Pakistan urges world community to fulfill aid pledges

Blackwater

Pakistan urges world community to fulfill aid pledges
APP
January 12, 2011 (2 days ago)

"The Least Developed Countries (LDCs) need support of the international community," Amjad B. Sial said. — File Photo

UNITED NATIONS: Pakistan has called on the international community to fulfill development assistance pledges to the world's poorest countries, reform of trade policies as well as adequate and predictable financial flows.

"The Least Developed Countries (LDCs) need support of the international community," Amjad B. Sial, Pakistan's deputy permanent representative to the UN, told an Intergovernmental Preparatory Meeting for a Fourth United Nations Conference on Least Developed Countries.

In the past, the Pakistani delegate pointed out that there were significant gaps between the commitments made by the development partners to address the development challenges faced by the LDCs and the actual delivery on those pledges.

He therefore underscored the need for "maximum flexibility and policy space" for the LDCs to undertake their development programmes. The Fourth Conference is to be held from May nine to 13 in Istanbul, Turkey.

Ambassador Sial said that despite the gains that some least developed countries had made in improving socio-economic conditions since the last conference in Brussels in 2011, many still faced formidable challenges and had a long way to go to realize the anti -poverty Millennium Development Goals (MGDs).

In addition to traditional challenges, they faced new socio -economic difficulties caused be deteriorating climate conditions, growing food insecurity, rising energy prices and increasing water scarcity, which had exacerbated development challenges.

He stressed that the Istanbul action programme include the development priorities proposed by least developed countries, which must themselves lead and drive development strategies. It must focus on sustainable economic growth, and should support national efforts to build and maintain the institutional capacity to achieve development, while enhancing and developing their productive capacities.

As those countries were predominantly dependent on agriculture, the action plan must aim to enhance agricultural productivity and promote agro-industry, he said. Noting that least developed countries were yet to benefit from enhanced market access, the Pakistan delegate said their debts also remained a challenge, despite debt relief.

Such inadequacies must be addressed in the existing frameworks, he said, calling for an early conclusion of the Doha Round of World Trade Organization negotiations and for the creation of mechanisms to manage those debt burdens.

The action programme must include strong international support, particularly from development partners, as well as adequate and predictable financial flows.

It must be designed to allow maximum flexibility and policy space for development programmes in least developed countries.

Again starting beggging:rotflmao::flame::laser:

Blackwater

Zardari is again going to USA to beg lolllllll excuse is to attend funeral service of hallbrook. He can attend Holbrook funeral but not Salman tasser's one wah wah Zardari

pmaitra

Interesting.

So they want the world to fulfill the aid pledges? How about Pakistan first pledge that they will not refuse aid given to them like they did when India offered aid?

Oracle

How about cleaning the shit they nurtured for decades to even have a face worth begging? Shameless terrorists.

Blackwater

By begging they are just filling there own pockets and making there army strong. Their whole country is full of ass holes now i mean holes lolllll. I mean in turmoil. Latest victim is there koami airline PIA. They sold there 80% routes to Turkish airlines. They don't have enough money to fill petrol and to pay the pilots.

Vikramaditya

Country flag
Pakistan is professorial beggar man, look like they have developed some kind of protocol to beg.
They have quite high stranded of begging.
This time they are begging in the name of least developed country.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Please pay your welfare on time or we will call you up with begging bowl in hand!

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
How about cleaning the shit they nurtured for decades to even have a face worth begging? Shameless terrorists.
हम बोलेगा तो बोलोगे के बोलता है हम बोलेगा तो.....:D

And then when we say this, they start comparing us to the Chinese prosperity. LOL.

Blackwater

हम बोलेगा तो बोलोगे के बोलता है हम बोलेगा तो.....:D

And then when we say this, they start comparing us to the Chinese prosperity. LOL.
They are not only Thakedar of Almi Islam but also official spokes person or lawyer of china.

Oracle

Is there a way I can donate money to Pakistan Govt or to charity organizations there?

Oracle

I want to give peace a chance. I have a $1 note since 2006, that I have not used. Vintage. Will use that to buy off PoK. If not, God save Pakistan.

Blackwater

I want to give peace a chance. I have a $1 note since 2006, that I have not used. Vintage. Will use that to buy off PoK. If not, God save Pakistan.
Even God cant save pakistan now. Independence of Baloushistan can save pakistan. F.A.T.A ,north and south Waziristan was never in there control. If Balouchistan get its independence than Pakistan will be the size of Tamilnaidu long dream of zahil hamid

Suryakiran

Even God cant save pakistan now. Independence of Baloushistan can save pakistan. F.A.T.A ,north and south Waziristan was never in there control. If Balouchistan get its independence than Pakistan will be the size of Tamilnaidu long dream of zahil hamid
Oh bhai... Name of that state is TAMIL NADU.. not Tamil Naidu..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles