Rio Olympics 2016 and Indian performance

rishivashista13

Country flag

Brazil showcased its rich history and cultural heritage, combined with Rio's famous 'Samba' dance, as the 31st Olympic Games was officially launched with a subtle yet powerful message of global warming plaguing the world in a glittering opening ceremony.

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

rishivashista13

Country flag
Deepika Kumari once again faltered under pressure to miss a target as India's medal hope in the women's team event received a big blow by finishing a lowly seventh in the archery ranking round of the Rio Olympic Games here on Friday.
Hours after Atanu Das impressed on his Olympic debut by finishing a creditable fifth in the individual section, India's star archer Deepika put up one of her most inconsistent displays to finish a poor 20th with a score of 640 out of 720.
In her third Olympics, senior archer Bombayla Devi Laishram shot 638 to finish 24th while Laxmirani Majhi finished a lowly 43rd with 614 points.
Eyeing their eighth gold from as many editions, Koreans lived up to their reputation with Choi Misun, Chang Hye Jin and Ki Bo Bae making it top three.

The three women archers' wayward performance will affect their medal prospects in the team event where they got a ranking of seventh and open their campaign against Colombia who were ranked 10th.
If they manage to advance, India may face second ranked Russia and third ranked China in their prospective quarters and semifinal clashes.
The double Commonwealth Games gold medalist, Deepika, led by one point after 30 arrows only to slip in the sixth end when she shot a poor 49 with scores of 9,9,8,8,8,7.
The worst happened in the last arrow of the seventh end when she drew a blank by completely missing the target.
Deepika raised her game from the next five ends by securing 13 perfect 10s from 30 arrows but it could only raise her ranking up to 20.

rishivashista13

Country flag
Rio 2016 Olympics India’s Day 1 schedule: Jitu Rai, Men’s Hockey, Sania Mirza in action -

6 Aug 19:30 IST Hockey – MEDAL EVENT MEN’S | IND vs IRL – Indian men’s hockey team will begin their campaign against Ireland in the Group B match on August 6. India remain one of the strong contenders in this year’s Olympics.

6 Aug 17:00 IST Rowing – MEDAL EVENT MEN’S SCULLS Dattu Bhokanal Single – India’s sole rower in Rio will be looking to make a mark in the Men’s singles sculls rowing.

6 Aug 17:00 IST Shooting – MEDAL EVENT MEN’S SHOOTING | Jitu Rai, Gurpreet Singh 10m air rifle men – The event will take place at the National Shooting Center.

6 Aug 17:00 IST Shooting – MEDAL EVENT WOMEN’S SHOOTING | Apurvi Chandela, Ayonika Paul 10m air rifle women

6 Aug 17:30 IST Table Tennis – MEDAL EVENT MEN’S TABLE TENNIS | Achanta Sharath Kamal, Soumyajit Ghosh will be the ones in action. Ghosh will take on Thailand’s Padasak Tanviriyavechakul in the round 1 of men’s table tennis while Kamal will take on Romania’s Adrian Crisan.

6 Aug 17:30 IST Table Tennis – MEDAL EVENT WOMEN’S TABLE TENNIS | Manika Batra, Mouma Das in women’s singles. Batra will take on Poland’s Katarzyna Grzybowska-Franc in the Round 1 of women’s table tennis. Mouma Das will be pitched against Daniela Monteiro Dodean of Romania in the first round.

6 Aug 19:30 IST Hockey – MEDAL EVENT Men’s Hockey | Indian men’s hockey team led by PR Sreejesh open their Group B campaign against Ireland.

6 Aug 23:00 IST Tennis – MEDAL EVENT MEN’S TENNIS | Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna, Doubles Paes and Bopanna will face Poland’s Marcel Matkowski and Lukasz Kubot in their opening match.

6 Aug 23:00 IST Tennis – MEDAL EVENT WOMEN’S TENNIS | Sania Mirza, Prarthana Thombare Women’s Doubles Mirza and Thombare will play against China’s Zhang and Peng in the round 1 of women’s tennis doubles.

7 Aug 03:30 IST Weightlifting – MEDAL EVENT WEIGHTLIFTING | Saikhom Mirabi Chanu is involved in the women’s 48-kg event.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Was monitoring from many days and excited, even newspapers of international media were full of Indian Hoped from players.
Just didn't even bother or discuss here because no time is left from conventional issues which I discuss here.:)

rishivashista13

Country flag
Was monitoring from many days and excited, even newspapers of international media were full of Indian Hoped from players.
Just didn't even bother or discuss here because no time is left from conventional issues which I discuss here.:)
True

hardip

Best Of Luck for Indian Player..:)

Medal need..
but Medal not must Need..
Hope Every Indian.. See fire in ur Game.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Dattu the rower qualified, it seems he started in rowing after 2012 olympics. I's say this is a achievement.

And interestingly he comes from a drought hit region.

rishivashista13

Country flag
That's great start !!!

No no no .......
Not a great start at all .
Leander peas , Rohan bopanna loose in first round .
Ayonika paal , Apoorvi chandela looses in shooting .
Manika batra , Mouma das also loose in table tennis .
That was not expected at all !!!!!!!

Mens hockey team easily beats Ireland .

Jitu rai and Gurpreet singh still has to prove himself .
Let's hope for the best .....

Global Defence

New threads

Articles