QUAD; The Concert of Democracies for Trade, Security & Diplomacy

Tridev123

Country flag
I think that is because of difference in Uranium enrichment levels. Americans use 90% enrcihed Uranium whereas we use 40%, I think. There may be other factors also, but this seems to be a major one.
Yes, you are partially right. Modern US submarine reactors use uranium enriched to at least 93%.But in addition to that they have an module called 'burnable neutron poison'. This apparently slows down the degradation of the fuel bundle assembly as it counters the harmful radiation and poisonous radioactive elements released as a byproduct of nuclear fission.

From information available on the appropriate US websites.

Though reading it makes it look simple, the technology may be complex. Probably a lot of research was conducted to realise the technology.

Indrajit

Country flag
The point about India and Japan being “left out” is probably exaggerated. Japanese still have issues with nuclear platforms and India couldn’t possibly get sensitive US technology what with our relations to Russia remaining strong. Nor would we be willing to put up with US conditions for any such technology. Australia is a treaty ally and has none of the problems we have, so they were the obvious choice.

Our expectations from QUAD and our bilateral relations with the US must be realistic, we will get some technology from the US and that will keep increasing but to expect us to be treated as the UK, Australia or even Japan etc is silly. We certainly won’t do what those countries are willing to, we then can’t expect to be treated like them.

After all these years as a top Russian ally, we still don’t get our hands on the top Russian technology and that includes submarines. Why we have an unrealistic expectation with the US is beyond me.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
The point about India and Japan being “left out” is probably exaggerated. Japanese still have issues with nuclear platforms and India couldn’t possibly get sensitive US technology what with our relations to Russia remaining strong. Nor would we be willing to put up with US conditions for any such technology. Australia is a treaty ally and has none of the problems we have, so they were the obvious choice.

Our expectations from QUAD and our bilateral relations with the US must be realistic, we will get some technology from the US and that will keep increasing but to expect us to be treated as the UK, Australia or even Japan etc is silly. We certainly won’t do what those countries are willing to, we then can’t expect to be treated like them.

After all these years as a top Russian ally, we still don’t get our hands on the top Russian technology and that includes submarines. Why we have an unrealistic expectation with the US is beyond me.
Still you don't get the point , to obtain us tech we will have to ditch the Russians completely.
Has russia done any noise when we purchased apache instead of mi 28 or chinook instead of mi 26 ?

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Make all the fun you want to about them, but looks like the US/UK is going to give the Australians state of the art nuclear subs while we spend the little coin we have on the Russian refurbished junk.
That refurbished junk which you are talking about still scares the living daylights out of the West.
And don't for a second think that the Aussies will be getting those state of the art Virginias, they have way too much classified tech to give to an ally which was few years ago in bed with China.
At best the Aussies will be getting modernized LA class subs with a few inputs from the UK.

werewolf

Country flag
I too can engage in whatboutary sirji , if you care about less than 10 mi 35 choppers do tell me about various shit Americans have sold them ?
well i didn't see an engagement coming . and i have might have made some points if porkies had money in their pocket.

But the point is the huskies told us indirectly to not take them for granted. We lined up nearly 15b$ arm deals for them.

And for the yankees they realised long before that their aid weapons will be used against their interests first and porkies were seriously compromised with China. So the aid stopped.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Australia to acquire US Tomahawk cruise missiles: PM

Australian PM Morrison says the country will acquire long-range US Tomahawk missiles, as it strengthens military defences in the face of a rising China.

"We will be enhancing our long-range strike capability including Tomahawk cruise missiles..."

Most likely Tomahawk block V 1000+ miles range.

If they give BM tech in secret I won't be surprised. Maybe they will help them with a jet engine and stealth design too. Be prepared to see Australia testing some advance "indigenous" weapons in next few years.

“The pact, to be known as AUKUS, will also cover artificial intelligence, cyber and quantum technologies. It is the biggest defence partnership among the countries in decades, analysts say”

The things that India and Japan can only watch from distance, for now.

It's another UK in making.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Most likely Tomahawk block V 1000+ miles range.

If they give BM tech in secret I won't be surprised. Maybe they will help them with a jet engine and stealth design too. Be prepared to see Australia testing some advance "indigenous" weapons in next few years.

It's another UK in making.
Even if Aussies acquire all these, it's not like they are gonna use it on their own. they will use it only in US led wars. in effect, US is placing their military assets on Australian soil and making aussies pay for it.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Even if Aussies acquire all these, it's not like they are gonna use it on their own. they will use it only in US led wars. in effect, US is placing their military assets on Australian soil and making aussies pay for it.
Americans will definitely extract their pound of flesh. Australia must have sacrificed something (most likely their sovereignty) over AUKUS.

This why I said another UK in making.

Covfefe

Country flag
US is placing their military assets on Australian soil and making aussies pay for it
That's the exact US strategy for its allies all over the world, except Israel. You buy our weapons, and use it when we ask you to.
For Muricans the order of their interest is pretty clear- Israel> America>Oil heads in ME> Allies>Rest of the world.

Knowitall

Asia has had 3 main power center's throughout centuries.

Bharat china and japan. All 3 were taken out by the west post industrialization at different points of time as they fought alone.

Slowly but steadily all 3 nations have bounced back and are aiming for regional and global dominance with India and china taking the lead and japan following close after as they continue to fully create a indigenous war industry.

China had the once in a millennium opportunity to actually do good for once and secure alliances around Asia. A pan Asian block with two most populus consumer markets and high end technological nations would have secured the fate of asia for decades to come.

But no they have to be a bitch and fuck it up for everyone.

The west is doing everything in its power to take china and India out. If even one falls then the other's fall is guaranteed.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
This is all well and good, but the question is how many SSN will Australia get? They were planning 12 Shortfin SSK. Now Royal Navy (UK) operates 7 SSN. Will UK and USA allow Australia to get more than 7, or even 7? I doubt it. UK is a senior partner, is it not? Or am I misreading this completely?

Blank

Country flag
Asia has had 3 main power center's throughout centuries.

Bharat china and japan. All 3 were taken out by the west post industrialization at different points of time as they fought alone.

Slowly but steadily all 3 nations have bounced back and are aiming for regional and global dominance with India and china taking the lead and japan following close after as they continue to fully create a indigenous war industry.

China had the once in a millennium opportunity to actually do good for once and secure alliances around Asia. A pan Asian block with two most populus consumer markets and high end technological nations would have secured the fate of asia for decades to come.

But no they have to be a bitch and fuck it up for everyone.

The west is doing everything in its power to take china and India out. If even one falls then the other's fall is guaranteed.
Chanakya was right. Immediate neighbors cannot be your friends.

The Chinese have a proverb.

"There are no two Suns. There can never be two Emperors under one sky. "

Jimih

Country flag
This is all the fault of china.

Had they actually had a iota of sense to be decent enough with their neighbours we could have formed a pan-Asia block sooner or later but no they have to be an ass and fuck everything up for Asia.
Most precisely Xi Jinping, before him China was not that brazen and a classroom bully.

He is taking China and gullible Chinese citizens to downhill.

Blank

Country flag
Most precisely Xi Jinping, before him China was not that brazen and a classroom bully.

He is taking China and gullible Chinese citizens to downhill.
It's not completely his fault. Xi is a product of his time. Just like how Modi is a product of India's aspirations or Donald Trump was an outcome of America's exhaustion. Decades of growth with insular internet has made the Chinese feel their time has come, no power on earth can stop them. Certain criticisms in Chinese society are banned, so over time it grew to dangerous levels. Aspirations became ambitions, ambitions became obligations. CCP already had a goal of becoming a super by 2049. Xi is just fast tracking it.

He feels that America has declined, India is not up to mark...yet, Russia is weak. The narrow window of opportunity to grow has ended. So no need to hide anymore.

Atleast that's my understanding.

doreamon

Country flag
NAM, Non Alligned Movement jumla is totally ingrained into Indian leadership psyche.

just as Vasudevam Kutum Bunkum jumla.
Here jaishankar had made it clear that we ll never be part of any alliance ( military ) system

I dnt think india prepared to be completely NATO level ally with any country as that ll require difficult steps .. Something like stoping trade with Iran like we did after which China promised to invest billions in Iran and we lost billion dollar Farzad B gas mine and our position in Afghanistan .. Also it ll mean Antagonising Russia upon which we are depended for defence equipment and future energy requirement ..

Indian mindset right now is we dnt want to annoy anyone unless forced to like china on LAC .. And take benifits from everyone ..

And future of USA is not certain as well .. the way SJW folks asserting themselves .. It wont be long before they ll be in serious decision making places .. BJP in india is here to stay untill a serious centrist leader emerge in opposition .. And that ll cause trouble ..
I wld love to see india something like France not something like UK which is lieutnant of USA as it reaches upper middle income level ..

Last edited:

Jimih

Country flag
It's not completely his fault. Xi is a product of his time. Just like how Modi is a product of India's aspirations or Donald Trump was an outcome of America's exhaustion. Decades of growth with insular internet has made the Chinese feel their time has come, no power on earth can stop them. Certain criticisms in Chinese society are banned, so over time it grew to dangerous levels. Aspirations became ambitions, ambitions became obligations. CCP already had a goal of becoming a super by 2049. Xi is just fast tracking it.

He feels that America has declined, India is not up to mark...yet, Russia is weak. The narrow window of opportunity to grow has ended. So no need to hide anymore.

Atleast that's my understanding.
Neither Modi nor Putin has a "World Domination Plan"

Xi Jinping is a Megalomaniac in disguise of a Nationalist. He will make sure that China is disintegrated into 6 seperate regions, if he carries on.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
This is all well and good, but the question is how many SSN will Australia get? They were planning 12 Shortfin SSK. Now Royal Navy (UK) operates 7 SSN. Will UK and USA allow Australia to get more than 7, or even 7? I doubt it. UK is a senior partner, is it not? Or am I misreading this completely?
Their requirement is of 8 SSN

Global Defence

Articles