The Glorious Army of Hind: The Indian Army in Pictures

ankita

Hey Kunal,

Considering your extensive knowledge about the Indian Armed Forces, I hope that you'll help me out. I need information about the authentic different uniforms (Combat and ceremonial) of the different regiments of India. the information, sadly, is not available readily on the web. You seem to have a huge gallery of pictures, would it be possible for you to provide me the information to the best of your knowledge.

Cheers!
Ankita.

bhramos

Country flag
Hey Kunal,

Considering your extensive knowledge about the Indian Armed Forces, I hope that you'll help me out. I need information about the authentic different uniforms (Combat and ceremonial) of the different regiments of India. the information, sadly, is not available readily on the web. You seem to have a huge gallery of pictures, would it be possible for you to provide me the information to the best of your knowledge.

Cheers!
Ankita.
well i have some knowledge with pics to explain you, but would not like to help an anonymous member or stranger with defence info... hope Kunal sir might help you, he is good in judging whom give or not give... cheers

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

The Chief of Army Staff, General Bikram Singh paying homage to the martyrs, at the Infantry War Memorial, during his farewell visit to the Infantry School, Mhow, at Indore on July 10, 2014.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The 'KARGIL VIJAY DIWAS' was celebrated at Dras (J&K) today. Earlier in the day, the proceedings opened with a solemn wreath laying ceremony at the Dras War Memorial led by Lt Gen D S Hooda, Army Commander Northern Command of the Indian Army. Gallantry award winners of the Kargil Conflict and next of kins of martyrs, Veer Naris, senior army officers and civil dignitaries also paid tributes to the martyrs. This was followed by a pledge taken by all present at the function to rededicate themselves to the cause of the Nation. The sombre mood at the ceremony brought home memories of the losses borne so proudly by the martyrs' families in the bloody summer of 1999. Many in the audience were moved to tears when the buglers played the poignant tune of "The Last Post" after the wreath laying. The event was celebrated with full military decorum and solemnity. Lt Gen D S Hooda while talking informally to the media thanked them and the families of martyrs for their presence at Dras for the Event.
Chindits: Indian Army Celebrates Kargil Vijay Diwas At Dras

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Memorial service in honor of martyrs, on the occasion of the 15th anniversary celebrations of Kargil Vijay Diwas, at Dras, Jammu and Kashmir on July 26, 2014.

abingdonboy

Country flag

General Officer Commanding (GOC) 15 Corps Lt. Gen Gurmeet Singh along with local Muslims praying for peace during the celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr at Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JAKLI) Headquarters

Ripples

Just like most other battle that India fought "Kargil operation was never completed satisfactorily" so it is useless celebrating the deaths of hundreds of lives for thefolly and stupidity of GOI planners and Defence tops brass. Still Pakistan prevails at 5533. So lets not celebrate and do lungi dance, rather stay quiet and let the grieving souls mourn in peace.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

The Chief of Army Staff, General Dalbir Singh paid tribute to the brave soldiers who had laid down their life in Siachen Glacier, at the Siachen War Memorial, in Leh, Ladakh, on August 10, 2014.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Seen in the picture is an infantry solider exhibiting his firing skills at the Hanumanthapuram Firing Range near Chengalpattu in Tamil Nadu. (Photo: Basani Satheesh Kumar)

Another shot from the Hanumanthapuram Firing Range near Chengalpattu in Tamil Nadu. A demonstration in progress by the Infantry Battalion. The weapons used included 5.56 mm INSAS rifles, light and medium machine guns, rocket launchers, 51 and 81 mm mortars. (Photo: Basani Satheesh Kumar)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Downmemorylane

Life line of yester years

DR Rajendra Prasad, SUPREME COMMANDER of ARMED FORCES at GORKHA CENTRE IN 1956.

(Source: ADGPI Indian Army)

Articles