Shiva Sena expands into Sri Lanka

busesaway

I came across this news on the internet. Apparently, Shiva Sena is expanding into Sri Lanka in order to support Hindus. I'm a benevolent supporter of reintroducing Buddhism and Buddhist politics into India, so I wanted to comment on this.

http://www.news18.com/news/india/si...iva-sena-support-colombo-worried-1301366.html
  • I denounce any attempt to rise militancy within either two sides. I don't agree with nationalism of any sorts, and I don't think rekindling the war will lead to anything positive. India should refrain from fueling tensions between Hindus and Buddhists.
  • The lingua-franca of the island should be English. Sinhalese should be the official language of the southern provinces, Tamil should be the official language of the northern provinces, and the other provinces should remain English. Sinhalese deserves more help with "linguistic protection" than Tamil IMO.
  • I think Sri Lanka should form a confederation with India, in a similar manner to the United Kingdom's relationship with Europe. This is one of the positives of a relationship between the two political groups.
  • Hinduism and Buddhism are very closely related, and a lot consider Buddhism to be a school-of-thought within Hinduism. The two concepts have shared many intertanglements within the island and I don't see any need for a rise in hostilities between the two religions.
  • I consider both Tamils and Sinhalese to be integral ethnic groups of India, even if they're politically independent.
I also don't want the Sinhalese-Tamil conflict to turn into a Buddhist-Hindu conflict. The two "religions" generally get along and I don't see why there needs to be conflict between the two "religions".

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
India doesn't need 'reintroduction' of Buddhism or its politics. it is in ample quantities here. no more defanging & taking advantage of Hindus' tolerance should be allowed than whats already there & adding to the misery!
@Ancient Indian

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles