Niger military coup d'etat removes pro France government from power

Freedom Thru Firepower

Country flag

Jimih

Country flag
African spring?
Oh boy!

Why do I see oil & gas producing nations consolidating under one block probably taking instructions from Russia-China?
Military coups are taking place in French Africa: Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, now Gabon.

Looks like Putin has decided to cut off the West from rare earths, minerals and other resources.

omaebakabaka

Military coups are taking place in French Africa: Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, now Gabon.

Looks like Putin has decided to cut off the West from rare earths, minerals and other resources.
Too early to judge if its Putin or Anglo Saxons, these 2 bit African leaders flip flop on a dime....hope they work for interests of their people for once.

DingDong

Country flag
French ambassador be like "abhi humko aur jaleel hona hai"
I read somewhere that the US is playing a double game with Europe. USA is a major benefactor of these events since they increase Europe's dependence on the US' natural resources export.

France had been trying to de-hyphenate itself from the US-led NATO. Coups in Africa can also be seen as a "spank on knuckle" to put France in it's rightful place.

Tejbrahmastra

Country flag
Any idea how this will impact India. I guess we don't have much relation in the western Africa. Recently Algerians were complaining of India vetoing its BRICS membership on French request. Hop we don't get into their bad books(cause of French), they have lot of resources we can need in future!!

spacemarine2023

Country flag
I read somewhere that the US is playing a double game with Europe. USA is a major benefactor of these events since they increase Europe's dependence on the US' natural resources export.

France had been trying to de-hyphenate itself from the US-led NATO. Coups in Africa can also be seen as a "spank on knuckle" to put France in it's rightful place.
US is definitely indirectly supporting this, French is the only western developed nation which from time to time don't toe US line, I suspect France might be on some path to negotiate truce between Europe and Russia, US is showing its prowess by messing up French pseudo colonies in Africa

omaebakabaka

US is definitely indirectly supporting this, French is the only western developed nation which from time to time don't toe US line, I suspect France might be on some path to negotiate truce between Europe and Russia, US is showing its prowess by messing up French pseudo colonies in Africa
Who cares, French are as anti-Santan as Anglos are....India should be purely transactional

SKC

Country flag

I don't think Russian can replace West in purchasing raw Materials from African Countries.

These Afro nations are digging their own grave doing these antics.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles