Tamil script found in Oman

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Tamils had trade with Greeks during the days of Plato. Tamil words are found in Greek plays.

Tamils exported teak wood to Israel/Judah during the rule of Solomon.
No no no. People of Kerala was trading with the Greeks, Romans, Middle Easterners, etc, etc. Idk what TN was doing.:troll:

opesys

no substantiation needed. i am a nationalistr. we do not make false claims.
Wherever and whenever there were humans on this earth there was trade and languages...no big deal seriously...
Is spite of all of the great past French, Portugal,British, Dutch everyone screwed India including Tamil Nadu....

What's the fun in living in the past when the current situation is rotting ? Or is this is particular reason to live in the past and feel happy because there is no happiness now ?

kayal

Tihar Jail
Banned
kerala was part of tn until around 700 years ago. they spoke tamil

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
They spoke Tamil just like how a lot of different N. Indians speak Hindi. They were Cheras who were always in the constant battle with the Cholas, Pandyas, etc.

Anyways. Cheras are Indians just like Cholas, Pandyas, etc... Now :gtfo:.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Just like your other BS claims.
Malayalam originated as a separate language from Tamil around 6th century AD.
The script at that time was Vatt ezhuthu (round writing). Later it modified to Kolezhuthu (straight writing) and Malayanma scripts. Later on to Arya ezhuthu (arya writing, due to heavy influx of Sanskrit ) and later on to the Modern Malayalam script.
Source: Malayalam

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
no substantiation needed. i am a nationalistr. we do not make false claims.
Well, we need substantiation, cause it's hard to believe anything that a troll says.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Just like your other BS claims.
Malayalam originated as a separate language from Tamil around 6th century AD.
The script at that time was Vatt ezhuthu (round writing). Later it modified to Kolezhuthu (straight writing) and Malayanma scripts. Later on to Arya ezhuthu (arya writing, due to heavy influx of Sanskrit ) and later on to the Modern Malayalam script.
Source: Malayalam
Arya :yey:

Samskrtam :yey:

Mallustan Zindabad :yey:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Arya :yey:

Samskrtam :yey:

Mallustan Zindabad :yey:
Malayalam incorporated many elements from Sanskrit through the ages and today over eighty percent of the vocabulary of Malayalam in scholarly usage is from Sanskrit.[8]
Due to its lineage deriving from both Sanskrit and Tamil, the Malayalam alphabet has the largest number of letters among the Indian languages.[13] Malayalam script includes letters capable of representing all the sounds of Sanskrit and all Dravidian languages.[14][15][16]
:namaste:
For Source See the wiki page here and follow the source links.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
:namaste:
For Source See the wiki page here and follow the source links.
Cheers man, I have great respect for Mallus. They are the southern vanguards of Aryavarta. :namaste:

Telugu is also heavily Sanskritized, but maybe not to the same extent as Malayalam. I think around 75-80% of Telugu words are derived from Sanskrit.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Cheers man, I have great respect for Mallus. They are the southern vanguards of Aryavarta. :namaste:

Telugu is also heavily Sanskritized, but maybe not to the same extent as Malayalam. I think around 75-80% of Telugu words are derived from Sanskrit.
Yeah, but only old people and scholars speak shuddha Malayalam. Somehow the youngsters these days corrupt the words. But, I guess that is how a language evolve.
For example the Malayalam word for elder brother/son (Jyeshta/ Jyeshta putra) has become chetan. And in Southern KL people have started using anna due to influx of Tamil.
But I wonder why Telugu people use anna, inspite of the original word being, Jyeshta. I guess injection of Tamil maybe.

JMT

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
But I wonder why Telugu people use anna, inspite of the original word being, Jyeshta. I guess injection of Tamil maybe.
Yeah, it is Tamil influence. Though 'Jyeshta' is not unknown, it is just not used frequently. The literary/scholarly Telugu used in poems and literature uses much more Sanskrit vocabulary than the everyday colloquial language.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

Never!

South India preserved what was happening in North,East India before the Islamic/Central Asian invasions. In terms of architecture, culture, etc. Just look at North India before those invasions. And look at South India when N. India was being invaded and blending those culture different cultures with its own. S. India kept it going.

I definitely believe there was a migration of Gupta, etc style people moving down to S. India.

SpArK

SORCERER
Yeah, it is Tamil influence. Though 'Jyeshta' is not unknown, it is just not used frequently. The literary/scholarly Telugu used in poems and literature uses much more Sanskrit vocabulary than the everyday colloquial language.
Jyeshta is still used in malayalam and the more famous "chetta"..which is the short form ..

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Jyeshta is still used in malayalam and the more famous "chetta"..which is the short form ..
Oh come on. It's so uncommon these. Its almost always either 'chetan', or 'cheta' or 'chettai' etc :) My dear bro calls me 'ettai', even shorter than 'chettai'.
But yeah, it is still used.
Btw, 'chetta' means something else :)

opesys

Why are you so desperate ? Let people to judge. If it is really great or if it is useful in someway people will pick it up on their own...You crying all the time and desperately advertising will have negative impact on the language in spite of the language itself being great...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles