group? you just sit and enjoy the good life as 'individuals', not as a 'group'. Now, when you are attacked for being part of a group, who will help you when you are only used to behaving as an 'individual' and never as a 'group'?

Also, the Indian media is provoking Indians living in India by playing up these racial attacks. As a result, yesterday Murica has announced a travel ban fearing the safety of their citizens travelling in India. So the poor street vendors in India who make 5-10rs selling bhel puri to foreigners will take a hit, once more, for the sake of pampered, entitled NRIs who are throwing a tantrum. Still the NRIs are saying "what has my country done for me".

You've gone there to make a good life for yourself, you don't share your salary with us when you make a profit, so don't share your problems with us when you face a loss.
i dont think that's entirely true. our diaspora apparently have umpteen community-based groups outside this country, as well as Hindu groups. they do come useful often. if some individual(s) dont want to get assimilated with them and join them, their fault.

raja696

an ex-Army fellow on another forum shared an anecdote once...this was a while after the Uri attack i think and a little while before the surgical strikes were disclosed - his NRI uncle (chicha) had come to India. they were chatting. the chicha commented something to the effect that what will happen to this country, gone to the dogs, no safety here, govt's good for nothing, you know, all such trademark stuff...........our hero replied - "koi na chicha, aap log bas desh chhodkar bhaag jaao. hum hain na yahaan jhelne ke liye. hum sab sambhaal lenge." chicha smelt snake ('saanp soongh gaya'), while our fauji got rebuked by his Mataji when he left. :D

i dont think that's entirely true. our diaspora apparently have umpteen community-based groups outside this country, as well as Hindu groups. they do come useful often. if some individual(s) dont want to get assimilated with them and join them, their fault.

Yes ur absolutely right, i will tell my version. I used to feel bad when isi propaganda use to run (after uri attacks) parallel with jnu en kejriwal protests. So i posted counter facts or propaganda in my whats app friends groups.

There is my friend from usa, he use to ask me all sort of questions why this, why that ? I couple of times explained patiently (because explination is difficult typing than asking why or what). In the end i used to receive sarcastic and mockery. I seriously used to feel bad for there insensitivity towards our soldiers sacrifice and level of hypocrisy.

Lol trump came up as president, no issue for me. But the attacks happening there resemble left here (like rohit vemula death, somebody is target(trump) but someone picked up dead (indians because Indians lobbied trump) . Similarly modi is target but dalits died.. politics over dead bodies.

Now my usa friend so concerned he posts aritcles one Indian died here ,another died there. Frankly I have no remorse or sympathy what ever for them.

Yaya i can feel my insensitivity but cant help that!

You see i never felt that insensitivity even if someone hurt me personally.

I can say those nri who never cared about mother India go to hell, u have no right to cry for help.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Yes ur absolutely right, i will tell my version. I used to feel bad when isi propaganda use to run (after uri attacks) parallel with jnu en kejriwal protests. So i posted counter facts or propaganda in my whats app friends groups.

There is my friend from usa, he use to ask me all sort of questions why this, why that ? I couple of times explained patiently (because explination is difficult typing than asking why or what). In the end i used to receive sarcastic and mockery. I seriously used to feel bad for there insensitivity towards our soldiers sacrifice and level of hypocrisy.

Lol trump came up as president, no issue for me. But the attacks happening there resemble left here (like rohit vemula death, somebody is target(trump) but someone picked up dead (indians because Indians lobbied trump) . Similarly modi is target but dalits died.. politics over dead bodies.

Now my usa friend so concerned he posts aritcles one Indian died here ,another died there. Frankly I have no remorse or sympathy what ever for them.

Yaya i can feel my insensitivity but cant help that!

You see i never felt that insensitivity even if someone hurt me personally.

I can say those nri who never cared about mother India go to hell, u have no right to cry for help.
i hope you are rubbing ample tata namak (desh ka namak) on his burnt parts now?! if not, you seriously need to up your game!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles