Tamil war heroes - past and present

Simon Ravi

Hi,

I'm writing an essay on Tamil war heroes or Tamil who showed extreme acts of bravery - past and present. Can someone please provide me with a list of names?

I have the following: Kattabomman, Chinnamalai, Madurai Brothers (spelling) and few others who fought British. From ancient time, I have Elara (SL king), Raja Chola and Karikalan.

Any more?

Finding heroes from the modern period is tough - there is Saravanan who fought in the Kargil wars but the rest are Tamil Tiger fighters and Im not sure if it would be right to include them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Param

Include my name.I'm a veteran of many battles here. You can also include the name Karthic

Simon Ravi

I can help you with Indian war heroes, we dont have regional war heroes.
Tamil's are Indians :S

My essay is on Tamil war heroes. If it make it easier for you, I will rephrase the question...

Can you please help me find some Indian war heroes who were of Tamil origin? :D

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
If you want, I can rename the thread to Tamil Heroes. You can include all the Tamil greats here.

lemontree

Professional
I will rephrase the question...

Can you please help me find some Indian war heroes who were of Tamil origin? :D
Yes this is more like it.
Here are a few:-
Major R Parmeshwaram, PVC,
Brig. PK Nandagopal, MVC
Sqn Ldr Devayya (? not sure if he is a Tamilian), MVC
Brig Krishnaswamy (?) MVC
Lt. Col. Chotoor Venogopal, MVC
Brig. Theograj, MVC
Maj. AK Ramaswamy, MVC.....
There are many more...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Include my name.I'm a veteran of many battles here. You can also include the name Karthic
LOL Forum battles too counted in!! Will make a memorial of it :D

Iamanidiot

Tamil heroes

1)Periyar (he is gult)
2)Anna Dorai
3)Kamraj Nadar
4)M.G.R(he is a mallu)

Rahul M

if you consider a silly separatist divisive british boot licker a 'war hero' these people qualify too. add prabhakaran and auto shankar to the list as well.

people like you are a disgrace to tamils.

HeinzGud

Country flag
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:

Param

I understand why some racist, casteist, anti dravidian imperialists hate some Dravidian leaders.

The same kind of bigots were licking colonial arse and after they left wanted to have it all for themselves and wanted to dominate everyone else.Could not stand someone who stood up to them

Some people are a disgrace to mankind.

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
Hi,

I'm writing an essay on Tamil war heroes or Tamil who showed extreme acts of bravery - past and present. Can someone please provide me with a list of names?

I have the following: Kattabomman, Chinnamalai, Madurai Brothers (spelling) and few others who fought British. From ancient time, I have Elara (SL king), Raja Chola and Karikalan.

Any more?

Finding heroes from the modern period is tough - there is Saravanan who fought in the Kargil wars but the rest are Tamil Tiger fighters and Im not sure if it would be right to include them.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dude WTF??? Elara tamil...???? there's a argument going on weather he's Tamil or Jain!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles