New Ishapore`s Assult Rifle Goes Into Production

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
So, you don't have any technical details as to what changed? Ok, I will look around and post details if I can find out.

For me, a new rifle means modifications in the mechanical parts, such as bolt, rifling, gas regulator, piston or direct impingement. Superficial modifications will leave OFB exposed to repeat lawsuit from Kalashnikov.

Where did this start?

You pointed out this rifle here isnt a Ghatak --

Then you labeled an older AK7 as Ghatak when no designate existed. Sure, they're basically the same. But how the above isnt, and other is makes no sense.

Bottom line - Above image is a Ghaatak. It's a newer model, hence it get's the newer designate, "Ghaatak".

pmaitra

Where did this start?

You pointed out this rifle here isnt a Ghatak --

Then you labeled an older AK7 as Ghatak when no designate existed. Sure, they're basically the same. But how the above isnt, and other is makes no sense.

Bottom line - Above image is a Ghaatak. It's a newer model, hence it get's the newer designate, "Ghaatak".
It is the same rifle I had in my hands at an OFB stand more than a decade ago.

I don't care about the P-rails and pistol grip. I am saying this again because stating something once does not seem to work.

Then you labeled an older AK7 as Ghatak when no designate existed.
One down. 14,999 more repetitions to go. :)

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
It is the same rifle I had in my hands at an OFB stand more than a decade ago.

I don't care about the P-rails and pistol grip. I am saying this again because stating something once does not seem to work.
Great, it's the same rifle, never disagreed. But guess what? OFB has given a new designate with some minor change to the base model. These changes include the rails.

This isnt a hard thing to conceptualize here. Yes, that is a GHAATAK rifle. That's it's new name for the series.

pmaitra

Great, it's the same rifle, never disagreed. But guess what? OFB has given a new designate with some minor change to the base model. These changes include the rails.

This isnt a hard thing to conceptualize here. Yes, that is a GHAATAK rifle. That's it's new name for the series.
So we have theories:
Theory 1: The rifle is the same but the name "Ghatak" is new.
Theory 2: They made modifications to the rifle, and the new modified rifle is called "Ghatak."

Ok, here are some of my thoughts:
  • P-Rail and pistol grip are not modifications in my opinion. These are merely accessorizations. If someone disagrees, so be it.
  • The modifications that count so as to be able to evade a lawsuit are things such as: gas regulator, muzzle brake, etc..

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
So we have theories:
Theory 1: The rifle is the same but the name "Ghatak" is new.
Theory 2: They made modifications to the rifle, and the new modified rifle is called "Ghatak."

Ok, here are some of my thoughts:
  • P-Rail and pistol grip are not modifications in my opinion. These are merely accessorizations. If someone disagrees, so be it.
  • The modifications that count so as to be able to evade a lawsuit are things such as: gas regulator, muzzle brake, etc..

That image in the poster, is a Ghaatak rifle. That is all you need to embrace. That is the new name for the rifle. I dont know what you envision Ghaatak to be, but you're wrong in thinking it's anything other than that. Embrace the true Ghaatak. Will the real Ghaatak please stand up? *Imagine the rifle in the poster standing up*

pmaitra

That image in the poster, is a Ghaatak rifle. That is all you need to embrace. That is the new name for the rifle. I dont know what you envision Ghaatak to be, but you're wrong in thinking it's anything other than that. Embrace the true Ghaatak. Will the real Ghaatak please stand up? *Imagine the rifle in the poster standing up*
I have not seen or disassembled either of the OFB made AKM clones, so I don't envision it to be anything other than mere speculation. I can comment on some Eastern European AKM clones that I have seen internally, but I cannot comment on the OFB made ones. That is why I am saying I need technical details.

I will try to collect information if I can. The post by @Kunal Biswas was informative. He gave some details about the gas regulator.

And this P-rail and pistol-grip stuff, everyone can see that. Those are mere accessories. Try to come up with some technical details. Sine you keep mentioning it, I have seen the poster many times.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I have not seen or disassembled either of the OFB made AKM clones, so I don't envision it to be anything other than mere specualtion. I can comment on some Eastern European AKM clones that I have seen internally, but I cannot comment on the OFB made ones. That is why I am saying I need technical details.

I will try to collect information if I can. The post by @Kunal Biswas was informative. He gave some details about the gas regulator.

And this P-rail and pistol-grip stuff, everyone can see that. Those are mere accessories. Try to come up with some technical details. Sine you keep mentioning it, I have seen the poster many times.

Get ready for more of those grave errors on part of OFB. Because you're going to keep seeing the same rifle named as such.

pankaj nema

Country flag
MSMC has cleared user trails successfully, Its awaiting orders.
Hello Sir

could you please tell us how Indian Army Sniper Guns compare to the Pakistanis

I ask this because the Pakis are using snipers to kill our soldiers on the LOC

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Hello Sir

I'm also interested in learning more about snipers from two sides, specifically a comparison of training equipment etc.

Chinmoy

Country flag
@pankaj nema @Project Dharma .......... First of all you have to understand what is a Sniper. Sniper is not just about shooting and 'One shot one kill'. It is more about tactics and survival. A Sniper's primary role is not to shoot at the first sight but his role is more of a recon person then a warrior. Snipers are mostly used as a cover up for any assault. So keeping all these roles in mind, role of sniper in any army is defined by the doctrine it follows.

As far as weapons of IA sniper and PA sniper is concerned, both does make use of weapons at par with other armies in world. Sniper rifles are actually high calibrated and highly accurate version of assault or hunting rifles. Along with that you have to look at what round you are using. Both side does use rounds ranging from 7.61 to Winchester to 50 BMG.

Training procedures of PA snipers could be provided by PA only and as far as training of Indian snipers are concerned they are at par with any other country. We provide sniper training in many of the army schools across India like MWS, Parvat Ghatak, CIJW.

mikhail

Country flag
Hello Sir

Well,the only visible difference between the two armies is the fact that the P.A. uses Styr SSG-69 (a bolt action rifle)as it primary sniper eifle whereas we use SVD Dragunov semi-auto rifle as our DMR.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Well,the only visible difference between the two armies is the fact that the P.A. uses Styr SSG-69 (a bolt action rifle)as it primary sniper eifle whereas we use SVD Dragunov semi-auto rifle as our DMR.
Aren't bolt actions supposed to be more accurate? Does India use any bolt action rifles?

mikhail

Country flag
Aren't bolt actions supposed to be more accurate? Does India use any bolt action rifles?
Well,truth to be told,the SSG-69 is a bit more accurate one than our SVD but then again the Dragunov itself is quite an accurate DMR itself and seldom misses its target beyond 500 m.Plus,being a semi-auto one with a 10 round magazine,it has it's own set of advantages over the SSG-69.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles